Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

~ BillH:

Presumably not intended for a puppy chew toy.

Thank you for posting these images which show your new treasure's beauty.

May it write as well as it looks!

Tom K.

Thank you both very much. Every so often a guy has to buy something nearly as old as he is :D

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Beautiful pen BillH. May you enjoy writing with it for many years to come. The 234 1/2 is one my favorite Montblanc pens.

I'm another fan of the 234 1/2 so add my congratulations to the list. What nib is on this one?

OB... :P

Im glad to see the website is working again now :-)

Today I received a 225 in Broad which I picked up for a fifth of the price of a similar aged 149. Its a fantastic little pen and the broad nib is soft and springy. A great alternative to rhe more expensive Classique or slightly older 14.

OB... :P

Sweet!!! I have two of these pens--one with an OB and the other I just received from Bertram's Inkwell with an OBB. I know you'll enjoy your pen, Bill!

Im glad to see the website is working again now :-)

Today I received a 225 in Broad which I picked up for a fifth of the price of a similar aged 149. Its a fantastic little pen and the broad nib is soft and springy. A great alternative to rhe more expensive Classique or slightly older 14.

Dubhe, did you get this pen off ebay? I remember bidding for this exact same pen then changed my mind when the price got a little higher than I wanted to pay for.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

Dubhe, did you get this pen off ebay? I remember bidding for this exact same pen then changed my mind when the price got a little higher than I wanted to pay for.

Yes, eBay UK last week.

Hahaha, coincidence! I placed a bid because I wasn't familiar with the pen and it looked nice, I wasn't really serious in purchasing it because I had just made a big purchase the previous day on ebay Uk, I would have gone higher, but the previous purchase was still hurting my wallet so I stopped. Good to know that you got the pen. As I recall the seller also had another junior pen but it did not have the silver cap, hence why it piqued my interest in the first place.

Yes, eBay UK last week.

Recently picked up a Solitaire LeGrand in platinum facet finish. A little indulgence to use at home, it is currently fitted with a B nib. Pictured here next to my other cherished 146's.

eyoJbxIh.jpg

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

Nice picture of a great trio, thanks for sharing!

Recently picked up a Solitaire LeGrand in platinum facet finish. A little indulgence to use at home, it is currently fitted with a B nib. Pictured here next to my other cherished 146's.

Does the pattern not align when the cap is on? Lovely set of pens, tempted to get a Petit Prince the more I see it but am still recovering from a recent Copernicus acquisition.

...tempted to get a Petit Prince the more I see it but am still recovering from a recent Copernicus acquisition.

Maybe this will convince you dubhe, just got this early in the afternoon at the lovely Pencraft store...

post-141810-0-56570900-1540300977_thumb.jpg

post-141810-0-18712600-1540301004_thumb.jpg

Does the pattern not align when the cap is on? Lovely set of pens, tempted to get a Petit Prince the more I see it but am still recovering from a recent Copernicus acquisition.

No, the pattern is close but not perfectly lined up. To be honest it doesnt bother me.

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms