What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2018

RMN

Hahha this has been my dream pen for years and completes my 1950s masterpiece set.

Now you can "hit the slope" all summer.

Sorry for the bad skiing pun. Sometimes "dad jokes" just have to pop out. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got a 1950s 149 in the mail. It's in excellent condition with a juicy B nib!

BVeh2RH.jpg

8eohWVY.jpg

Super cool!!! Congrats!

Some refill bought yesterday at the Montblanc store of Brussel Centre:

41461836835_f42dc1dc62_c.jpg

It was my first visit to the store and it wasn't the most warm welcome we could hope. The seller was a little bit "tense" and not the best welcoming... It is the first time I went to a Montblanc store so i don't know if it is the same style in the others or if it is just in this one and the store is really small so there is not lot of product exhibited.

Some refill bought yesterday at the Montblanc store of Brussel Centre:

41461836835_f42dc1dc62_c.jpg

It was my first visit to the store and it wasn't the most warm welcome we could hope. The seller was a little bit "tense" and not the best welcoming... It is the first time I went to a Montblanc store so i don't know if it is the same style in the others or if it is just in this one and the store is really small so there is not lot of product exhibited.

~ Cyrille:

Thank you for both the image of your ink purchases and the report about the experience.

I especially appreciate that the well-composed photograph clearly shows the variety of refills and bottled inks which you acquired.

May they all write as you hope, adding to the pleasure of using your superb pens.

The Montblanc boutiques I've visited in South Africa, Italy, and eastern China were invariably warm, cheerful experiences.

I hope that your next visit will be more satisfactory, in keeping with Montblanc's sincere customer care.

Tom K.

Just ordered a Kafka fountain pen. I bought it to remember my trip to the Kafka museum in Prague. I am looking forward to receiving it. I am afraid I might be falling into the writers edition collection trap. Must resist!

Seven of Nine: "resistance is futile"

Perhaps it is.

Edited by Mastiff

Just picked up a Montblanc M Ultra Black. Wanted a cartridge fill for travel, and this one just felt right in the hand! (Inspired by the most underappreciated thread!)

Waiting for a cute little 114

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

Just received a bottle of Montblanc Mystery Black. I'm afraid it doesn't measure up to my expectations, which have always been exceeded by Montblanc products before now. I find the ink more gray than black, which is a pet peeve of mine (and a characteristic of inks far from unique to the Montblanc line). I had a sample a while back of the Permanent Black, which was very dark, and what I expected the Mystery Black to be more like - live and learn, I guess. :)

Just bought a few bottles of inks. Yet to try them. The Indian boutiques or retailers don't seem to be interested in stocking the Elixir collection. I had to wait for a month after ordering.

post-140551-0-28409900-1527592879_thumb.jpg

Just bought a few bottles of inks. Yet to try them. The Indian boutiques or retailers don't seem to be interested in stocking the Elixir collection. I had to wait for a month after ordering.

~ amitoberai:

Not only is that a terrific collection of recent ink releases, it's also a great photo.

Thank you for posting the image here.

I'm glad that the inks finally reached you. I hope that you'll enjoy using them in your pens.

Tom K.

Since there are so many posts about ink...

Photo title: New Recruits at the Tomb Of Their Forefathers

fpn_1527628055__20180529_140352_resized.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Just a warning about leaving Lucky Orange in a pen for more than a week or so. As with many other orange inks it tends to form little, concentrated deposits. This time it was bad enought it pushed my steel music nib out of alignment temporarily. So enjoy the color but do not let it sit unattended, especially in pens that are not easily disassembled!

fpn_1527631101__crud_side.jpg

fpn_1527631227__crud_back.jpg

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Just a warning about leaving Lucky Orange in a pen for more than a week or so. As with many other orange inks it tends to form little, concentrated deposits. This time it was bad enought it pushed my steel music nib out of alignment temporarily. So enjoy the color but do not let it sit unattended, especially in pens that are not easily disassembled!

:yikes: :yikes:

Whoa!

NO Bueno!

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

Thanks Tom ! So much to learn from you.

~ amitoberai:

Not only is that a terrific collection of recent ink releases, it's also a great photo.

Thank you for posting the image here.

I'm glad that the inks finally reached you. I hope that you'll enjoy using them in your pens.

Tom K.

A quick writing sample (i have terrible handwriting), also a size comparison with a 136.

fpn_1527182784__cu4f9009.jpg

fpn_1527182921__cu4f9039.jpg

Thanks Farmdogfan :-) Lovely comparison of the two pens. I have a wartime long-ink window 136 too, the diferences in cap size whilst the pens are the same length is quite striking. You have a wonderful example of a super-rare (1939-40) pen. I am definitely keeping a lookout for this one!

Hello friends,

I am slowing down in terms of fountain pens and for the meantime shifting my eyes elsewhere.

It just happened that I recently discovered an outlet boutique and was able to get these goodies at 60%-80% off :)

These two I found their color very interesting so I grabbed them.

fpn_1527683056__85a14a28-3803-4532-af1d-

I loved the guilloche pattern on the 90 Solitaire from Day 1. But it being available in Classic size made me hesitate. Figured it would make a perfect ballpoint however.

fpn_1527683080__s-l1600-2.jpg

Oh and this.. almost didn't know what it was. In this day and age, I suspect it has zero utility to anyone (hence the discount?) but it reminded me of days past (my childhood) and I couldn't resist. Too cute!

fpn_1527683124__img_2797.jpg

Thanks Dascott, the blind cap on the 236 is not the original one though.

Really? I had to look up "blind cap" which seems to be the bit at the end you twist to work the piston in my uneducated vocabulary! I grabed my copy of Roser but there isn't even a picture of the 236 in there.