What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2018

RMN

I wish I can start having such happy little accidents!

Accidentally purchased another 70's 149 in Broad (that makes two this week)... But this one was too good to miss! Original box, lovely Broad nib with flex, single piece barrel and solid ebonite feed.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picked up a Coral Rouge et Noir with a Medium nib. When these first came out I was really tempted but a store salesman convinced me that I would not like it ( too narrow). Well it turns out that yes it is narrow, but I do like it. It writes great with a bit of bounce ( no flex), besides my Agatha needs company.

post-133807-0-01816000-1523896991_thumb.jpeg

Had a bit of a moment on that auction site, fuelled by Songkran celebrations in Bangkok....and now have 2 146's coming to me (thankfully I made 4 offers and 2 were rejected).

One looks like a fine nib with solid gold nib and slotted ink window 

http://MBFine1.jpg

http://

The other I think is a medium, bi-colour nib with slotted ink window

http://Bi-colour medium.jpg

Will see how they write, and move one on probably. Wanted a fine, so no idea why I even bid for the medium.......already got one of them  

post-246-0-09094800-1523991512_thumb.jpeg

post-246-0-54113200-1523991532_thumb.jpeg

post-246-0-76703700-1523991543_thumb.jpeg

post-246-0-00549000-1523991555_thumb.jpeg

...something to tinker with :)

Most pens are in pretty rough condition but so far I've spotted only one pen which is in need of a replacement section.

We'll see how those will turn out after restoration.

Cheers

Michael

Some inks that I had bought last week got delivered.

QV1vlWc.jpg

Plus I found and purchased 60 cartridges of Racing Green and 15 cartridges of other assorted colors. Can't wait!

mjj6ebL.jpg

Omg .... I cant wait

1914 heritage in BLACK from factory ... sealed box

Edited by JohnnyEss

A danish coral red MB "4", with a very nice EF nib.

It´s made between 1937 and 1946, it came in sizes 2,4 and 6 (i have the 2 in 3 different lenghts), and also in black.

fpn_1524205442__cu4f8059.jpg

fpn_1524205489__cu4f8087_copy.jpg

Edited by farmdogfan

A sealed Montblanc Leo Tolstoy LE 1868. Such excitement when unsealing it. 😍😍😍

This pen reminds me of Verne & Martelè. 😘

Huge congratulations... Love both this writer and the WE. I ended up with the more common RB and FP but absolutely love the design of this creation. Provide us with a writing sample as well.

A sealed Montblanc Leo Tolstoy LE 1868. Such excitement when unsealing it. 😍😍😍

This pen reminds me of Verne & Martelè. 😘

Huge congratulations... Love both this writer and the WE. I ended up with the more common RB and FP but absolutely love the design of this creation. Provide us with a writing sample as well.

Thanks. I havent inked yet. Still admiring its beauty.

A danish coral red MB "4", with a very nice EF nib.

It´s made between 1937 and 1946, it came in sizes 2,4 and 6 (i have the 2 in 3 different lenghts), and also in black.

fpn_1524205442__cu4f8059.jpg

fpn_1524205489__cu4f8087_copy.jpg

Another gorgeous red Danish MB! I've just received a book about these pens, and am anxious to learn more about them. Then I hope to snag one or two.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Yesterday I bought a Mb Etoile de Montblanc ballpoint pen, model 25550.

Black, 0,06 ct diamond

The strange thing is that I dont find any information, not in stores, nor on the site of Montblanc itself [only sand colour].

Anyone have clue why I can’t any info?

Thanks

A sealed Montblanc Leo Tolstoy LE 1868. Such excitement when unsealing it.

This pen reminds me of Verne & Martelè.

That's one of my all time favorite pens, in this version in specific! :) Congratulations on a fine acquisition, hope you enjoy it.

Thank you very much Jmccarty3, is it the Holten/Lund book about montblanc in denmark?

Yes, that's the one.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.