The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Dunhill Rollerball (Gemline)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stilografos

stilografos

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2018 - 16:16

Help is needed for sure !! I recently bought a dunhill gemline Rollerball from eBay. One cannot really resist its design. 

The problem I have is that I cannot open the pen to install the refill. I am just guessing that it opens near the tip 

but I may be wrong. If gemlines open near the tip,  the cap is heavily oxidised (or stuck forever).

Very disappointing. I have never come across anything like this before.

I had the impression that the only difficulty with ballpens and rollerballs was to find a refill for vintage models but obviously there is much more than this.IMG_0620.JPG

I would really appreciate your knowledge on this

Happy New Year

Sponsored Content

#2 stuck-in-time

stuck-in-time

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:23

If recall correctly, this type of Dunhill opens from the back.

Does it have a disc with a "flower" like pattern on the back? I forgot if you have to turn it or press on it, but that disc is part of the mechanism that releases the back cover to give you access to the refill.

#3 stilografos

stilografos

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2018 - 16:57

Much obliged ! This is indeed the way to open the pen (the sun or flower pattern in the back of the pen). This must be the most complicated mechanism I have ever encountered. Could not really figure  it out without your help.

Thanks again  

#4 stuck-in-time

stuck-in-time

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2018 - 15:29

Glad I could help  :) The Lamy Dialog 1 too have a "hidden" opening mechanism due to it's shape.

Sponsored Content

|