Is there a "place" on FPN where the "history" of capless pens is discussed, or a brief history of attempts at making a "good" capless pen? C. S.
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 01 January 2018 - 19:34
Are there any capless pens aside from the V.P.?
Please pray the Rosary daily. Thank You, St. Jude, for favors granted.
Grab life with both arms and give it a bear hug every day!
Posted 01 January 2018 - 20:36
Yes, Lamy Dialog 3.
Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:48
I have interested capless pen from the 40's. It's an A.N.Andrews 4th Dimension. It includes an integrated ink shutoff when you close the pen.
It's sort of impractical because it hangs in your pocket point down, so I feel compelled to use a pocket protector.
It has the air of prototype to me, I've seen no other.
Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:00
Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:31
Wow! That's amazing. The cap looks like it may have been inspired by the Eversharp Skyline.
Yes, it looks inspired by the skyline, with the clip that goes over the clear Lucite jewel that magnifies the name inside the barrel.
It's a kind of bulb filler, actuated by a little red Lucite handle that you flip up and push a couple of times.