Lamy Vibrant Pink Le 2018 Ink

ErrantSmudge

Gold sheen plus silver glittery bits.

That saves me $12 plus S&H.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizB

• eharriett

• lgsoltek

• ParkerDuofold

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got email from Goulet Pens saying that they are having a "surprise" sale coming up on ink samples. I was hoping they'd have it in by now (they said it -- and the pens -- are supposed to be in sometime this month).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Hi Ruth,

They released both ink and pens today... they're currently available at Goulet... meanwhile, I'm still trying to decide if I want one. :)

- Anthony

So it's a glitter ink then? I might have to get a sample or a box of carts before committing to a whole bottle.

Hi ES,

I'm pretty sure it's not a glitter ink... I'm fairly certain that's sheen.

- Anthony

Hi ES,

I'm pretty sure it's not a glitter ink... I'm fairly certain that's sheen.

- Anthony

A few people (on Instagram, for example) are showing pics of silver glittery deposits in their bottles and indeed the Goulet site says ”This is a vibrant fuchsia color with tiny silver sparkles”. It’s not showing up much in writing, however. The cartridges appear to be glitter-free.

I don’t think it’s actually a heavy shimmer ink though, like Diamine & Oster, thank goodness.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Yeah. This does appear to be something new for Lamy. Like their Petrol last year. I was not going to get caught flat-footed again. If the ink isn’t great, it will be resold, but something tells me I will find occasional use for this one, especially for holiday cards.

I didn't notice the glitter in my writing or swab at first (I can now see the smallest number of glittery bits with a loupe), but there does appear to be glitter 'sediment' in the bottom of the bottle, but really only a tiny bit. Nothing like the amount that settles in Diamine Shimmertastic or Herbin sparkly inks. But there does appear to be tiny fine particles present.

Not sure if this helps:

Edited by LizB

I got both a bottle and a few packs of cartridges. The cartridges don't have shimmer, so for those of you who don't care for particles (like me... I didn't know otherwise I would not have bought a bottle) you can get some of those :). I really like the color.

The color is really nice, it's a strong hot pink, but with nice shading. The sheen is not as visible as Yama budos, not even on Tomoe River paper. But tbh I don't mind that, I like it when the sheen appears randomly, so to speak surprising me while writing.

The glitter might be in the bottle for the sake of making the bottle prettier since it doesn't transfer to the paper. At least not for me. I only found 1 silver particle in the little sample I made with it. (The a in Lamy) So if you don't like sparkly inks don't let that keep you away.

RG0TCyg.jpg

"Music..Its language is a language which the soul alone understands, but which the soul can never translate." - Arnold Bennett

Instagram // my inks

A few people (on Instagram, for example) are showing pics of silver glittery deposits in their bottles and indeed the Goulet site says This is a vibrant fuchsia color with tiny silver sparkles. Its not showing up much in writing, however. The cartridges appear to be glitter-free.

I dont think its actually a heavy shimmer ink though, like Diamine & Oster, thank goodness.

I didn't notice the glitter in my writing or swab at first (I can now see the smallest number of glittery bits with a loupe), but there does appear to be glitter 'sediment' in the bottom of the bottle, but really only a tiny bit. Nothing like the amount that settles in Diamine Shimmertastic or Herbin sparkly inks. But there does appear to be tiny fine particles present.

Not sure if this helps: https://youtu.be/1PbKIvBP9QQ

Hi Migo and Liz,

I guess I stand corrected... apparently it does seem to have a touch of glitter... perhaps to match the metallic finish of the Al-Star pens... perhaps from now on, the special ink for the LE Al-Stars will have a touch of sparkle to match the pen's finish.

Well, Lamy does seem to be moving in more dynamic directions lately... makes me all the more curious about the ten new inks they're going to be releasing this year. :puddle:

Be well all... :) ...I think I'll probably crack and get both... even though I have no idea what to do with pink ink... :unsure: ...except for maybe editing... :unsure: ...it isn't exactly a "call to attention" color in the classic sense.

- Anthony

The color is really nice, it's a strong hot pink, but with nice shading. The sheen is not as visible as Yama budos, not even on Tomoe River paper. But tbh I don't mind that, I like it when the sheen appears randomly, so to speak surprising me while writing.

The glitter might be in the bottle for the sake of making the bottle prettier since it doesn't transfer to the paper. At least not for me. I only found 1 silver particle in the little sample I made with it. (The a in Lamy) So if you don't like sparkly inks don't let that keep you away.

RG0TCyg.jpg

Hi Dragorsi, et al,

I'm glad to hear it is a very low sparkle ink... otherwise I might not ever be able to live it down... :rolleyes:

- Anthony

Hi Ruth,

They released both ink and pens today... they're currently available at Goulet... meanwhile, I'm still trying to decide if I want one. :)

- Anthony

Yeah, I got the notice from Goulet Pens (naturally *after* their flash sale was over :(. Still waffling on whether to get it now, or wait to see if someone has it at the B/W Pen Show so I can eyeball it in person.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Does anyone have a comparison with Montblanc pink?

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

Does anyone have a comparison with Montblanc pink?

Apologies, rubbish photo - but I think you can see the difference. The Lamy is a much more interesting ink than the Mb, which I find curiously flat & lifeless.

I can just about make out the very fine silver specks in the Lamy but they are barely noticeable, thank goodness. Otherwise Id be getting rid of this ink.

post-100486-0-55031500-1518357243_thumb.jpeg

That's a great comparison. Hope Pink is pretty, isn't it!

It is my least favourite pink; it looks too much like highlighter ink. But it is distinctive.

It looks like Pelikan 4001 Brillant-Rot (finally) decided to identify as Brillant-Pink and worked out to level up its sheen.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

That's a great comparison. Hope Pink is pretty, isn't it!

Hi Liz, et al,

I'm not one for pink inks, but I think Hope Pink is my favorite, too. If I'm going to subject myself to a pink ink... I think I'd prefer it to be a traditional, classic pink. :)

Don't the sales proceeds also go towards breast cancer treatment or the like? I thought I heard that someplace??? :unsure:

- Anthony