My First Indian Pens...

JaysonHarrington

Came today. An FPR Himilaya Indigo Blue and a freebie Muft Demo eyedropper... I love the pen and the Muft is not bad either...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JaysonHarrington

• matteob

• penzel_washinkton

• Stainink

Good for you! They are really inexpensive and write well. My Himalaya, however, burped twice when the ink level on the cartridge got low. I do not know why, as that usually only happens with my eyedroppers.

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

Sailor King of Pens "M" nib running Van Dieman's Heemskerch and Zeehaen

Currently have a free Muft inked with Waterman's Mysterious Blue and I am stunned by how well it writes. It's a much better pen than Noodler's Charlie which I like a lot also. Don't have a Himalaya yet but it's on my wishlist. Do have a serious pile of Indian pens, mostly eyedroppers in the Airmail, Fellowship and Click lines. Be cautious with the Muft, they are great little pens but it is a simple eyedropper with eyedropper issues. As these are your first Indian pens, have fun but carry, or have handy, a paper towel or tissue for that unsightly burp.

Currently have a free Muft inked with Waterman's Mysterious Blue and I am stunned by how well it writes. It's a much better pen than Noodler's Charlie which I like a lot also. Don't have a Himalaya yet but it's on my wishlist. Do have a serious pile of Indian pens, mostly eyedroppers in the Airmail, Fellowship and Click lines. Be cautious with the Muft, they are great little pens but it is a simple eyedropper with eyedropper issues. As these are your first Indian pens, have fun but carry, or have handy, a paper towel or tissue for that unsightly burp.

I have the Muft loaded with Diamine Emerald Green... It writes quite smooth... But that ink bleed and feathers through a bit more in my current journal... I keep a roll of paper towels near my desk... I have Waterman Serenity Blue in the Himalaya...

Came today. An FPR Himilaya Indigo Blue and a freebie Muft Demo eyedropper... I love the pen and the Muft is not bad either...

You know Muft is actually a hindi word and it means "free"

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• 2 weeks later...

My first was an ASA Daily from Subu quickly followed by Guider and Ranga pens and after much blood sweat and tears a Ratnamson 15 with 14k nib. I love the Indian ebonite pens: real craftsmanship for a modest price. ASA would be my first choice as he is a responsive to overseas orders and his pens are reasonably priced. Next would be Guider. Ranga are a pleasure to deal with too but I find them a bit pricey. Ratnamson are hell to deal with but make a lovely pen with hand crafted gold nibs so worth the hassle if you are persistent. Ratnam (yes there are two) refuse to sell abroad and Deccan just ignore enquiries.

Edited by matteob

• 5 months later...

Just got the same pens as the TS, but I applaud the TS for not mentioning the smell on the FPR Muft :lol:

Jokes aside, the Himalaya is my first Indian pen and the finish is just stunning for the price. I tried writing with it with a Sailor Yama-Dori and it is very wet in my opinion (using a flex nib). Haven't tried the Muft but surely will once the smell dissipates in the in the long term.

• 2 months later...

My first Indian FP is Asa Aqua Maya. Actually I want the Asa Nauka, but it might be to big for my hand. So Mr. Subbu suggest the Asa Nauka material in Asa Maya. Love the pen.