The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

A Surprise

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Charles Skinner

Charles Skinner

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2017 - 20:43

I usually care very little for "ballpoint pens," but sometime ago, which at a hospital with a friend, I picked up a "give me" ball point and was really surprised. The name on the clip is ---- "Hub enjoy writing." The word "China" is in tiny, tiny letters of the side of the clip. 

It writes more like a "gel pen," than a cheap ballpoint. Excuse me for not being up to date on such pens since I usually have very little need for a ball point pen. C. S. 

Sponsored Content

#2 stuck-in-time

stuck-in-time

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:41

These days there are "hybrid" ballpoint refills that glide on the paper more like their gel counterparts. The Uni Jetstream, for example, is one of them, and I do love their smoothness very much.

As for the pen itself, Hub is of those "branded" supplier of promotional stationery, where companies put ther logos on pens. They're an American company, but I guess the blank pens come from China...

Sponsored Content

|