Enjoying Montblanc Pens — Broad, Oblique, Extra Fine, Le & Bespoke 2019

RMN

Hi, I rewied my Montblanc Special And Limited Guide, and I founded.

The Zaddick´s challenge is a MONTBLANC Meisterstück 149 Excellence From Hamburg Since 1906.

Ref.: 115239

Is a Special Edition 149 sell at Hamburg´s Montblanc Flagship store.

Is a normal platinum coated #149, black precious resin with platinum-coated details, with the white star emblem, except two special details, wich make unique and important for all of us.

1. specific and distinctive Au750 gold handcrafted monotone nib depicting the castle with three towers which is the embelm of Hamburg Civil Flag

2. specific illustrated grey outer box with the same motif. and the legend Excellence from Hamburg since 1906 written on it.

Congratulations Zaddick, a great piece for your collection!

Regards,

Feamat

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• zaddick

• thygreyt

• NeverTapOut

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maecenas on Iroshizuku yu yake..!

I love the shading of the ink...

fpn_1563647445__reed_thoughts_maecenas.j

Hi, I rewied my Montblanc Special And Limited Guide, and I founded.

The Zaddick´s challenge is a MONTBLANC Meisterstück 149 Excellence From Hamburg Since 1906.

Ref.: 115239

Is a Special Edition 149 sell at Hamburg´s Montblanc Flagship store.

Is a normal platinum coated #149, black precious resin with platinum-coated details, with the white star emblem, except two special details, wich make unique and important for all of us.

1. specific and distinctive Au750 gold handcrafted monotone nib depicting the castle with three towers which is the embelm of Hamburg Civil Flag

2. specific illustrated grey outer box with the same motif. and the legend Excellence from Hamburg since 1906 written on it.

Congratulations Zaddick, a great piece for your collection!

Regards,

Feamat

Sorry Feamat, was lazy typing as it was 4am when I typed my question back there, (Time now is 0430am), my dealer actually has one up for sale, with an F nib, hard pass for me since it came with a fine nib. I was actually looking at the pictures of this pen when I realised that it was the same as Zaddicks post.

post-141810-0-74675700-1563648771_thumb.jpg

post-141810-0-52031900-1563648784.jpg

Edited by AndyLogan

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

Hello Tom, Andy, and Feamat. You are all, indeed correct. I did not have a platinum line 149 and liked the idea of a special city nib.

Tom - this pen may indeed be a good candidate for a bespoke offering. Another reason for the pickup.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Hello Tom, Andy, and Feamat. You are all, indeed correct. I did not have a platinum line 149 and liked the idea of a special city nib.

Tom - this pen may indeed be a good candidate for a bespoke offering. Another reason for the pickup.

fpn_1563696947__zaddick_platinum_149.jpg

I had the opportunity to test drive a Hadrian a couple of weeks ago. What a stunning pen. I honestly thought I'd hate it. It doesn't really post and it is quite heavy, but feels really nice in the hand and is just the right length. Only issue was that Starbucks logo. It's a shame they didn't go with the Regio Medusa but I guess Versace would have sued*. The barrel is very nicely done, the piston nob is lovely and very smooth and the nib was a tiny bit soft.

*Presuming of course the Regio Medusa head is a copyrighted trademark image of Versace. Maybe it is if you put the Greek key circle around it.

I had the opportunity to test drive a Hadrian a couple of weeks ago. What a stunning pen. I honestly thought I'd hate it. It doesn't really post and it is quite heavy, but feels really nice in the hand and is just the right length. Only issue was that Starbucks logo. It's a shame they didn't go with the Regio Medusa but I guess Versace would have sued*. The barrel is very nicely done, the piston nob is lovely and very smooth and the nib was a tiny bit soft.

*Presuming of course the Regio Medusa head is a copyrighted trademark image of Versace. Maybe it is if you put the Greek key circle around it.

I nearly died laughing @Unicial at the STARBUCKS logo referrence!

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

a few old friends got together in the office today...

fpn_1563819461__4_139_nibs.jpg

Clockwise from the top: 250 Palladium M/B stub, 14C L139 OBB, 14C L139 F, 14C L139 OM

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Hi Tom,

that will be very interesting!

Could you see writing samples?

Best wishes

Jens

.....................................................................................................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136145166@N02/albums

~ Uncial:

I'm glad to know of your favorable reaction to the Hadrian.

Thank you for mentioning the substantial mass.

As it happens, I'm rather partial to heavier pens.

Tom K.

that will be very interesting!

Could you see writing samples?

Best wishes

Jens

~ SchaumburgSwan:

Yes, I've received several personal note from Germany written with a prototype Expression nib.

I'm not in a position to post them. The writing sample were clear, with well-formed characters.

More than that I ought not say.

Tom K.

fpn_1563819461__4_139_nibs.jpg

Clockwise from the top: 250 Palladium M/B stub, 14C L139 OBB, 14C L139 F, 14C L139 OM

~ zaddick:

Your outstanding photo above merits the highest praise.

The technical qualities of the image dazzle me!

Your selection of nibs is nothing less than top-class all the way around.

Such a superb collection deserves a portrait of this quality.

As ever, you have my highest appreciation for your exceptional pens and your generous information to all in this forum.

Tom K.

~ SchaumburgSwan:

Yes, I've received several personal note from Germany written with a prototype Expression nib.

I'm not in a position to post them. The writing sample were clear, with well-formed characters.

More than that I ought not say.

Tom K.

Thank You Tom!

.....................................................................................................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136145166@N02/albums

~ zaddick:

Two of my East Asian friends expressed immense admiration for your nib quartet image.

Tom K.