What Pens Are You Using Today 2019

RMN

I used a charcoal Lamy Safari with a Broad nib, filled with Diamine Blue Velvet ink at work today.

It was a bit broad for some of my uses, but everything worked out just fine.

Tomorrow will be a Monteverde Invincia in Medium with J Herbin Bleu Pervenche.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• inkstainedruth

• Helen350

• northstar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Three leather bound journals were gifted to me, so today I am using (3) pens from different countries to

'baptize' my new journals (red/white/blue):

Red - Esterbrook - Ink: Sheaffer Skrip Red (USA)

White - FPR Himalaya Ink:: Chesterfield Antique Crimson (India)

Blue - Picasso 975 Ink: deAtramentis Adular Blue (China)

fpn_1560528603__esterbrookpens61419.jpg

A broad Nakaya desk pen with a Mottishaw CI. A broad Platinum 3776 Bourgogne with a Pendleton Brown CI. Both are super writers. Keeping in mind that many say the nibs on 3776s and Nakaya are the same, I just noticed today that the Nakaya broad CI is nearly twice as broad as the 3776 broad CI. Before the 3776 was modified, it was narrower than the modified Nakaya. The nibs may be the same. They look much the same. But, the Nakaya began life much broader than the 3776.

I also used a Nakaya Portable SF. All three are special.

Filled up the Omas Paragon, in the classic blue cotton resin with a nice smooth and wet fine nib, with Diamine Asa Blue.

Filled up the Omas Paragon, in the classic blue cotton resin with a nice smooth and wet fine nib, with Diamine Asa Blue.

Does your Omas have only a cap band, and not the band on the section? And, does it have the smaller clip with the roller? If so, do you know the approximate age of your pen?

Hello Biancitwo,

It's got the band on the section, as well.

Not sure about the age, either.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Hello Biancitwo,

It's got the band on the section, as well.

Not sure about the age, either.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Mine has just the cap band and smaller roller clip. Rarely do I see an Omas with that combination. When I have seen them, I always ask. So far no one has responded who knows the age. Regardless, they are such wonderful writers. I enjoy mine when writing. I enjoy mine when just reading about someone else writing with one.

Esterbrook - M. Nib Ink: Diamine Syrah

Retro 51 Tornado Prism - B. nib Ink::Chesterfield Antique Oxford

fpn_1560615236__retro5142717d.jpg

So Im taking physiology during the summer and its 4 days a week so i have 4 pens so Ill get to use a different pent each day! This week Ill be creating chicken scratch notes with my Lamy Safari that has Colorverse 75t Rocket engine. 3 Twsbi Ecos with Colorverse Depth, KSLV-II, and Pelikan Edelstine Olivine.

Parker Duofold Centennial Pearl Grey with a fine nib. Filled with Graf von Faber-Castell Cobalt Blue.

eJWbXF.jpg

2YvVJc.jpg

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher. (Einstein)

http://www.facebook.com/GuentherDebertin

I pulled out my Delta Dolce Vita, with fine nib. It is filled with Blackstone Barrister Blue. It is the oversized. I put it away a couple of years ago, because it was too large. Since then I acquired a HS Lava oversized. It is not as large in its girth as the Delta, but its weight is much more. After using the HS, the Delta now feels more ordinary. Less a chore to use. And, the Delta's fine nib is still excellent.

Parker: Vacumatic Burgundy Pearl Lockdown

Bexley: Poseidon Magnum II PIF

Parker: Vacumatic Golden Pearl Jeweler's Band Speedline

Japanese Eyedropper with shut-off valve

Parker: Vacumatic Junior Lockdown

Sailor: Large 1911 flat-top with anchor C/C

fpn_1560817216__azxaew.jpg

Fred

Edited by Freddy

My Delta Dolce Vita, with fine nib, with Barrister Blue. And, a second Italian Pen, a Leonardo Blue Hawaii, with a steel CI by Pendleton Brown, with Pelikan Tanzanite. I carried only Italian pens for the first time in all these years. I enjoyed them both. And, to think my Omas and Homo Sapien Bronze Age were at home.

PenBBS 355, M nib, with Diamine Sherwood Green. Holds a lot of ink, but will be written dry today. Backup pen, is a PenBBS 309, F nib, with Diamine Aurora Borealis.

In the pocket, a Marupen, with F nib, and the blue cartridge that came with the pen.

In the backpack, a Kaweco Brass, B nib, and Blackstone Black Stump, and a Blackwing pencil.

A Peyton Street Pen Works prototype with a cursive italic nib by Nivardo Sanchez, filled with Birmingham Phipps Conservatory Verbena

Parker quink in a late 20s Parker Black lucky curve 3 cool

Edited by GlenV

Regards, Glen

fpn_1560961906__img_5159.jpg

When I read this, “The Horror!” jumped out at me, reminding me of Joseph Conrad’s same infamous line from THE HEART OF DARKNESS. I imagined the young protagonist (an FP enthusiast) traveling up the Congo, anxious to meet Kurtz, only to discover him writing with a ballpoint pen. The Horror!