What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today? 2018 + 2019

RMN

Today it's the turn of :

Hero 132 , Hero 169 (12K Gold nib) , Hero 704 , Golden Star (Type) 28 , Golden Star (Type) 26 .

pR0GFeu.jpg

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Mech-for-i

• drathbun

• Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Today it's the turn of :

Wing Sung 5502 , Lanbitou 3059 - (EF) , Lanbitou 3059 - (F) , Lanbitou 3059 - (Hooded EF) .

2x3rOA5.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Today it's the turn of :

Wing Sung 626 , Jin Hao 126 , Hero 901 , Jin Hao 1000 .

tJVYAfR.jpg

2oTrB3Y.jpg

NlMAaVz.jpg

6vBuy8s.jpg

Ionut - Marius

I have the GS 28 in front of me and can definitely say it is a number 6 nib, I'm not familiar with the others.

Do the Hero 5020, Gold Star 28 and Wing Sung 626 use the same size nib?

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Do the Hero 5020, Gold Star 28 and Wing Sung 626 use the same size nib?

Hero 5020 is a # 5, Gold Star 28 is a # 6 and Wing Sung 626 is a i guess a # 8 .

Ionut - Marius

Today it's the turn of :

Ling Mo - Lorelei , Jin Hao - 9009 , Moon Man - M2 , DeLike - New Moon 3 .

qhWDvAQ.jpg

QmMdVxl.jpg

BV6q5wl.jpg

4Bd3L45.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Today it's the turn of :

Hero - 343 , Dika Wen - 821 , Wing Sung - 3010 , Moon Man - Wancai .

Uz59zNF.jpg

OwHkqN8.jpg

vLhFM1D.jpg

XvNcjhz.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Today it's the turn of :

Baoer - 507 , Baoer - 027 , Hero - 616 Plus , GuanLeming - 2001 .

PJStn0Y.jpg

2inCX75.jpg

lMdglKj.jpg

uGriF4c.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Today it's the turn of :

DeLike - New Moon 2 , Golden Star 565 , Baoer 3035 , Wing Sung 626 .

DfPnIMa.jpg

fKtKHRB.jpg

hIrk29J.jpg

HYvzSB9.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Hi Steven, I really like the Golden Star 565 (billed as a PFM style pen) but mine keeps drying out. Have tried, without success, to seal the cap. Do you have a drying problem and have you found a fix??

Thanks

Today it's the turn of :

DeLike - New Moon 2 , Golden Star 565 , Baoer 3035 , Wing Sung 626 .

Hi Steven, I really like the Golden Star 565 (billed as a PFM style pen) but mine keeps drying out. Have tried, without success, to seal the cap. Do you have a drying problem and have you found a fix??

Thanks

My Golden Star 565 it's lasts close to a week unused , for my that it's ok . You could try the Hero 565 it's essentially the same pen but it is drying slower it writing even after a week of been unused and in general it's a little better .

Edited by Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Ionut - Marius

• 2 weeks later...

I love the size of the 565, sometimes billed as a Chinese PFM, but the pen dries out. Have tried sealing the cap with various thing but no real solution. If your dries out do you have any ideas?

Edited to add: Where did you find an aftermarket barrel? I thought the 565 was discontinued.

I just happen to start another fill on my Heror 565 ( which I had an after market wooden barrel fitted ) today, with Diamine Evergreen

Hero 565 retrofitted with after market wood barrel, on Flickr

Edited by OCArt

I love the size of the 565, sometimes billed as a Chinese PFM, but the pen dries out. Have tried sealing the cap with various thing but no real solution. If your dries out do you have any ideas?

Edited to add: Where did you find an aftermarket barrel? I thought the 565 was discontinued.

No they are not in production AFAIK, but plenty of stock are still around retail and just might be, Hero could still be doing irregular scheduled batch production. In any case there is several aftermarket barrel parts on Taobao and in their home market online retail channel but I am not sure if they offer those on say Etsy or AliExpress , but here's a link to one of the better one still offering - Hero 565 after market wooden barrel on TaoBao -

BTW mine do not had any issue with dry out but if there is such its likely to do with the cap liner / inner cap having air gap open to the environment usually around the cap / inner cap edge and then the clip , some thick silicone grease usually solve the problem quite well

Edited by Mech-for-i