What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today? 2018 + 2019

RMN

This is the new version for 2018 of this mega topic.

The last post in the old topic can be found at:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/213164-what-chinese-pens-are-you-using-today/page-185?p=3971888&do=findComment&comment=3971888

Enjoy

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Mech-for-i

• drathbun

• Stefan-Ionut-Marius

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished testing my newest addition: one of two Wing Sung 3008s. I've been into fountain pens for over two years, yet I've never used a piston filler until now.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the 3008. I have heard good things about the pen as a whole, as well as some not good things about the nib. I ordered a fine and an extra fine, but I received two fines. The nib that I used lays down a line as thick as my Kaweco Sport's medium nib. It isn't scratchy, though there is a bit of feedback, not unlike a Platinum nib.

For what it's worth, I ordered the two pens on the same day from the same seller. One has a locking piston knob; the one that I used does not.

Edited by madrigal

Hello,

happy new year to everyone!!

I inked up my Wing Sung 234 with Parker Quink today. Here is a little review:

Thank you for watching and sharing!!

MontPelikan

Wing Sung 618

Wing Sung 618 - It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 13,5 cm ,

Filling System - Piston Filled pen ,

Color - Red transparent Resin barrel , section and cap .

Nib - A fine to medium hooded nib .

Ink - Pelikan 4001, Brilliant Red .

post-134601-0-73467800-1515662857_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stefan-Ionut-Marius
I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

Wing Sung 618

Wing Sung 618 - It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 13,5 cm ,

Filling System - Piston Filled pen ,

Color - Red solid Resin barrel , section and cap .

Nib - A fine to medium hooded nib .

Ink - Pelikan 4001, Blue Black .

post-134601-0-06913700-1515735619_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Ionut - Marius

Hello!

This is my first post on the fountain pen network and I'm excited to be part of a community that loves fountain pens and writing.

As for a Chinese pen that I'm currently using, I have had the pleasure of being gifted a Hero H718 from my family for Christmas. This pen is essentially an hommage (or a downright copy) of the Montblanc Heritage 1912. It is a black pen with silver trim, has a retractable and springy 10k nib and is actually quite a pleasure to use. The nib is advertised as 0.5mm and writes like a bit like a German fine, maybe slightly finer (as compared to the Faber Castell Ambition in Fine). I believe the body is made of metal and the cap is made of resin. It also has a piston filling mechanism that is almost identical to the Montblanc Heritage 1912. However, I've heard that the piston mechanism on the Hero H718 is not as silky smooth as that of its german inspiration

Though many may find the retractable nib gimmicky, I do think it adds character to the pen. However, compared to the Montblanc heritage 1912, the pen does not cap as deep. This results in the capped length of the pen being longer than the Montblanc 1912.

Overall, I really do enjoy this pen! Has anyone else had any experience with it?

Edited by Dr_Jekyll

Wing Sung - 590

Wing Sung - 590 - It is a Fountain Pen with a classic nib .

Length 17 cm ,

Filling System - It is aerometric ,

Color - Black plastic Cap , Barrel and Section .

Nib - A medium classic nib .

Ink - Pelikan 4001, Royal Blue .

post-134601-0-17696800-1515842791_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Jinhao 675 w/D. Amber

Baoer? ( His Nibs calls it Arrow Clip) w/D. Ancient Copper

Baoer 68 w/ Nemosine 1.1 nib and D. Evergreen

Delike Alpha w/ Koh-inoor permanent black

Baoer 501 w/D. Pumpkin

A Jinhao 911 I got yesterday. My first new pen for nearly a year, so I thought I'd splash out & go for a really high end one - the 911. ;)

Hmm. I was hoping it'd be as good as the now unavailable J321 ( https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/141747-jinhao-321-review/?p=1405059 ). I don't think it is. But not too bad. Had to fiddle with the nib & it seems to dry out fast. Just wish it was not a Fine, otherwise it'd be quite nice to use regularly.

Regards,

Richard.

Youth 303

Youth 303 - It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 14,5 cm ,

Color - Plastic barrel in green and metal cap , with a green plastic section and with a ink window .

Nib - A fine hooded nib .

post-134601-0-49494400-1516392927_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Hero 616 (AL)

Hero 616 (AL) - It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 14 cm ,

Color - Aluminum cap and barrel with a black plastic section and with a ink window .

Nib - A fine hooded nib .

post-134601-0-67100800-1516426111_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius