What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today? 2018 + 2019

RMN

My Picasso 961 arrved today. Currently inked and putting it through its paces. Will review after a couple of days of writing.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Mech-for-i

• drathbun

• Stefan-Ionut-Marius

My new Kaigelu 316 in Charcoal. I've been writing with it all day and have done an unboxing and review/comparison with my other Kaigelu 316 in Amber.

O60gr4H.jpg?1

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

PenBBS 456, what a wonderful vacuum filler. I ground the stock nib to a cursive italic and love it.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

SKB F19 - F. Nib. Ink: Lamy Dark Violet (writes F/M)

Picasso 961 - F. nib. Ink: Diamine Sherwood Green

Wing Sung 3003 yellow plastic FP. EF. Thank goodness I only purchased a couple to tinker around with. The pen finial cap looks unique - three rings with a FP centered, and the registered trademark symbol. The plastic feels flimsy. Carry this to class if you dare--nib issue.. One thing for sure, if you lose one, you probably will not notice. The nib is an EF. Metal is soft, and with little to no effort, with the first pen the nib split open. I managed to press the tines back together. Though an EF, it writes like a fine on Black 'n Red notebook paper, and writes like a fine/med. on 20 lb. weight paper. You have to handle this nib very carefully--writing lightly. Ink flow is nice. . With the 2nd pen the nib was not nearly as bad--quality control concern?? Clip is snug, however, can easily clip to a pocket. Will try to swap nibs with Jinhao 992 nibs I have in my stash. In all of the years of sharing my pen experiences, this one I will not recommend!!!

s-l1600.jpg

Wing Sung 3003 yellow plastic FP. EF. Thank goodness I only purchased a couple to tinker around with. The pen finial cap looks unique - three rings with a FP centered, and the registered trademark symbol. The plastic feels flimsy. Carry this to class if you dare--nib issue.. One thing for sure, if you lose one, you probably will not notice. The nib is an EF. Metal is soft, and with little to no effort, with the first pen the nib split open. I managed to press the tines back together. Though an EF, it writes like a fine on Black 'n Red notebook paper, and writes like a fine/med. on 20 lb. weight paper. You have to handle this nib very carefully--writing lightly. Ink flow is nice. . With the 2nd pen the nib was not nearly as bad--quality control concern?? Clip is snug, however, can easily clip to a pocket. Will try to swap nibs with Jinhao 992 nibs I have in my stash. In all of years of sharing my pen experiences, this one I will not recommend!!!

Those are the colorful little Prera-like pens? Jinhao makes them, too. I have several 'JinPreras' and the nibs are not at all fragile. The feed is transparent.

My blue JinPrera arrived with a cracked cap. I reinforced it with packing tape, and now happily use it as an ink tester.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Those are the colorful little Prera-like pens? Jinhao makes them, too. I have several 'JinPreras' and the nibs are not at all fragile. The feed is transparent.

My blue JinPrera arrived with a cracked cap. I reinforced it with packing tape, and now happily use it as an ink tester.

I'm so glad your experience has been different than my own. Quality issues??? Actually, this is the first pen I have used since 2002 which I have made an unfavorable review. I own a yellow Pilot Prera, and I definitely see the similarity..

Sailor Kenshin: Another interesting plastic pen is the SKB F19. Though plastic, appears to be just a bit better in quality than the plastic WS 3003. Nib not soft, and writes well with good ink flow. Comes in green/black/red/dark blue/sky blue/green agate. This is the pen I would recommend to be used for class, and other like situations. Three of mine are inked: Red pen - Sheaffer Skrip Red; Black - Lamy Dark Violet; Sky Blue - Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise. The nib reminds me of the nib on the Jinhao 992. Never once had a problem with the tines splitting. Ebay seller: chacewang

Sailor Kenshin: Another interesting plastic pen is the SKB F19. Though plastic, appears to be just a bit better in quality than the plastic WS 3003. Nib not soft, and writes well with good ink flow. Comes in green/black/red/dark blue/sky blue/green agate. This is the pen I would recommend to be used for class, and other like situations. Three of mine are inked: Red pen - Sheaffer Skrip Red; Black - Lamy Dark Violet; Sky Blue - Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise. The nib reminds me of the nib on the Jinhao 992. Never once had a problem with the tines splitting. Ebay seller: chacewang

Pretty! There's also the F20, with a flat top profile similar to the Sailor ProGear.

Up very early this morning, spending time in meditation, and writing in my prayer journal. Used the following:

Wing Sung 3008 - F. nib. Ink: Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise (the nib is smoothing out with use)

FPR Jaipur - 1.0 Stub Ink: Sheaffer Skrip Red

UPDATE: Was found in my mailbox when I got home this afternoon.. Purchased from Bobby Pens.

Updated FuliWen Submarine - M. nib. Ink: Chesterfield Xircon

fpn_1552854874__fuliwen31719.jpg

My Fuliwan 016 modded with a Vintage Golden Star 9.6K gold nib again with PenBBS no.68 Bamboo Moon and also my M&G AFPM1202 fashioned with a Lamy Z50 EF nib, with PenBBS No.27 Raven Grey

Edited by Mech-for-i

Wing Sung 3008 - F. nib. Ink: Chesterfield Turquoise

Pilot Preva - M. nib Ink: Montblanc Blue/Black

aXqNsYQ.jpg?1

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

Picasso Luxor - M. nib. Ink: Sheaffer Skrip Green

Picasso 975 - F. nib. Ink: deAtramentis Adular Blue

I signed a contract for a new vehicle today with my Kaigelu 316 Charcoal "Roo". The salesman noticed my pen and commented on how beautiful it was. He was floored when I told him it was less than half the price of the Safari he had on his desk!

- William Thackeray

I signed a contract for a new vehicle today with my Kaigelu 316 Charcoal "Roo". The salesman noticed my pen and commented on how beautiful it was. He was floored when I told him it was less than half the price of the Safari he had on his desk!

It is interesting the responses we get regarding our Chinese pens. Others find it hard to believe the price we purchase for our little gems. Those at my local Post Office call me the "Pen Lady", and always ask what new pens I can show them. They tend to drool over my Picasso Avignon, the Roo 316 white/black and my Jinhao 3000. I've got to stop by the Post Office next week, and I plan on taking my WS 3008... I'm looking forward to the Kaigelu 336 arriving. It landed in the US on the 19th.

s-l1600.jpg

I am having SUCH fun with my Jinhao Sharks...plus there's a new Jinhao 159 begging for a test drive. It's huge and heavy for me, but it's getting some Monteverde Smoke later today.

I make no appologies for having the following pens inked...

A clear PenBBS 355, and two 308's, Gloom and Starry Night. Also a black 371.

A superb Moonman M100, and equally good Wancai mini.

Two Jinhao 51A's, from ChinesePens.

A Marupen Stationary pocket pen, in that wonderful material called 'Autumn'.

A Kaco Sky / V&A William Morris pen, with its so smooth XF nib.

Most of these pens are inked with Diamine Sherwood Green or Blackstone Black Stump. Though, there are a couple of Robert Osters in there.

Finally, and just for fun, several of those 'gothic' / 'duckbilled' demonstrator pens, with 1.1 / 1.5 nibs, carrying various glitter / shimmer inks.

:D

Today, my beautiful Liy Shisan

c7DSJ7.jpg

An attractive pen. Is the nib an EF or F? How does it write? Your thoughts? Been looking at the Liy Future Blue Coral,