What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today? 2018 + 2019

RMN

Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands - Goulet 1.1 stub. Ink:: Blackstone Barrier Reef Blue (Love this pen/nib combo) - China

Bexley Cappuccino - Fine nib. Ink: Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise - US

FPR Green Acrylic - Med. nib. Ink: :Iroshizuku Kon Teki - India

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Mech-for-i

• drathbun

• Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Fuliwen 016 EF with Montblanc Swan Illusion Plume

Delike Shepherd Boy with Private Reserve Cadillac Blue

Moonman M2 EF with Honest (bleep) Sepia

Pen BBS 469 (currently uninked)

Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands - Goulet 1.1 stub. Ink:: Blackstone Barrier Reef Blue (Love this pen/nib combo) - China

Bexley Cappuccino - Fine nib. Ink: Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise - US

FPR Green Acrylic - Med. nib. Ink: :Iroshizuku Kon Teki - India

Nice to see another Blackstone ink user Helen, Sydney Harbour blue for me.

I'll just talk about the ones I actually used today lol

Jinhao X750 Checker Board - Medium nib - Jinhao Blue ink cartridge.

Jinhao X750 - Brushed Steel - Medium nib - Jinhao Red ink cartridge

Jinhao X450 - Lava Red - Medium nib - jinhao bluish violet ink cartridge

post-146956-0-90067200-1545999100_thumb.jpg

post-146956-0-45734600-1545999110_thumb.jpg

post-146956-0-07794800-1545999123_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Today it's the turn of :

Wing Sung 626 , Jin Hao 126 , Hero 901 , Jin Hao 1000 .

tJVYAfR.jpg

2oTrB3Y.jpg

NlMAaVz.jpg

6vBuy8s.jpg

I like that Wing Sung 626. Looks a bit classy, or Art Deco!

I like that Wing Sung 626. Looks a bit classy, or Art Deco!

Yes and it's was free :) i bought from a seller on ebay 2 Wing Sung 601 and 2 Wing Sung 601 A and i received the Wing Sung 626 for free .

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

Delike New Moon 3 (Mockingbird Blue) - M. nib. Ink: Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise

Jinhao X750 (Royal Blue Marble) - Goulet 1.1 stub. Ink: Diamine Brandy Dazzle Shimmering

Jinhao Century (Yellow/Black) - M. nib. Ink: Chesterfield Antique Orchid

Delike New Moon 3 - M. Nib Ink: Diamine Shimmering Magical Forest

PenBBS 456 clear demonstrator with Iroshizuku Shin Kai and Jinhao 159 Purple with Iroshizuku Yama Budo

Edited by Lynx3008

WIng Sung 601A, Diamine Oxblood ink

What are your thoughts about the 601A. Is the nib rather smooth, or a lot of feedback? I am not particularly fond of hooded nibs, however, this pen looks interesting. I took a liking to the Lake Blue.

What are your thoughts about the 601A. Is the nib rather smooth, or a lot of feedback? I am not particularly fond of hooded nibs, however, this pen looks interesting. I took a liking to the Lake Blue.

I just got my Wing Sung 601A last week. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it because it came with two Kaco Edge pens in M and EF which have been way more fun to play with despite the converter filler and boring black colour, and then I got distracted practising nib grinding.

When I first used mine after first fill (Diamine Red Dragon instead of the Diamine Oxblood of GreyPix) it was frankly scratchy. I thought I might give it a go tuning later, and just put it away. I picked it up two days later, and the ink had properly saturated and it was smooth enough to actually use, so never did tune it.

It's the stiffest nail I can remember using. The line is a sharp 0.4 mm with this ink on Silvine 75gsm lined paper ("The Red One"). A lot of people compare feedback to pencils. Imagine the feedback you get when you just finish sharpening a pencil, that catches a bit but smooths out after four or five seconds of writing. Then imagine that it never did smooth out, instead. That's the feeling of this pen. In fact, I had a brief olfactory hallucination of smelling pencil filings when writing with this pen. I also get hard starts occasionally on an upstroke.

I love the filler, I love the ink window, I love the way it looks, I love the weight, I love the feel in my hand. I don't really care for the writing experience. But I don't really hate it, either.

I just got my Wing Sung 601A last week. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it because it came with two Kaco Edge pens in M and EF which have been way more fun to play with despite the converter filler and boring black colour, and then I got distracted practising nib grinding.

When I first used mine after first fill (Diamine Red Dragon instead of the Diamine Oxblood of GreyPix) it was frankly scratchy. I thought I might give it a go tuning later, and just put it away. I picked it up two days later, and the ink had properly saturated and it was smooth enough to actually use, so never did tune it.

It's the stiffest nail I can remember using. The line is a sharp 0.4 mm with this ink on Silvine 75gsm lined paper ("The Red One"). A lot of people compare feedback to pencils. Imagine the feedback you get when you just finish sharpening a pencil, that catches a bit but smooths out after four or five seconds of writing. Then imagine that it never did smooth out, instead. That's the feeling of this pen. In fact, I had a brief olfactory hallucination of smelling pencil filings when writing with this pen. I also get hard starts occasionally on an upstroke.

I love the filler, I love the ink window, I love the way it looks, I love the weight, I love the feel in my hand. I don't really care for the writing experience. But I don't really hate it, either.

Love your creative writing style - "an olfactory hallucination of smelling pencil filings when writing with this pen." :lticaptd: I think I will hold on that purchase. I recognize that feeling about certain pens - neither love or hate them. Thank goodness I do not have many in my collection. Ink windows are a real treat, for I have a bad habit of writing until there is nothing left--not even the aroma of ink. Several of my pens from India have been a lifesaver because of the ink window. Thank you for your response, and such a pleasant response to read.

Hello,

I really like the pen.

Mine was uber-smooth and wet for a fine nib and I have had no problems with it at all.

As per JollyCynic's comments regarding the filling mechanism and ink window. Both are really good features. The filling mechanism makes it a breeze to completely fill with (in my experience) no more than three presses of the plunger and it has to be one of the cleanest ways of filling a fountain pen that I know.

For the price, and if you like the style, it is a bargain.

"an olfactory hallucination of smelling pencil filings ...

nothing left--not even the aroma of ink

You missed your chance Helen: "not even the olfactory hallucination of ink in the pen"

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire