The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Air Channel Of Twsbi 580. Feed Hack.

1 reply to this topic

#1 minddance

minddance

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:06

I am very upset with a twsbi 580 stub that puts down very very little ink onto paper. I tried opening the tines of the nib but it is not much better. Apparently, I have a problem with the feed. The ink is fed thru a very small opening and thru a very small passage from the barrel to the feed.

And since the feed is the culprit, I want to hack the feed. Do I need to widen the air channel or the ink channel or both?

Where is the air channel located?

(I don't want to go the detergent/Kodak Photoflo route nor "use a wetter ink, more absorbent paper".)

Edited by minddance, 28 December 2017 - 07:07.

Sponsored Content

#2 joly1

joly1

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2018 - 18:08

I had the same problem with a twsbi vac 700,on which I swapped a flex nib (fpr) I opened both the ink channel which is in contact with the nib slit, and the air channel which is on the inferior part of the feed, you have to be carefull and test the flow often, if you overdo it ,there wont be any way back, you will have a gusher.I used a xacto blade and as the feed is plastic ,it is not easy to get a smooth and clean result,but with care, it worked.

Reply to this topic

Sponsored Content

|