Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using *show* Us!, 2018 + 2019 + 2020

RMN

My first purchase of 2018

Liston,

That pen is one that I could add to my wishlist, looks awesome, is just like Sbre brown's pen right? Anyway, congrats, looks awesome, what nib size you got? I love the 1.3 Stub in Viscontis.

Luis A.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• Houston

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• A Smug Dill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been sorting through some vintage pens I have not used for a long time. Tonight I cleaned, re-sacked and inked up this beauty. A mottled hard rubber Conway Stewart 770M. The full imprint reads The Conway Pen and Conway Stewart London. This is a thick pen, about the same circumference as a Waterman 58. Looking forward to giving it a workout in the morning.

Been sorting through some vintage pens I have not used for a long time. Tonight I cleaned, re-sacked and inked up this beauty. A mottled hard rubber Conway Stewart 770M. The full imprint reads The Conway Pen and Conway Stewart London. This is a thick pen, about the same circumference as a Waterman 58. Looking forward to giving it a workout in the morning.

that is an awesome pen....

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Liston,

That pen is one that I could add to my wishlist, looks awesome, is just like Sbre brown's pen right? Anyway, congrats, looks awesome, what nib size you got? I love the 1.3 Stub in Viscontis.

Luis A.

Hi Luis,

It is the same, Opera Master Demo Tobacco also known as Turtle. 18kt medium gold nib. It took me 3 years to find one. Well worth the wait.

Hi Luis,

It is the same, Opera Master Demo Tobacco also known as Turtle. 18kt medium gold nib. It took me 3 years to find one. Well worth the wait.

I am very happy for you, good to hear you finally got to own one, and when a pen is hard to find you enjoy it a bit more I reckon!

Cheers,

Luis A.

This week I finally (to the extreme detriment of my wallet due to the sentimental nature that one should generally never involve with any eBay auction) completed my set of Duofolds. The original, the fountain pen with the banner/arrow nib, was given to me by my father, who bought it when I was very young and he was at the height of his legal career. When I started law school, he dug it out of his desk and bestowed it upon me. I loved the pen, but soon found that when doing meetings/depositions/going to court, a fountain pen is (I know, I can't believe myself either) NOT always the optimal writing tool.

So, I set off to complete his set with a Rollerball and a Pencil. All of these were made within a few months of each other, and are all the reissue set with the Duofold Banner top. I stopped short of a ballpoint because: 1) That's a line I will not cross, not even to complete the full set. LIQUID INK OR DEATH! 2) The actual reason, which is that my favorite pen case is a 3-pen case.

I now have a nice, fully functional set to take with me that looks consistent and professional!

post-130616-0-29081200-1517444725_thumb.jpg

post-130616-0-31254700-1517444744_thumb.jpg

post-130616-0-00663600-1517444754_thumb.jpg

This week I finally (to the extreme detriment of my wallet due to the sentimental nature that one should generally never involve with any eBay auction) completed my set of Duofolds. The original, the fountain pen with the banner/arrow nib, was given to me by my father, who bought it when I was very young and he was at the height of his legal career. When I started law school, he dug it out of his desk and bestowed it upon me. I loved the pen, but soon found that when doing meetings/depositions/going to court, a fountain pen is (I know, I can't believe myself either) NOT always the optimal writing tool.

So, I set off to complete his set with a Rollerball and a Pencil. All of these were made within a few months of each other, and are all the reissue set with the Duofold Banner top. I stopped short of a ballpoint because: 1) That's a line I will not cross, not even to complete the full set. LIQUID INK OR DEATH! 2) The actual reason, which is that my favorite pen case is a 3-pen case.

I now have a nice, fully functional set to take with me that looks consistent and professional!

attachicon.gif P1290079.jpg

attachicon.gif P1290076.jpg

attachicon.gif P1300083.jpg

WOW Beautiful collection! Extra functional.

Here is a vintage Windsor syringe filler fountain pen that I was able to bring back to life with a #36 O-ring. The nib is pretty nice, possessing a little tooth with an otherwise smooth medium-heavy wet line.

post-7203-0-56731600-1517516600_thumb.jpg

Edited by JakobS

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

Got Kaweco Sport to try out fountain pens. Plunged right in with the Namiki Yukari Royale. The office staff could care less, but I'm the owner so the heck with them.

Jesus man you don't (bleep) around.

Taking down some quotes from the family chat with my four Wing Sung 3008 with Lamy nibs. Pelikan 4001 Blau-Schwarz, Pelikan 4001 Dunkelgrun, Diamine Matador and Diamine Kelly Green.

fpn_1517425848__img_20180105_112255-1000

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

How are you enjoying them with lamy nibs?

I've had leaks in December for roughly three weeks. The ink would pool at the tip of the nib and sometimes would drop on the page or pool while I wrote. I submerged the Lamy nib on the feed in hot water and pressed the nib onto the feed right after this hot bath. I did this roughly a dozen times for each pen that leaked.

Since the beginning of January I haven't had leaks, but I'm not risking it so I haven't removed the Lamy nibs they have on now.

Ink flow in the Diamine Matador pen can be tricky, some hard starts, sometimes dry, sometimes wet. I haven't found a logical pattern to this phenomenon.

I've had leaks in December for roughly three weeks. The ink would pool at the tip of the nib and sometimes would drop on the page or pool while I wrote. I submerged the Lamy nib on the feed in hot water and pressed the nib onto the feed right after this hot bath. I did this roughly a dozen times for each pen that leaked.

Since the beginning of January I haven't had leaks, but I'm not risking it so I haven't removed the Lamy nibs they have on now.

Ink flow in the Diamine Matador pen can be tricky, some hard starts, sometimes dry, sometimes wet. I haven't found a logical pattern to this phenomenon.

Wait, so you heat set your plastic feeds?

Edited by IndigoBOB

Wait, so you heat set your plastic feeds?

Is that the way you say it in English? I remembered science in school, about how some materials expand with high temperatures and restrict with low temperatures. And I thought I could do that with the feed and the nib.