• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• Houston

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• A Smug Dill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm so sorry. I had promised myself to share more often on what used to be my most visited post.

I'll quickly add a few images of my most used pen this past couple of weeks, the incredible value for money (and so far performance andquality too) Wing Sung 699.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_wing_sung_699_carol_ann_duffy_1.jpeg

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_wing_sung_699_carol_ann_duffy_2.jpeg

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_wing_sung_699_carol_ann_duffy_3.jpeg

We've had a lovely September here in London but I'm noticing the evenings are starting to draw in. There's a slight chill in the air as I sit here with a tea and some thoughts.

One of my favourite pens, an Aurora Archivi Storici. So light, comfy and a joy to use every single time.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_aurora_archivi_storici_send_around_book.jpeg

Edited by Tas

• 4 weeks later...

Inspired by amberleadavis' beautiful travelling art journal ( :wub: ) I've decided to create my own. Throwing my ocd for "perfection" out of the window and simply scribbling my thoughts, ideas and sticking anything pretty in it. It has been SO refreshing. The fear of producing a decent sketch or ensuring an idea has legs often stopped me from committing ink to paper. In my new journal, anything goes. The blank journal itself is nothing special. I would have laboured over its selection too, Tomoe, Stillman & Burn etc. My wife bought me a generic one as a gift and it's now being put to good use. Can't recommend this practice highly enough to anyone not already doing something similar.

So a couple of nights ago, using one of those tiny plastic pipettes, I placed a drop of Aurora Black on the paper and dribbled it down the page. It looked like a burnt matchstick so I played with making loads. In hindsight, I should have used a ruler for the unburnt part but hey, I don't care!

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_platinum_plasir_0.2mm.jpeg

Platinum Plasir - gunmetal finish with a 0.2mm Preppy nib.

Hi Tas,

great art work as always :)

A friend of mine mentioned a few years back somebody she knew who collected disformed matches, the more wonky the better. From that day on I noticed how not a single match has perfectly straight edges... there's all manner of disformaties out there, each and every one fascinating if you take the time to look.

I've yet to apply this appreciation to wonky carrots.... or are they called kinky carrots??

Hi Tas,

great art work as always :)

A friend of mine mentioned a few years back somebody she knew who collected disformed matches, the more wonky the better. From that day on I noticed how not a single match has perfectly straight edges... there's all manner of disformaties out there, each and every one fascinating if you take the time to look.

Thank you :)

Who'd have thought that I'd ever discuss the shape and uniformity of a matchstick? . . . I've just picked one up and you're dead right!

As the old adage goes - "It's not what happened that we rememeber, it's what we remember that happened".

From that day on I noticed how not a single match has perfectly straight edges... there's all manner of disformaties out there, each and every one fascinating if you take the time to look.

As with people. Nobody has perfectly symmetrical faces (without plastic surgery anyway) or the perfect ratios between the physical measurements of head, torso, arms and legs, but we just accept there's a wide range of "normal" and only take notice when a deviation from such a range really stands out. Beware the few who have trained themselves to be immediately observant of minor differences when eyeballing strangers!

There's an aspect of NLP training on exactly that. Then there are practitioners of Dr Paul Ekman's Facial Action Coding System (FACS). Cold-reading for stage 'mentalist' performance, and so on. But that's primary about identifying barely noticeable dynamic changes in a given person's appearance and behaviour, not static differences between individuals you could see from a photo, etc.

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

We've had a lovely September here in London but I'm noticing the evenings are starting to draw in. There's a slight chill in the air as I sit here with a tea and some thoughts.

One of my favourite pens, an Aurora Archivi Storici. So light, comfy and a joy to use every single time.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_aurora_archivi_storici_send_around_book.jpeg

Nice post. Im in San Diego, where the days are still sunny but the nights are coming sooner; chilly air from the Pacific.

I like the Aurora - what nib did you get? Can you describe its feel?

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Nice post. Im in San Diego, where the days are still sunny but the nights are coming sooner; chilly air from the Pacific.

I like the Aurora - what nib did you get? Can you describe its feel?

Thank you. San Diego sounds lovely at this time of year.

The Aurora, mmm :wub: . I'm unable to see any markings on it but I'm pretty sure it's a medium, although it almost writes like a fine. I'm a huge fan, easily one of my favourite pens to write with (It's not really a sketcher for some reason)

I posted a little rambling soon after I bought it here. My feelings about it aven't changed much since really. I still used almost daily and sits on the desk inches away with the best of them. I have swapped inks though. My beloved Caran d'Ache Magnetic Blue LOVES it and I love the combination. Both understated, both oozing quality if you care to take a moment and look.

Make the most of the sunny days calabria, ours have been grey grey grey for about a week :mellow: .

Edited by Tas

Oooh! Tas, I love your drawings!

There's so much talent on fpn!

Thank you.

I feel FPN teases out these talents. It creates a space where people can post freely without fear of judgement and where inspiration is only ever a scrolling page away :wub:

Thanks, Tas! :)

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

• 4 weeks later...

doing my chapter on cellular respiration with

1.) vintage urushi japanese eyedropper with a shiro semiflex nib restored by wancher - MB lavender purple to match the Seattle blackberries of fall

2.) FPR himalaya with a pelikan C100 vintage XXF nib and an ebonite feed from a broken old eversharp Pelikan 4001 black (this might be my favorite black ever now - it's damn close to noodlers dark matter) black because I just need a black color for outlines.

3.) Opus 88 picnic - TWSBI EF from a 580 - huuuuuuge improvement in appearance over the standard thin JoWo nibs in the 88's, this nib is so much wider that it looks correct. And it fits perfectly and writes perfectly. Ink is Diamine autumn oak to match the falling leaves

fpn_1573375788__20191110_004813.jpg

next chapter will have a Ranga 3C red ebonite with titanium bock EF and a pelikan M215 rings with an EF and MB - with Sailor Souten to match the last blue sky entering fall, and MB irish green to match the green still clinging on to life before winter sets in.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

All inked and in use:

- Sailor 1991L - Cross Music
- Kaweco Sport FOX - BB
- Kaweco Art Sport - M
- Sailor Mini Morita - F
- Aurora 365 Azzurra - B
- Aurora 88 Nebulosa - Stub
- Delta Dolce Vita - Stub
- Visconti Homo Sapiens - EF
- OMAS Ogiva Arco Brown - F Flex
- Opus 88 - Pilot Parallel pen 2.6

AD92-FDD0-933-E-4-B6-C-AC51-D393752-E5-A