The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using *show* Us!, 2018 + 2019 + 2020

• Please log in to reply
651 replies to this topic

#621 wspohn

wspohn

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,090 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 16:58

Normal ones can be had fro $500 and up, with some patience.

Bill Spohn
Vancouver BC
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp
Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#622 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 17:00

Yep. Was just looking at some online.  :yikes:

Are they urushi? Why are the SO pricy?

#623 wspohn

wspohn

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,090 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 17:05

They were top of the line Watermans - look at the prices on Edsons over the years (I have three different models of them, which I guess indicates that I like them better or that I am too cheap to buy a Serenite special edition?

Bill Spohn
Vancouver BC
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp
Posted Image

#624 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 17:17

They were top of the line Watermans - look at the prices on Edsons over the years (I have three different models of them, which I guess indicates that I like them better or that I am too cheap to buy a Serenite special edition?

Ah, ok. Thanks for clarification.

#625 SaintPat

SaintPat

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 14:37

https://ibb.co/mtkCFVn

Playing around with a Noodlers Ahab today. 

#626 bill88

bill88

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2020 - 19:02

20200104_100637.jpg

Nemosine Graphite Fission

#627 eerestis

eerestis

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 19:42

Pelikan 500 (KF nib) and Wahl Eversharp Doric (adjustable) which I finally reveived fully repaired.

Attached Images

• IMG_20200104_213702.jpg

#628 bill88

bill88

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2020 - 19:17

Today it is a Penbbs 469

Only one side is inked using Noodlers Forest Green

I had Red in the other side during the holidays

Attached Images

• 20200105_124750.jpg

#629 pkotrcka

pkotrcka

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2020 - 03:36

My Sailor Lecoule Pearl

20200107_034148.jpg

... I believe in purple ink

#630 bemon

bemon

Brent

• Member - Gold

• 830 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2020 - 15:19

fpn_1578583146__img_4520.jpg

#631 pkotrcka

pkotrcka

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2020 - 21:06

Since I am now in the Angels Delight club, this is what I am using today :-)

20200109_130108.jpg

... I believe in purple ink

#632 bemon

bemon

Brent

• Member - Gold

• 830 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:44

Since I am now in the Angels Delight club, this is what I am using today :-)

attachicon.gif 20200109_130108.jpg

Love the look of that nib! I've got the gold with silver accent on my Pro Gear Realo, but I think silver with gold accents looks 10 times better. 

#633 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 3,753 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:52

Love the look of that nib! I've got the gold with silver accent on my Pro Gear Realo, but I think silver with gold accents looks 10 times better. 

I agree that colour combo and distribution just looks great! I couldn't help myself (last year) but buy yet another Sailor Pro Gear in black with rhodium trim, just to secure a mainly-silver two-toned EF nib, even though I already have a number of Sailor pens in the Profit21 or Professional Gear (Classic) mold.

I just wish (against the 'health' of my bank balance) Sailor made more special edition pens in swirly or 'cracked ice' acrylics instead of clear/translucent/single-coloured acrylics.

Edited by A Smug Dill, 10 January 2020 - 01:59.

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#634 bemon

bemon

Brent

• Member - Gold

• 830 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:16

I agree that colour combo and distribution just looks great! I couldn't help myself (last year) but buy yet another Sailor Pro Gear in black with rhodium trim, just to secure a mainly-silver two-toned EF nib, even though I already have a number of Sailor pens in the Profit21 or Professional Gear (Classic) mold.

I just wish (against the 'health' of my bank balance) Sailor made more special edition pens in swirly or 'cracked ice' acrylics instead of clear/translucent/single-coloured acrylics.

I'm not a fan of sailor nibs from a writing standpoint, but the are gorgeous so I can't see myself collecting anymore. 

And at least you're spending your money and not piling up debt! It could always be worse :)

#635 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 3,753 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:35

I'm not a fan of sailor nibs from a writing standpoint,

Whereas I am, and I surprised myself that I could even tolerate a Sailor H-M nib, given my very definite preference for finer nibs. It's first among all fountain pen brands, Japanese or otherwise, in which I have total confidence in the nibs produced in-house by the manufacturer.

I'm not really inclined to acquire used pens, but if something with a long-since-discontinued Sailor Naginata togi Fine nib comes up at the right time, I might just to have to go against my heuristics for deciding what I'd buy.

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#636 bemon

bemon

Brent

• Member - Gold

• 830 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2020 - 13:20

Whereas I am, and I surprised myself that I could even tolerate a Sailor H-M nib, given my very definite preference for finer nibs. It's first among all fountain pen brands, Japanese or otherwise, in which I have total confidence in the nibs produced in-house by the manufacturer.

I'm not really inclined to acquire used pens, but if something with a long-since-discontinued Sailor Naginata togi Fine nib comes up at the right time, I might just to have to go against my heuristics for deciding what I'd buy.

I always felt the sailor nibs wee on the fine side for me. And I could deal with having a medium that leans fine. It’s the feedback I don’t like.

Keep an eye on eBay! If it’s a valuable limited edition or discontinued pen I’d think that someone would take good enough care that it would be in great condition.

#637 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,695 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:32

Ranga Model 4C

82181623_10156561921247307_1578333617229

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#638 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,695 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:34

81990872_10156561921397307_2465301547047

Another shot of the same pen 

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#639 Dr.X

Dr.X

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 19:33

The ebonite on that Ranga is gorgeous. Is it an eyedropper filler?

Nick

#640 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2020 - 00:26

I remember when they first came out ... cant believe they fetch as much as a MB Hemingway or Agatha Christie.
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

Sponsored Content

|