The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using *show* Us!, 2018 + 2019 + 2020

• Please log in to reply
642 replies to this topic

#601 pkotrcka

pkotrcka

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 22:58

My new Caran d'Ache 849 in Orange :-)

20191122_124922.jpg

... I believe in purple ink

Sponsored Content

#602 mongrelnomad

mongrelnomad

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:21

Can you see a theme?

RWM72Cz.jpg

Too many pens; too little writing.

#603 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,680 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2019 - 00:33

A frankenpen assembled from remnants of 'donor' pens that served other frankenpen projects:

fpn_1575333080__nemosine_singularity_wit

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#604 Mongoosey

Mongoosey

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2019 - 23:09

Pilot Prera -Medium inked with Heart of Darkness syringed into a pilot cartridge. 

The pen writes a little dry.  It works great with Iroshizuku inks, but I needed something permanent and HOD works perfectly with it. 

IMG_0739.JPG

Edited by Mongoosey, 06 December 2019 - 23:10.

#605 Mongoosey

Mongoosey

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2019 - 19:47

Pilot Explorer-M

IMG_0747.JPG

Not bad, not great.  I still prefer Kakuno : )

Edited by Mongoosey, 20 December 2019 - 16:16.

#606 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2019 - 20:25

Three pens today - Waterman Carene with Pilot Iroshizuku Ajisai, Lamy Studio (14K nib) with Pilot Iroshizuku Yama Dori, and Delta Horsepower with FC nib with Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku.  

fpn_1576787023__2019_12_19_3_pens_2mp.jp

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#607 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2019 - 20:41

today notes in the office taken with this lovely Ranga 8B in premium ebonite pink-blue-pale yellow

(it's surprising how the cooking of the ebonite mixes the colours, I usually consider this pen as being purple...)

premium ebonite is an odd material too, rather different from standard ebonite which feels more like wood, premium ebonite has a much smoother finish, somewhat silky...

fpn_1576787781__p1150404-3_ranga_8b_pink

#608 SoulSamurai

SoulSamurai

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2019 - 09:11

FPR Himalaya in Amethyst Purple...

PurpleHimalaya01.jpg

...frankenpen that has a green ebonite Himalaya section and a TWSBI #5 1.5mm stub nib:

PurpleHimalaya02.jpg

The green section was by request, because I prefer an ebonite section to an acrylic one (I have slippery hands apparently).  Shame FPR didn't have it in black, but I don't think the green looks too bad with the purple. The TWSBI stub is the smoothest and most reliable stub I've yet acquired, and the Himalaya's ebonite feed keeps it running in a way that the original TWSBI plastic feed couldn't. My two Himalayas are great pens: comfortable, reliable, and good looking, which makes them two of the very few pens that I keep inked. The other one has a FPR flex nib btw.

#609 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to BBBB Small Signature

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2019 - 13:03

Three pens today - Waterman Carene with Pilot Iroshizuku Ajisai, Lamy Studio (14K nib) with Pilot Iroshizuku Yama Dori, and Delta Horsepower with FC nib with Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku.  

~ DrDebG:

Very nice image!

I like how you set that up.

Thank you.

Tom K.

#610 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,016 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 December 2019 - 14:53

Sheaffer Balance Plunger Filler (restored). This is one of the few vintage pens I use, I use modern pens much more often.

Attached Images

• IMG_3040.jpg
  • IMG_3050.jpg
  • IMG_3043.jpg

#611 EBGBs

EBGBs

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:47

It doesn't get much more Christmas-y than a Moonman M2 (christmas version) inked with Herbin Rouge Hematite!

20191222-160647.jpg

Special thanks to Nicholas for gifting me this beautiful ink!

Some additional pictures of the pen and ink

20191222-160657.jpg

20191222-123724.jpg

20191222-160718.jpg

20191222-122319.jpg

#612 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 16:58

~ DrDebG:

Very nice image!

I like how you set that up.

Thank you.

Tom K.

Thank you.  I seem to like more oblique angles than straight on. 

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#613 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• 3,680 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:21

fpn_1577690419__purple_opus_88_picnic_ef

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#614 wspohn

wspohn

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,075 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2019 - 19:16

My Waterman Serenite has been getting nib time lately. Kind of a love it or hate it shape.

62cd1274-b97a-11e6-8e7b-2edd3d7ad2c4.jpg

wat12.serenite.jpg

Bill Spohn
Vancouver BC
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp
Posted Image

#615 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,169 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 02:09

Start 2020.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, KEEP INSIDE, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#616 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• 3,680 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 02:34

This piece of junk that is filling my mouth with a sour taste at the start of the year 2020, and putting Parker right back on my personal "no-buy" blacklist as well as brands to recommend against:

fpn_1577845948__parker_duofold_centennia

#617 KaB

KaB

Tsukiyonist

• Member - Gold

• 1,249 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:50

My Waterman Serenite has been getting nib time lately. Kind of a love it or hate it shape.

62cd1274-b97a-11e6-8e7b-2edd3d7ad2c4.jpg

wat12.serenite.jpg

now that's one, eh, peculiar pen. Glad you showed it, not sure whether I'm liking it yet.

fpn_kab_tsuki_yo_most_boring_212x150.gif  Current rotation: home: Lamy Al-star 1.5, GvFC Moss Green; Lamy Vista 1.1, Diamine Oxblood; Sheaffer Touchdown 0.6, Sailor Kin-Mokusei

Case: Visconti HS EF, Sailor Kin-Mokusei; Estie 2314M, R&K Alt-Goldgrün; Lamy Studio 1.1, Diamine Ochre 

#618 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• 4,983 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 11:38

now that's one, eh, peculiar pen. Glad you showed it, not sure whether I'm liking it yet.

Wait until you hold one. Only your wallet will make you put it back down. 🥰

#619 wspohn

wspohn

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,075 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 16:27

Yes, it is a bit of an acquired taste, but there is something about the shape that draws one...

I avoided the first generation, which were black and had no provisions to protect the barrel from being scratched by the clip when posting, and went for the much more attractive (to me) blue.

And if you think the basic version is expensive, look at the LEs 

4116636348_7e068dd96c_b.jpg

4104638394_b3da541413_b.jpg

Bill Spohn
Vancouver BC
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp
Posted Image

#620 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,016 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 16:49

Yes, it is a bit of an acquired taste, but there is something about the shape that draws one...

I avoided the first generation, which were black and had no provisions to protect the barrel from being scratched by the clip when posting, and went for the much more attractive (to me) blue.

And if you think the basic version is expensive, look at the LEs 

4116636348_7e068dd96c_b.jpg

4104638394_b3da541413_b.jpg

What price can I get a used Serenite for? (A normal one, not limited edition)

Sponsored Content

|