The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using *show* Us!, 2018 + 2019 + 2020

• Please log in to reply
678 replies to this topic

#381 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,841 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:02

This just came in the post:

fpn_1542196833__delike_alpha_with_maple_

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

Sponsored Content

#382 Marcwithac

Marcwithac

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 15:57

My Conid Kingsize Bulkfiller with Iroshizuku asa-gao ink.

#383 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,775 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:15

Actually, I think this one is more impressive...

7221928C-1E92-4316-BAA1-96D8E0993721.jpg

wow.. what a hand

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#384 Inky-Fingers

Inky-Fingers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2018 - 18:02

Geha Goldschwinge 725

This is the first acceptable pen of four bought on fleabay.  Bo Bo Olson will be proud.

http://www.ruettinge...schwinge-1.html

30986550607_699e5e05b0.jpg

45875923732_cb90ac7117.jpg

32054282898_f299c4779c.jpg

45925237391_68dbc7d186.jpg

Edited by _InkyFingers, 17 November 2018 - 18:03.

#385 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• 5,208 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2018 - 21:22

Geha Goldschwinge 725

This is the first acceptable pen of four bought on fleabay.  Bo Bo Olson will be proud.

:wub:

#386 TaylorJ

TaylorJ

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2018 - 15:12

Very much enjoying my Jinhao x459. It just has a good weight to it, and writes fairly nicely.

Attached Images

• 1120180931a.jpg

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. (Winston Churchill)

#387 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

• 4,841 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2018 - 20:55

Very much enjoying my Jinhao x459. It just has a good weight to it, and writes fairly nicely.

Good to hear! I have six (including the matt black one) on order and on the way to me, and then two more 'frankenpens' that are X459 bodies fitted with Zebra G nibs. Just a bunch of $4 pens with which to ink different colours for ready access to a variety for testing and doodling, but if they actually write well, then so much the better.

You've got lovely handwriting, by the way. Thanks for showing us!

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#388 sansenri

sansenri

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,126 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2018 - 21:59

Today I am using this yellow (now appropriately renamed mustard)/red Ranga 8 pen with Jowo nib M and R&K Salix

fpn_1542750497__p1140550-3_ranga_8_and_8

#389 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

• 4,841 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2018 - 07:54

Sorting through the junk in one of the many yellowed, old shoeboxes my late father hoarded, I came across this pen: fpn_1543044569__geha_722_vintage_souveni complete with crusty ink clots that have most likely been in the pen for over forty years. I have never heard of Geha until now, and have no idea which particular model of pen this is; it looks like a the body of a Geha 722 fitted with a steel nib instead of the standard 14K gold nib for that model. Even though I have no love for (i) piston-fillers, (ii) vintage pens, and (iii) promotional 'souvenir' pens with tacky inscriptions from companies I've never heard of, being a German pen instead of say a Chinese pen, I decided to have a good go at cleaning it out with many repeated flushings and long baths in a temperature-controlled ultrasonic cleaning tank.

It actually lays down a mighty fine line for a German nib, so in the absence of any nib grade markings, I'm guessing this would be an Extra Fine nib. Looking at the writing through a loupe, with flexing the line width goes from about 0.18mm out to about 0.48mm, but due to the change in 'wetness' and colour intensity, to the naked eye it looks more in the range of 3× to 4×.

The pen is very prone to hard starts, especially when leading with a horizontal stroke, if the cap is left uncapped in one's hand for so much as eight or ten seconds. It takes about an equal amount of effort to restart writing after that as it does after leaving the pen uncapped for ten minutes.

Edited by A Smug Dill, 24 November 2018 - 07:55.

#390 Mongoosey

Mongoosey

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 08:04

Put a Jowo in that and you'll turn that "fairly nicely" into a $100+ writing experience.

#391 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• 5,208 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2018 - 11:52

fpn_1543044569__geha_722_vintage_souveni

Ooo, something really "no nonesense & ake to work" about this one. Well done for putting the effort in. I hope the hard starts are ink and not pen related.

#392 TaylorJ

TaylorJ

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 November 2018 - 13:36

My pen of the day and ink of the day: TWSBI Eco with Monteverde Amethyst. Not really a color I would have tried on my own, but I like it. :) (I got it as a random sample from Goulet Pen Co.)

Attached Images

• potd_11-25-18.jpg

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. (Winston Churchill)

#393 TaylorJ

TaylorJ

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:13

Pen of the day: Jinhao x450. Ink of the day: Diamine Burgundy Royale. I'm looking forward to getting a JoWo nib for my Jinhao soon. :)

potd_11-26-18.jpg

-Taylor

#394 enrico-italy

enrico-italy

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2018 - 13:29

Hi.

Now I'm using this unknown cheap fontain pen, made in Germany. Paid 5 € on eBay including shipment.

Ink: Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue on cartridge.

It writes smooth.

Attached Images

• IMG_20181126_140425.jpg
  • IMG_20181126_142111.jpg

#395 TaylorJ

TaylorJ

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2018 - 14:28

I ran out of Diamine Burgundy Royale, so before doing my journaling today, I wound up just refilling my Jinhao with what I had left of my Ama-iro.

potd_11-27-18.jpg

-Taylor

#396 pomperopero

pomperopero

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:19

- Opus 88 - Parallel 6.0 modified.
- Leonardo - F.
- Aurora Oliva - stub.
- Delike Sport koi - Fude.

- Sailor Ocean - Music.

- Sailor mini Morita - FM

3-B6-BB409-7-F60-40-CA-9-B18-8-DE50-B19-

#397 TaylorJ

TaylorJ

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 November 2018 - 13:21

Breaking in a pen I got a week ago and have barely used...LAMY Al-Star, Graphite, F nib. Using Pilot Iroshizuku Ajisai in it. 

potd_11-28-18.jpg

-Taylor

#398 KaB

KaB

Tsukiyonist

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 November 2018 - 21:26

Breaking in a pen I got a week ago and have barely used...LAMY Al-Star, Graphite, F nib. Using Pilot Iroshizuku Ajisai in it. 

potd_11-28-18.jpg

-Taylor

Worn out mine over the past few years. Cap doesn't close secure anymore.
Si after ruining one shirt, this pen stay home on my desk.
Enjoy yours!

fpn_kab_tsuki_yo_most_boring_212x150.gif  Current rotation: home: Lamy Al-star 1.5, GvFC Moss Green; Lamy Vista 1.1, Diamine Oxblood; Sheaffer Touchdown 0.6, Sailor Kin-Mokusei

Case: Visconti HS EF, Sailor Kin-Mokusei; Estie 2314M, R&K Alt-Goldgrün; Lamy Studio 1.1, Diamine Ochre 

#399 Nyoko

Nyoko

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 November 2018 - 23:13

It's a School Pen Day!

Pelikano P460 & Diplomat (don't know the model) -- both inexpensive German-made student pens. They are very good writers, are well made, and have fun colors.  Both pens have medium steel nibs and are cartridge fillers.

Attached Images

• school1.jpg
  • school2.jpg

#400 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,278 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:00

Geha Goldschwinge 725

45875923732_cb90ac7117.jpg
32054282898_f299c4779c.jpg

45925237391_68dbc7d186.jpg

Mine (Geha 725) is resting in transit in Jenisville. I was waiting for so long for one with OB or OBB nib. Found one with OBB with sticker still on.

Khan M. Ilyas

Sponsored Content

|