Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using *show* Us!, 2018 + 2019 + 2020

RMN

This is the new 2018 version of the topic:

Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using *show* Us!

The last posts in the 2017 topic can be found here https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/316958-dont-just-tell-us-about-the-pen-youre-using-show-us-2017/page-66

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• Houston

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• A Smug Dill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got this Kaweco Brass Sport about a week ago. I use a fine nib and I also picked up a medium. I am in love. This is my first big upgrade from Lamy Al Star , but the solid brass is nice to carry around and not get damaged, I was having problems with being to rough on the Lamy pens.

fpn_1514855010__kaweco.jpg

If you want to see stuff I make... It is a little weird.

http://www.facebook.com/killernapkinsart

Its a maroon kind of day. 1990s Montblanc Bordeaux 146 with Edelstein Tanzanite ink, and Nakaya long cigar in Aka-tamenuri with Iroshizuku Asa-gao ink.

TriveniInkBall.jpg

Please forgive my total lack of photography skills. I somehow managed to destroy the plastic nib housing while swapping the nibs on this Triveni, so I removed it and replaced it with a 0.5mm inkball unit I had recently purchased from Authentic Expressions pen turning. The ink is standard Pelikan cartridges. It's working quite well so far. Don't worry, I'll be back to fountain pens soon enough...

Hi SoulSamurai!

Very nice pen I have a ball pen I need a Replacement.

Where can I get this Ball pen unite please ?

Thank you.

Hi SoulSamurai!

Very nice pen I have a ball pen I need a Replacement.

Where can I get this Ball pen unite please ?

Thank you.

I got mine from an online pen store called Authentic Expressions (who were very friendly and accommodating): http://www.go-authentic.com/shop/ink-ball-roller-adapter-0.5mm-0.7mm

You can also buy the Monteverde tool pen replacement tips (they are more expensive though): https://shop.monteverdepens.com/tool-replacement-inkball-tip.html

... which is also available on Authentic Expressions, so hey, you can buy both and see which works better: http://www.go-authentic.com/shop/tool-pen-replacement-inkball-tip

By the way, in retrospect I realise I probably committed a forum faux pas by posting an inkball in the fountain pen forum. To make up for it, here's a super-boring photo of the L65 I've been using for the last few months (just trying to use up the ink so I can switch to another pen... this thing is like the energizer bunny, it just keeps going!):

L65.JPG

I tried shooting in front of a black background to try to make the (dark) blue a bit more visible, but the result is terrible. Ugh, I just don't know how to take a photo of this thing so it doesn't just look like a black cylinder!

Is this a Minimalistica? How do you feel about how the cap sits? Every time I see a demonstrator Conid with ink in it I question my decision to get the Cappuccino. It's a beautiful pen, but there is something about watching the ink 'slosh' around.

This Conid looks like a super high end L2000. I love the looks of this pen, maybe some time.

During the afternoon, I have a handful of direct sunlight.

hj7SmRn.jpg

Pilot Kakuno <F> Pelikan 4001 "Brillant-Braun"

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

post-139516-0-26059600-1515245680.jpg

Crazy big line from my "medium" Shaeffer nib.

Much smaller line from the first "broad" nib I've ever purchased. <sigh>

Oh, I know this of myself

I assume as much for other people

We’ve listened more to life’s end gong

Than the sound of life’s sweet bells

attachicon.gif20180106_081944b.jpg

Crazy big line from my "medium" Shaeffer nib.

Much smaller line from the first "broad" nib I've ever purchased. <sigh>

fpn_1515308927__img_3542.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

There's got to be something terribly wrong with that Sheaffer. That can't be anybody's idea of medium. I think I bought a lemon.

The No Nonsense calligraphy are measured as stub/italic comparisons. I think the fine is about a 1.1mm, the medium a 1.5mm and the broad a 1.9. They are not rated I any relationship to ball nibs

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

The No Nonsense calligraphy are measured as stub/italic comparisons. I think the fine is about a 1.1mm, the medium a 1.5mm and the broad a 1.9. They are not rated I any relationship to ball nibs

Yes, I agree. My Sheaffer medium is possibly slightly broader than a 1.5. I did this comparison a while ago, and there is a mistake in that the Sheaffer calligraphy marked B in blue (broom) is actually the M nib. It's not in the No Nonsense body, but tI believe the nibs are the same sizes.

25974958471_23b496f474.jpg

Interesting. Well, it can stand in the test tube rack at the ready for the very rare times I need a calligraphy nib. Next to the Lamy Joy.

For now I've given up on trying to use up the L65 and I've switched to my latest acquisition:

Sheaffer440.jpg

Despite it's monochromatic nature this is actually a colour photo. I just have boring taste in pens.