What Pens Are You Using Today 2018

RMN

Ha.. interresting.

You may think i am exaggerating , but i keep writing with 23 of them, because i like all of them.

Many models of Parker vintage, many pilot (both japan and India) vintage models, sheaffer imperial and targa vintage models, Kaweco brass sport, vintage models of swan and black bird, and the most favorite among of all these, an unbranded fountain pen made 150 years back. The nib and clip is awesome , still a work horse.

and i keep adding more.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• inkstainedruth

• sub_bluesy

• praxim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha.. interresting.

You may think i am exaggerating , but i keep writing with 23 of them, because i like all of them.

Many models of Parker vintage, many pilot (both japan and India) vintage models, sheaffer imperial and targa vintage models, Kaweco brass sport, vintage models of swan and black bird, and the most favorite among of all these, an unbranded fountain pen made 150 years back. The nib and clip is awesome , still a work horse.

and i keep adding more.

Hey, power to you. At least once a week I get locked hard into decision paralysis and just pick my my old, faithful, Cross Century ballpoint.

and i keep adding more.

Targa and Imperial are considered "vintage"? Suddenly I feel old.

I bought a 440 new to celebrate the end of 9th grade (and received a 777 as a birthday gift prior to that), and a Targa during my college years.

These two pens. Most will recognize the make and model of the one on the right, no doubt, but how many can identify the one on the left? Not an extraordinarily hard question, just a little obscure. And of course there are many "everybody knows that" things about fountain pens which I don't know. ;)

The gray pen has a gray ink, De Atramentis Gaius Julius Caesar. The other has De Atramentis Document Blue.

43565450725_ab126260cd_b.jpg

Looks like an Esterbrook.

Currently: Sailor Pro Gear Black/Rhodium M/F with Sailor Jentle Black; Sailor Pro Gear Yellow/Rhodium M/F with Diamine Sargasso Sea; Sailor Pro Gear Slim Sky Demonstrator/Rhodium M with Sailor Jentle Blue; Sailor Pro Gear Apres Ski M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Sheaffer Touchdown Imperial VIII M with Diamine Asa Blue; Lamy AL-star Ocean Blue M with Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue; Lamy Safari Red F with Sheaffer Skrip Red for grading papers; Lamy Safari Neon Yellow F with Diamine Kelly Green; Esterbrook J Blue 9668 with Noodlers Ottoman Azure; Esterbrook J Red 9668 with Diamine Red Dragon; Esterbrook J Copper 2668 with Diamine Ancient Copper; Esterbrook J Gray 9668 with Robert Oster Stormy Seas; TWSBI Vac700R M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Noodler's Ahab Clear Demonstrator M with Diamine Midnight; Kaweco Skyline Sport M with Diamine Grey; Faber-Castell Goldfaber 1221 HB and Tombow Mono HB

"Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man." Francis Bacon, Of Studies

02-smoke-ice-on-black_2_orig.jpg

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”  Alan Greenspan

Looks like an Esterbrook.

That's right. Esterbrook M2, to be exact. A pen with a built in squeeze filler, and within a couple of years of my own age.

I like to think that if the original Esterbrook company had stayed in business, somehow, this is the kind of pen they would be producing, although maybe a C/C filler version. Plain, unpretentious, but good. But evidently the companies that have bought the legal right to use their trademark since then don't agree.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

I have been using an Esterbrook M2 in aqua with a Pelikan M205 extra fine nib. It looks a bit funny, but I have grown accustomed to it. Comfortable to use. Esterbrook did make a similar, but thinner, C/C pen, the Phaeton. I have a burgundy one with the metal cap and a squeeze filling converter. The nib appears to be gold plated.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Waterman Phileas in later green swirl with 18K EF nib from a L'etalon.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Today it was the Sheaffer Balance Oversize, F-ish nib, using vintage Skrip V-Black; and the Parker Vector, F nib (my gateway pen), with KWZI IG Light Aztec Gold.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

TWSBI Diamond 580 with a beautiful broad nib and J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor

Conklin Stylograph with a 1.1 stub and Robert Oster’s Violet Dreams

I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.

Thomas A. Edison

This fun little Kaweco Sport in gray with a medium nib and Diamine Grey...

post-115418-0-18404400-1537224491_thumb.jpeg

Currently: Sailor Pro Gear Black/Rhodium M/F with Sailor Jentle Black; Sailor Pro Gear Yellow/Rhodium M/F with Diamine Sargasso Sea; Sailor Pro Gear Slim Sky Demonstrator/Rhodium M with Sailor Jentle Blue; Sailor Pro Gear Apres Ski M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Sheaffer Touchdown Imperial VIII M with Diamine Asa Blue; Lamy AL-star Ocean Blue M with Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue; Lamy Safari Red F with Sheaffer Skrip Red for grading papers; Lamy Safari Neon Yellow F with Diamine Kelly Green; Esterbrook J Blue 9668 with Noodlers Ottoman Azure; Esterbrook J Red 9668 with Diamine Red Dragon; Esterbrook J Copper 2668 with Diamine Ancient Copper; Esterbrook J Gray 9668 with Robert Oster Stormy Seas; TWSBI Vac700R M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Noodler's Ahab Clear Demonstrator M with Diamine Midnight; Kaweco Skyline Sport M with Diamine Grey; Faber-Castell Goldfaber 1221 HB and Tombow Mono HB

"Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man." Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Today I have mostly been writing with my Conid Bulkfiller with titanium medium nib and loaded with Diamine Sepia. Very Autumnal :happyberet:

Edited by GreyPix