What Pens Are You Using Today 2018

RMN

Asa Nauka in brown/blue ebonite, 1.1 mm stub, Akkerman S.B.R.E.Brown ink

Ranga 8b in blue/black ripple ebonite, fine nib, Akkerman Royal Blue ink

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• inkstainedruth

• sub_bluesy

• praxim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used both the rose gold and ruthenium Montegrappa Cash Fortunas today. I cant tell if Im making $$ or losing it these days. Actually I can tell but Im in denial. Both are really fun pens though even if the nibs suck. Still need to work on these a little bit but theyre fun regardless. Im perpetually looking to add a Fortuna bang bang to my collection but they seem exceedingly rare for some reason.

post-138856-0-80377700-1532251199_thumb.jpeg

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

M405 w/ Noodlers BGG.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Striated Blue M405, EF nib, with Edelstein Tanzanite, till it ran out of ink. Trying to decide whether to refill or flush.

Pink TWSBI 580-AL, B nib, with diluted Lamy Vibrant Pink.

Those are the ones so far, anyway....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

In my pocket:

_ Omas Galileo (binder italifine) with Kyo No Oto Nurebairo

_ Pelikan Stresemann (Mottishaw CI (from M)) with Skrip Peacock Blue

On my desk

_ Delta Return to Pompeii (factory S) with Sailor Rikyu Cha

_ Sheaffer PFM-II grey (CI) about to be refilled with Bungbox Ink of Naotora

Best Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Just refilled my tangerine Sailor with Monteverde Motivation Orange.

I also have:

a leopard wood pen filled with I.G. Turquoise,

a Krusac coffeewood burl with Laywine's Havanna,

a yellow swirl kit pen with Visconti green,

and a Platinum 3776 Yamanaka with Noodler's El Dorado.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Dueling torpedoes!

1. Ranga 8B in blue/black ripple ebonite, FPNibs bold stub, eyedroppered with ,Waterman Serenity Blue ink.

2. Lotus Shikhar in Cumberland, FPNibs.com bold cursive italic, Akkerman SBRE Brown ink.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Pencil day today.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Sailor Pro Gear with a NMF 21K Naginata-Togi nib inked up with MB WM Shakespeare Velvet Red. This absolutely one of my favorite pens to use.

My daughter just got back from a trip to Paris! Instead of a t-shirt she brought me a beautiful Waterman Perspective Blue Obsession! So it is inked up today and I am greatly enjoying it! Using the Waterman Blue cartridge that came with it.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

A green Esterbrook J series that I just restored last night. My first restoration!

Cool! What's the nib on it?

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Cool! What's the nib on it?

2668. If I use a very light touch its super smooth. Edited by MusterMark

Recently acquired a Lamy 2000 (F) and inked it with J. Herbin Perle Noir. Absolutely loving it so far, and cant wait to try other inks in it.

Also carrying a Pilot Metropolitan (M) with Noodlers Walnut.

Parker 51 Burgundy with diluted Montblanc Lavender Purple ( to finish a fill)

PSP prototype pen, medium cursive italic, with Sailor Kobe Suma Purple

Kuretake brush pen with nylon bristles, and whatever the ink is that comes in it

Two new old pens showed starvation issues, so a sufficient disassembly, clean, and feed with new ink results in use today of a 1992 (parts may be older) MB 146 with GvFC Violet Blue, and a 1954 Pelikan 400 Schildplatt with GvFC Turquoise. The 146 in particular was setting down a pallid and fading line not at all like Violet Blue as I knew it. Now it is rich with colour from a wet nib.

X

On deck today I used a new combination... M800 re stripe with Iroshizuku Yama Budo

My daughter just got back from a trip to Paris! Instead of a t-shirt she brought me a beautiful Waterman Perspective Blue Obsession! So it is inked up today and I am greatly enjoying it! Using the Waterman Blue cartridge that came with it.

:thumbup:

It is a lovely pen and color except for the steel nib.

Mine was the Azure with CT and F nib until I loaned it for an indefinite period.

Are you hoping to get the nib tweaked? My F was smooth but nothing special.

Engineer :