• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• inkstainedruth

• sub_bluesy

• praxim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

S T Dupont Orient Express with GvFC Burnt Orange. No choice. The Onoto 3500 ran out of ink.

X

I've got a few dozen pens, but there are only a few in regular circulation for me today:

• Pilot Custom 823. I own two. I picked up one from Japan with the clear body, Fine nib. That's one of my daily users. I also have an amber body with a broad nib that was customized with an oblique grind and added flex. I rarely use it only because I've lost interest in flex. I'd very happily pick up another one of these with the oblique grind and no added flex.
  • Parker Duofold Senior "Big Red". I didn't set out to buy this pen. It was a sort of accidental contest win from another group. But I find I'm really enjoying it and using it daily.
  • Wing Sung 698. What a great value! This one is in my messenger bag most of the time, so when I need a pen away from home, I'm not going to cry if I lose this one.

EDIT: I did some more digging to ID the Parker. It's a 1926 model.

8RZAWZz.png

Edited by magnus919

Magnus | Raleigh, NC [uSA] | @Magnus919 | TerraMagnus

I've got a few dozen pens, but there are only a few in regular circulation for me today:

• Pilot Custom 823. I own two. I picked up one from Japan with the clear body, Fine nib. That's one of my daily users. I also have an amber body with a broad nib that was customized with an oblique grind and added flex. I rarely use it only because I've lost interest in flex. I'd very happily pick up another one of these with the oblique grind and no added flex.
  • Parker Duofold Senior "Big Red". I didn't set out to buy this pen. It was a sort of accidental contest win from another group. But I find I'm really enjoying it and using it daily.
  • Wing Sung 698. What a great value! This one is in my messenger bag most of the time, so when I need a pen away from home, I'm not going to cry if I lose this one.

EDIT: I did some more digging to ID the Parker. It's a 1926 model.

magnus919..if you are not using your photograph or scan re Parker 'Big Red' and instead use Tony Fischier at Parkerpens.net..

perhaps you attribute that information.

Fred

This week's griffonage utensils....

Montegrappa Desiderio, Aurora Talentum and Pelikan M805 Ocean Swirl.....all in a Visconti holder and all working lovely after a flight to Bangkok!

fpn_1524197663__todays_carry.jpg

Bullet journaling today with my Pelikan M600, green striated, with "F" nib and Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue ink. As I bullet journal I use my old and trusty Deskfax Filofax. Later, when I'll practice my Italian, I'll use my Parker 75 with the "new" nib, to give it some use. It is inked with Diamine Majestic Blue.

Sunday assortment...

41583827392_6ebd31938e_c.jpg

Left to right...

Conway Stewart 125 ink pencil

Penbbs 350

Summit S125

Parker Duofold International Mk III

Pilot Elite 95s

Sheaffer Prelude

Visconti Ragtime

Wing Sung 618

Fuliwen 16

Fuliwen 16

Penbbs 308

Penbbs 323

Penbbs 267

:)

Pilot Custom 823 Amber, medium nib, Diamine Ancient Copper

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Sunday assortment...

41583827392_6ebd31938e_c.jpg

Left to right...

Conway Stewart 125 ink pencil

Penbbs 350

Summit S125

Parker Duofold International Mk III

Pilot Elite 95s

Sheaffer Prelude

Visconti Ragtime

Wing Sung 618

Fuliwen 16

Fuliwen 16

Penbbs 308

Penbbs 323

Penbbs 267

:)

Okay, I'll bite. What is an "ink pencil"?

Love the book, by the way -- I've had a copy of it for over 30 years, because a friend of mine dragged me (not unwillingly mind) to a lecture that Mark Drogin gave someplace.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sheaffer's Balance, short standard, golden brown, fine nib. Inked with Visconti Bordeaux ink

Parker Vacumatic, Golden Pearl, wet fine nib, inked with Noodler's Old Manhattan Black ink

Moore Lever Self Filling pen, chased rubber, fine flex nib, inked with Noodler's Burgundy ink

A consumer and purveyor of words.

Co-editor and writer for Faith On Every Corner Magazine

Magazine - http://www.faithoneverycorner.com/magazine.html

Currently a Pilot Falcon SF with Iroshizuku Yama Budo. I can't really get into it. I think I'm gonna let it go.

Luckily I have my 823 M with me too!

Custom 823, VPs, Lamy 2000, TWSBI VAC700, Kaweco Liliput (bronze), Retro 51s

Iroshizuku

Blackwing Pearl, Kuru-Toga

Midori, Seven Seas, anything Tomoe River

My new today Conklin Duraflex. I like this pen! You can rip on that nib pretty good! Go from a wet euro fine to a paintbrush with no railroading. Its much better than my ahab and infinitely smoother. No complaints so far! Im glad to have it! Also worth mentioning, the nib is aligned to the text on the barrel. When capped, the clip is lined up dead nuts to the text on the barrel too. All that on a $60 pen!

Edited by sub_bluesy

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

Montblanc 264 (needs a feed clean and tine gap tune, I think)

Aurora 88K (perfect)

X