What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2018

RMN

Onoto 1822 plunge filler, needing service.

Information about this 1931-1933 pen is scant. The Onoto Book mentions its existence and has a couple of photos, one of an advertisement. The number group 18xx is otherwise used for the Mammoth and Magna pens. This pen appears fatter than the usual Onoto but is otherwise fairly plain. Nib is No 5 two tone, found also on one of my 6234 pens (another is single tone). Mammoths seem to have come with a No 4 while Magnas have a No 7. It will be interesting to see what I eventually have. That will take a few weeks, as usual.

X

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

A Conklin Duragraph Orange Nights with stub nib which arrived today. It’s my second Conklin, but the first Conklin was made in the 1910s.

I got it on eBay from SpeerBob who got it shipped fast. The color scheme of the Orange Nights is reminiscent of the Delta Dolcevita.

Posted Image

A folded ruling pen. I made one out of a pop can and its properties are intriguing but its quality leaves much to be desired. A real one should show me just how much problem is the artist and how much is the tool.

Jinhao 500 in blue marble.

Oh, I know this of myself

I assume as much for other people

We’ve listened more to life’s end gong

Than the sound of life’s sweet bells

something cheap, but I forget what. I will remember which when I open it. :happyberet: I like surprises.

Edited by TSherbs

something cheap, but I forget what. I will remember which when I open it. :happyberet: I like surprises.

I used to drink a lot too.

Oh, I know this of myself

I assume as much for other people

We’ve listened more to life’s end gong

Than the sound of life’s sweet bells

I received my Delike New Moon EF with bent nib. Pen body is light but okay but the nib was unimpressive.

I cleaned out the pen and put it back in the box. If the Long Island Pen Show has a pay-it-forward table I'll donate it there.

Should have saved the $18 and applied it towards something proven but more costly....

“We could be heroes/Just for one day” ― David Bowie

For me it's a Noodler's Boston Safety. Thought I was going to have to wait till at least the Baltimore Pen Show in a couple of weeks (and find out what the potential ETA for more would be from the Luxury Brands table). But I mentioned this in the thread about those pens yesterday, and TheNibsmith then posted that he still had a few in stock! :notworthy1:

So, hoping I will have the pen in week or two.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

And Ive just entered in the latest Ensso Kickstarter campaign of the XS Pocket Pen, so I already have pens to arrive in July of 2018.

There is no end for that “just one more pen”?

Got a killer deal on a Visconti Pininfarina Designo in red today! Ive been eyeing this one for many months but not going to bite anywhere near retail. Luckily eBay gave me a chance to pick this one up at a reasonable price for a new pen. Pretty excited about this one!

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

Got a killer deal on a Visconti Pininfarina Designo in red today! Ive been eyeing this one for many months but not going to bite anywhere near retail. Luckily eBay gave me a chance to pick this one up at a reasonable price for a new pen. Pretty excited about this one!

Congratulations. Visconti is not my thing but that looks a beautiful red for the pen.

X

Congratulations. Visconti is not my thing but that looks a beautiful red for the pen.

I can understand that. I’ve had my fair share of trials and tribulations with Visconti.

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

Just today Amazon brought me a Pelikan M400 (Medium) with classic Green stripes! My first piston filler and first "classy" pen. Can't stop playing with it!

And there is also a cheap but kinda rare-ish Jinhao 155 in gold lost somewhere in transport for about a month now - but since today delivery, that bothers me no more :-)

Against my better judgment, I've ordered Fritz-Shimpf's last Pelikan Raden Royal Gold, along with the new blue M120. I just can't resist that color.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I caved and ordered a Lamy al-star Vibrant Pink... Sort of a graduation present for myself.

Congratulations!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Everything argh. Two orders on the snail-crawl now, still the dollar 717i's and now a bunch of dip nibs. They took a week to process the nibs I ordered, then carefully shipped them to the wrong PO box. Edited by Corona688