What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2018

RMN

3 Faber-Castell Loom Piano B and M nibs. Got them for a very good price, hope that the nibs are in good condition.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

3 Faber-Castell Loom Piano B and M nibs. Got them for a very good price, hope that the nibs are in good condition.

!

Nice.

I just ordered my first from Goulet yesterday. Blue / F.

a95af57fffdfbd045bff6f985ecd905a--roller

!

Nice.

I just ordered my first from Goulet yesterday. Blue / F.

a95af57fffdfbd045bff6f985ecd905a--roller

Twin buys! : ) We can compare the F, M and B laters.

I have enough fine nibs, these will be my first two round-tipped broad nibs.

Found an unread message in my messenger inbox from a few years back when I was combing though it for another message. A lady asked if I was interested in Parker 51s and well... of course I was and she still had the pen! :D

Going by the pictures I netted a minty burgundy Mark I Parker 51 Aerometric with a gold filled cap and what seems to be an EF or F octanium nib. And an equally nice minty Parker 51 clamshell box for two pens. All in all not bad for 40€ plus S&H. Should arrive by the end of the week. :)

28065011759_e063a80ff6_b.jpg20180122_135011 by Brad Merrill, on Flickr

Second from right. 1st Quarter 1948 51 Demi Vacumatic, Cordovan Brown. The 45 next to it is a Burgundy.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I went a little crazy with the sale at La Couronne du Comte and am now waiting for the following:

Pelikan M205 Aquamarine special edition with Edelstein ink - broad

TWSBI Vac 700 Sapphire - medium

Lamy Safari Dark Lilac - broad

Edison Pearlette Sonoran Sunset - broad

The last one wasnt on sale but Ive been eyeing up the Edisons for a while and I love the colour of this one. I may treat myself to a Nouveau Premiere from Goulet Pens soon, but Im a little unsure how much that would cost to import to the UK...

I have a lot of F and EF and quite a few medium nibs, but only two broads, so decided to expand my broads a little bit.

I also ordered the Levenger True Writer Cafe Au Lait (medium) from eBay for £45 (including shipping from the USA) and Im waiting for a mystery pen from eBay that I just liked the design of, but have no idea who made it. All I know is that it has a feather symbol on the nib...

Considering I only bought my first fountain pen about three months ago, I appear to be accumulating them at an alarming rate. I would love to get a Visconti Van Gogh soon, but have decided to wait until I complete my Italian course in July...

Here is the pen mentioned earlier, a burgundy Parker 51 Aerometric (Mk I) that was made in England.

It has a 14k F-nib a bit on the wide side and a 1/10 rolled gold cap. Datecode is •6 so 1st quarter of 1956?

Anyway, it came in a nice clam shell box. The pen is in great shape (99%) with no brassing and only slight signs of use, a minor scuff here and there that a light polish will spell away.

The best part? I washed it, gave it a gentle once over and filled it with ink. It wrote right away leaving a thin but juicy line on the paper. So really not bad at all for a pen that is 60+ years old. Gotta love them Aerometrics 1f495.png1f496.png1f495.png

That ups the Parker 51s I have to six Aerometrics, one Vacumatic and one Demi. This one goes to my fiancée if she approves of the nib width and how it feels (the color etc. was already given a thumbs up). ;)

27336370_10156401267209063_3006451641727

26907654_10156401267184063_7970734110369

26991947_10156401267194063_5274472211744

26993648_10156401267199063_8084289461116

26994086_10156401267324063_2742438379089

The pen and a badger (?) skull I got some 20 or so years back...

I'm waiting on an Onoto Doctor's Pen with an 18K oblique fine nib from Vanness and a Montblanc Blue Hour LeGrand with an oblique medium nib from LCdC. Also a Conway Stewart from Bespoke British Pens, a No. 100 in Cherry Red with an OF nib.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

First pen of the year, a Kaweco Sport demonstrator, F nib, and a gold clip for it. Almost made it to February without buying a pen.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Boar 388 - The sonnet clone (I had to return 2 real sonnets as they were garbage, but I've always lusted after the sonnet so if the clone is better I'll be laughing all the way to the bank)

Boar 801 - Black Aurora

Junhao 911 - Steel

Wing Sung 3001

Jinhao X250

Jinhao 1200

Luo Shi - Orange

Bit of fun really. If any of these are any good I'll be amazed!

Edited by JayKay3000

Well, I just got word that a grey Pilot Decimo EF has made it to the person who's going to sell it to me. So hopefully in a week or two it will be in my mailbox. :bunny01: :bunny01:

Now of course I've got to figure out what my husband has done with the Vanishing Point with the F nib. :headsmack: Because of course this whole process was to see if he liked an EF nib better. And given the price of replacement nib assemblies, it seemed more cost effective in the long run to get myself a Decimo and then swap the nibs out (because I know that a Japanese EF will probably drive me up a wall -- the F nib on the VP is okay for me, but the pen itself was a bit too heavy, whereas a Decimo is a much better size.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Faber-Castell Loom due to arrive on monday, will share pictures of that lovely B nib with you guys as soon as it's in my hands!

Wing Sung 698 transparent with silver trim to see what all the fuss is about with them.

Edited by Danno44

Wing Sung 698 transparent with silver trim to see what all the fuss is about with them.

Do you have a Pilot nib to put in the pen? Because the 698's build quality is outstanding, but the nib isn't. It's good, but Pilot's better.

Do you have a Pilot nib to put in the pen? Because the 698's build quality is outstanding, but the nib isn't. It's good, but Pilot's better.

Thank you for the information. Appears I will be looking to buy some inexpensive pilot pens to swap nibs. I have a fine and med Metropolitan, I use and like both, but the med is much smoother for me.

Thank you for the information. Appears I will be looking to buy some inexpensive pilot pens to swap nibs. I have a fine and med Metropolitan, I use and like both, but the med is much smoother for me.

Make sure to try the actual Wing Sung, since many love its nib. I just came to dislike the Kakuno's grip a bit, so I swapped the nib without a second thought.

Edited by RoyalBlueNotebooks

I like the way the wing sung 698 nibs write, but I prefer the Pilot nibs if it's a good one. I think you'll like it a lot.

The 698 is a solid and reliable pen. I like how it has an inner cap to keep the nib from drying out, and the overall build follows that seem of providing a reliable writer for the price.