What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2018

RMN

A Nagasawa Stationery Centre store exclusive ('Proske') edition of a Sailor Profit Standard demonstrator with a Zoom nib:

prosuke-1.jpg

and a bunch of cheap Pilot, Platinum and Sailor desk pens to compare against one another and with which to do ink reviews eventually.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

I have one just like this--you'll love it.

I hope so! Thanks!

Currently: Sailor Pro Gear Black/Rhodium M/F with Sailor Jentle Black; Sailor Pro Gear Yellow/Rhodium M/F with Diamine Sargasso Sea; Sailor Pro Gear Slim Sky Demonstrator/Rhodium M with Sailor Jentle Blue; Sailor Pro Gear Apres Ski M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Sheaffer Touchdown Imperial VIII M with Diamine Asa Blue; Lamy AL-star Ocean Blue M with Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue; Lamy Safari Red F with Sheaffer Skrip Red for grading papers; Lamy Safari Neon Yellow F with Diamine Kelly Green; Esterbrook J Blue 9668 with Noodlers Ottoman Azure; Esterbrook J Red 9668 with Diamine Red Dragon; Esterbrook J Copper 2668 with Diamine Ancient Copper; Esterbrook J Gray 9668 with Robert Oster Stormy Seas; TWSBI Vac700R M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Noodler's Ahab Clear Demonstrator M with Diamine Midnight; Kaweco Skyline Sport M with Diamine Grey; Faber-Castell Goldfaber 1221 HB and Tombow Mono HB

"Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man." Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Platinum 3776 Nice Lilas

Visconti Pink Rembrandt

Nemosine Singularity Magenta Demonstrator

Birmingham Pen Company Model-A Clear Demonstrator 1.0

I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.

Thomas A. Edison

Waiting for - Visconti Ocean Breeze Rose Gold (f). Diplomat Aero Blue (broad). Diplomat Aero Orange (m). And a Caran d'Ache 849 ballpoint in Brut Rose.

Purchased in Ireland today - Caran d'Ache fixpencil black 3mm. Copper, Gold, and Silver 1917 Leuchtturm notebooks. Graf von Faber-Castell Olive Green ink bottle.

It was a great pen day today.

Edited by 888007888

Sheaffer Sentinel FP/pencil set in Periwinkle, with Periwinkle section and chalk marks intact.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Hi,

I like buying Mabie Todd Swan pens in decent condition to bring them back to live.

Today I bought this 6241 (?) made in the late 1940s with damaged cap and hopefully interesting nib:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Swan-Mabie-Todd-Fueller-14ct-Feder-Pfeil-fehlt-/113245039126

Poor condition, description and bad photos... but it will be fun (hopefully).

Best

Jens

.....................................................................................................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136145166@N02/albums

none

cuz I just received my third Plaisir all the way from Japan (50% less bought from the Rising Sun)

took a month to arrive, though

but waiting is a form of saving (for me)

Edited by TSherbs

but waiting is a form of saving (for me)

It's the opposite for me. Sometimes, seeing what I already have in my collection (of whatever) gives me pause when contemplating new purchases. However, until I've actually received the goods and have had to find somewhere to house them, it doesn't feel real or satisfying, so I often just keep ordering more stuff while I'm waiting for earlier orders to arrive from overseas.

Having orders unilaterally cancelled by sellers because they cannot (or decline to) fulfil an order is a form of saving for me. A seller on Rakuten Global Market has already twice cancelled my orders for a Sailor Kabaziuku fountain pen on me:

http://www.sailor.co.jp/images/bungu/10-3013/headimg.jpg

including once yesterday. At this rate, I may just have to order from nibs.com or some such; it's more expensive, but at least then I won't be limited to (no choice but) a Medium nib.

In the meantime, I'm still waiting for the Sailor Proske, as well as a Pilot Elite 95S, and a bunch of Pilot and Sailor desk pens with EF nibs. Oh, and three different Fude nib pens.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

It's the opposite for me. Sometimes, seeing what I already have in my collection (of whatever) gives me pause when contemplating new purchases. However, until I've actually received the goods and have had to find somewhere to house them, it doesn't feel real or satisfying, so I often just keep ordering more stuff while I'm waiting for earlier orders to arrive from overseas...

We all respond to the itch in different ways. I have a bit of Puritanical repression in me. I'm not always the most fun.

Parker 51 Aero NOS Burgundy (hopefully Plum?) 12k GF Cap from Argentina (eBay).

Parker 51 Aero boxed set 14k GF Caps (Color possibilities range from Forest Green to Cedar Blue) also from eBay.

Parker Duofold UK Blue Aerometric Senior #25 nib from Etsy.

My first Sailor pen, a medium-sized 1911, with a medium nib, will be here Monday! Hopefully. Japanese price but it was already here and ready for shipment via Amazon Prime (last one). My only gold nibbed pens are two Platinum 3776 pens, fine and medium, so I am curious to see how another gold nib feels. I know from experince that steel nibs can be tuned to a degree of surprising excellence, and I have several of these which I enjoy (new and vintage) but gold nibs have always made me curious. So pretty exciting for me, and something I've been looking forward to for over two years.

This is the first time I have spent over $100 on a pen (each of the 3776s cost about $78 on sale). I am glad Pilot has some gold nib models under $100 for my next purchase, as I don't plan on making this >$100 a habit. Inks are expensive enough, if one tries an interesting variety, and the slender royalties realized on academic books simply cannot justify the cost of pen and ink (sadly)! But, on the other hand, there are pens such as my TWSBI Ecos which I enjoy every day, along with my beloved restored Esties, and I hope I will never outgrow that pleasure. Still, I can't wait for Monday!

Brian

Wing Sung 618 demonstrator

Wing Sung 610 in dark red (no ink windows)

Wing Sung 3001A clear white

Pelikan M200 EF nib (giving Pelikan one last chance after the gold coating on my F nib started to peel)

Guess I really have been splurging a bit lately :blush:

My first Sailor pen, a medium-sized 1911, with a medium nib, will be here Monday! Hopefully. Japanese price but it was already here and ready for shipment via Amazon Prime (last one). My only gold nibbed pens are two Platinum 3776 pens, fine and medium, so I am curious to see how another gold nib feels. I know from experince that steel nibs can be tuned to a degree of surprising excellence, and I have several of these which I enjoy (new and vintage) but gold nibs have always made me curious. So pretty exciting for me, and something I've been looking forward to for over two years.

This is the first time I have spent over $100 on a pen (each of the 3776s cost about $78 on sale). I am glad Pilot has some gold nib models under $100 for my next purchase, as I don't plan on making this >$100 a habit. Inks are expensive enough, if one tries an interesting variety, and the slender royalties realized on academic books simply cannot justify the cost of pen and ink (sadly)! But, on the other hand, there are pens such as my TWSBI Ecos which I enjoy every day, along with my beloved restored Esties, and I hope I will never outgrow that pleasure. Still, I can't wait for Monday!

I'd love to hear how you like this pen. I feel exactly the same about expenditures, and my Custom 74 is my best nib right now (SFM). But I am open to other possibilities in this low-end range for gold nibs.

Parker 51 Aero NOS Burgundy (hopefully Plum?) 12k GF Cap from Argentina (eBay).

Parker 51 Aero boxed set 14k GF Caps (Color possibilities range from Forest Green to Cedar Blue) also from eBay.

Parker Duofold UK Blue Aerometric Senior #25 nib from Etsy.

A UK Duofold with #25 nib is a standard Dufold and not a Senior. The Senior has #35 nib.

Khan M. Ilyas

FC Model 45 Long

TWSBI Eco

I just ordered the 45L as well. I used to have a 45 XLV. I sold it when I got down on eyedropper fill pens. The 45L being lengthened to the little bit needed for a converter will be much better. I still might eyedropper it like I did the smaller one, but having the option will be better. The 45L is no longer then the pocket 66, which do it the shape also can not use a converter.

Ordered mine in Solid Ice.

45l-solid-ice_orig.jpg

The recently released TWSBI blue Eco.

I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.

Thomas A. Edison