What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2018

RMN

A Pilot Custom 823 Amber Demonstrator, with broad nib. My Nakaya desk pen continues on back order, so I was feeling even greater temptation than usual.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

Put in for a Montegrappa Liberty in Lapis celluloid today. I originally wanted this pen in green malachite celluloid as is my Extra Otto but the Lapis material looks very nice in pictures. The malachite was sold out but I ordered the Lapis anyway. I cant believe how cheap I got the pen for through massdrop! Just the nib would cost as much by itself! Someone really lost their shirt on 70+ pens. I dont have this colorful of a pen in my collection really so it should be a fun addition. I like the Greek keyed 18kt Montegrappa nibs also. I think theyre some of their best overall writers in both #5 and #6. I picked up a broad nib and I do believe the run was limited to 50 numbered pens per color, so Ive read. Absolutely incredible deal!

post-138856-0-13881000-1531808351_thumb.jpeg

Edited by sub_bluesy

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

Still waiting for the Delike Alpha in one of the resin finishes (some tortoise finish). On a no buy for now (let's see how long that will last...).

2 S.T. Dupont Olympio's....one in black and gold and one palladium....I need to master the eBay make an offer better :)

Getting my older OMAS Paragon back. Its gushing nature was toned down. It's writes beautifully. It just poured ink. Expecting a Pilot 823, with broad nib. It's coming from Japan so will be another 10 days.

Custom ordered an Arizona Jade hand made pen from Jon David Jones of Signature Pen Co. today. I've been itching for a gold trim pen made of Arizona Jade for a while now and I really like the Abalone pen he made for me previously.

Broke down and ordered a Leonardo Momento Zero Abyss with a fine nib from Fontoplumo. They have a nice video review of this pen on YouTube:

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

After about a year of looking, I picked up a Montegrappa Fortuna Bang Bang. Ended up making an offer through EBay from a seller in Berlin. Its a fair deal. I think the pen is all metal or so it seams. Im pretty excited about it! The pistol on the clip is a Beretta PX4 Storm it appears. While I dont have one, my Dad does so thats interesting. Really looking forward to this one!

post-138856-0-60357900-1532330666_thumb.jpeg

A Pelikan Cafe Creme that will ship from Japan. I found it for sale at pencils.jp (low stock).

Posted Image

Sailor Standard 1911 w/M nib, also a Pilot Custom 912 w/ SFM nib, and lastly a Sailor 1911 w/N Togi medium fine nib

Just ordered a Visconti Medici midi. I already have the maxi size Homo Sapiens and wanted something smaller to go with it. This is also a c/c converter pen so it's no problem checking ink levels and makes servicing easier then the captured converter models or power fillers. That could be important if Visconti can't last the test of time with out Dante.

visconti-medici-midi-fountain-pen-acrosi

Still waiting on the Pelikan Pelikano (2015 version). It's been two weeks now. The seller shipped almost 5 days after payment. I wonder what I'll receive and in what condition...

After all these unpredictable (and disappointing) cheapies of the last couple of months, I can't wait for a solid, reliable nib to write with.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Well I went on Amazon to order some vise-grips so I can fix the coffee table. For some reason vise-grips are an "add-on" item, so I had to buy $10 more of stuff to get them to ship me my clamps. I thought maybe a cake of violin rosin - I have most kinds in my collection, but I thought maybe I could find a $10 one that I haven't tried. But wait! If I do that, the vise-grips won't get here until Friday, when I become too busy to fix the table for weeks. If I add *another* $10, I can get them tomorrow (which is today now, actually). So I typed "fountain pens" into the Prime "get it tomorrow" search.

My new Waterman Hemisphere will be here this afternoon.

It was on sale.

I definitely have the sickness.

- N

Anxiously awaiting a Nakaya Neo-Standard in Aka-Tamenuri with a two tone BB stub and polished silver goldfish stopper. I lived in Asia for two years and loved the tranquility of the koi fish in the gardens there and am an avid aquarist. Although there is a koi fish stopper available, I love the goldfish one even more. I promise to give a review of it when it arrives in another 4-6 months.

Edited by DaveyWonder