• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

does it ever happen to you that you know you have a pen (or more) coming in the mail but just now you cannot figure out which?

Not sure if I already posted this but a Montegrappa Fortuna Blue Blazer in broad coming in any day now. Im super excited about that finish! It looks freakin amazing in pictures! Also I think this Fortuna has a JoWo nib instead of a Bock. Im really confused because all other Bock nibs Ive had have been great except for all of the many Fortuna pens I have. My only JoWo nib bought aftermarket was really scratchy. Anything could happen with this new Fortuna nib sounds like!

That finish is gorgeous, I saw a video about how they achieve that. Amazing stuff.

To sansenri: That's why now I keep a notepad file with the list of all my incoming parcels! ;)

Edited by RoyalBlueNotebooks

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Lamy Studio in black for $25 new :D , it's lucky I don't mind the shiny slippery sections on these. Still waiting for my M205 in blue bought last year though -_- . Callifolio Équinoxe 6 was left orphaned!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

does it ever happen to you that you know you have a pen (or more) coming in the mail but just now you cannot figure out which?

Why yes, yes it does!

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I can't seem to stop buying new pens. I've got a Parker 15 coming as well as a Nemosine Singularity Demonstrator and a LAMY Al-Star in Vibrant Pink. I think I may have to take a break soon and focus on finding the perfect inks. On that note, I've got a whole bunch of ink samples on the way as well...

All the time! :)

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

No. However many are on the way (three currently, hardly ever more than six) I know what I bought, what it cost, and what is the tracking number and / or expected arrival date, after which I will be making enquiries.

X

Parker Vacumatic Lockdown Slender in Silver Pearl, marked 1937. This goes with the Standard and the Oversize that I have and I might conclude that I have enough of these lovely things..

Goldspot just coughed up a Wedgwood blue FP out of production. I had this pen on my eBay watch list for like a year now. I have some inexplicable interest in jasperware that I cant explain. Long story short, Pen in the mail. Pics lifted from a previous FPN post from a couple years ago.

That Wedgwood pen is beautiful!

Edited by Sinistral1

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

​^^ sub_bluesy - That's certainly an interesting pen. Grats on finally getting one after waiting so long. Is it actually made from porcelain or is it plastic? Either way, it's quite striking.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

[rolls eyes and looks sheepishly away] Of course not...no...never...not me!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Parker Vacumatic Lockdown Slender in Silver Pearl, marked 1937. This goes with the Standard and the Oversize that I have and I might conclude that I have enough of these lovely things..

I hope you will post a photo or two when this Parker arrives! (Your conclusion sounds logical but... fountain pens are so illogical)

Moderation in everything, including moderation.

--Mark Twain

That Wedgwood pen is beautiful!

Cheers! It is a very nice looking pen!

​^^ sub_bluesy - That's certainly an interesting pen. Grats on finally getting one after waiting so long. Is it actually made from porcelain or is it plastic? Either way, it's quite striking.

I’m about 99% it’s made of resin but specifically cast to resemble Jasperware. Waterford commissioned the pen so I really hope they got it right. In any event, an effort was made to make it look like the original material. I’ll be sure to post an update this week when the pen comes in.

Just got confirmed dispatch of Pelikan M120 Iconic Blue in fine :-) So will probably spend few next days glued to DHL tracking screen, hitting F5 furiously :D

Received one pen Out of 7 pens I am waiting for this month.

That is a Chinese/German Duke P06 Coloured Painting FP medium nib .5mm chrome plated Nib writes well after few tuning to my taste.

It is the pen in the middle on the box. I am more excited to get a Jinhao Sea shell pen and a Sailor with a Music nib.

post-140101-0-11810800-1521762292_thumb.jpg