• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

I am waiting for a Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog in Fine, it should arrive in a couple of days, and a Vinconti Homo Sapiens Florentine Hills in Extra Fine will arrive somewhere around late March, I can't wait!

I just ordered a Visconti Homo Sapiens Midi Bronze Age (fine) from Goulet Pens. Now the wait...

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

The LX came this afternoon (I got a bit nervous on Sunday when USPS tracking said it was at the facility on the other side of city from me, because I've gotten mail countless times for the person who has the same street name and house number -- just for a different town and zip code... :angry:; fortunately, though it got to the correct post office by this morning, and was out for delivery shortly after 9 AM. Nib/feed and section assembly have been flushed out (and I didn't misplace the cartridge :rolleyes:), so all should be good to go, and I'll pick up a converter for it this weekend, hopefully. I think I made the right choice in going for the "Ruthenium" color (I had done a side by side with pix of a grey al-Star and the Charcoal Safari).

For someone who doesn't nearly enough blue pens, I must say that every pen I've acquired in 2018 so far has been either grey (the LX and the Pilot Decimo) or black (the Noodler's Boston Safety). :huh:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Montblanc 144. No run on.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

TWSBI 580 Clear Fine. Been wanting this pen for quite some time.

Tried out the Wing Sung 3008 and it made me want the real deal. Plus it can swap #5's in and I got a few of that...

Very excited :) :D :lol:

Just put in for a rose gold guillouche and blue ebonite 5280 Opera. This pen has been haunting me for a couple months now and I couldnt take it anymore. Its just too sexy. The nib is a regular old steel Schmidt in medium but these are always good nibs in my experience. Actually it might be a Jowo based on the engraving after further examination. Either way, Im ok with it. This one looks to be stamped with the 5280 logo and is plated in rose gold so thats a little bespoke. I just couldnt get this pen out of my head! That seems to happen now and then. Looks like Im getting a Monteverde Aldo BP as a freebie as well!

Edited by sub_bluesy

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

I ordered a Lamy Safari and a Pilot Metropolitan today. Wanting to try a few inexpensive pens that I can keep at work and not worry about them walking away.

Both in medium nib. Curious to see which one Ill like more.

That's pretty much exactly what I did when starting.

The nib on the Metro is extremely smooth - it's like writing on lubricated ball bearings. The Lamy M nib (on the two that I own) gives a subtle pencil-like feedback, which I like.

You MUST flush the Lamy immediately! They often come with testing ink left in the feed. If it's crusty, it will be an unpleasant writing experience.

If you get tired of the metro finish, you can sand it down to the raw brass for a completely different (and very cool) look ;)

You MUST flush the Lamy immediately! They often come with testing ink left in the feed. If it's crusty, it will be an unpleasant writing experience.

I didn't remember that from when I got my Safari. But it certainly was the case when I opened up the package containing my LX when it came yesterday afternoon. I was frantically double checking to make sure that it wasn't coming from the included cartridge....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I didn't remember that from when I got my Safari. But it certainly was the case when I opened up the package containing my LX when it came yesterday afternoon. I was frantically double checking to make sure that it wasn't coming from the included cartridge....

I got it when I bought my Al-Star.

Btw, finally jumped on the Wing Sung 601. In a couple of months it should be at my doorstep.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Yet another Parker 45.

I'm anticipating this one quite a lot nevertheless, because I've finally managed to get the exact type of P45 Flighter I've always wanted - the mid-70s version with chrome tail cap, chrome trim, made in England, and with a nice Newhaven medium nib.

Waiting for another Onoto 6234, needing overhaul. One can not pay too much for a project for resale, so in this event I set my snipe limit just $7 over the starting price. I was fortunate (or not) that the only other bidder, who was also a sniper, chose to set their limit just a dollar lower.

X

A Parker slimfold from e-bay for less that £10 including postage. I intend it to be a gift for a colleague who likes fountain pens. He's got two Chinese knock-offs with steel nibs, so I got him this so he can have the gold nib experience.

He liked the Cross Century 2 I have, and the Slimfold is similar in girth. I hope to get it cleaned up.

I'm waiting on an Aurora 88p and a Franklin Christoph Model 19 "1901" in smoke cinnamaroon with a HPS medium stub nib.

I prefer gold but I decided to try out my first stub nib on the 1901 with steel to essentially pay less for a trial. Not the smartest idea I've ever had, as FC make their pens in limited batches and I could have simply tried out a stub on a Pilot Plumix. Oh well, I wanted something different and high quality which is what I'm going to get. I'm going to make sure to try out a cursive italic nib on something next time I feel like being adventurous.

That's pretty much exactly what I did when starting.

The nib on the Metro is extremely smooth - it's like writing on lubricated ball bearings. The Lamy M nib (on the two that I own) gives a subtle pencil-like feedback, which I like.

If you get tired of the metro finish, you can sand it down to the raw brass for a completely different (and very cool) look ;)

Thanks! Just opened these up a few hours ago. Although these are not my first fountain pens. I have a couple of Montblanc FP's already. I just wanted some that I could keep at work without fear of loss.

But so far you are right. The Metro is super smooth and the M nib lays down a nice line. Would like to try a fine as well and I will be ordering a F nib Safari when the black is available. The Safari also writes very well.

As far as flushing the Lamy...too late. I was excited to open them up at work, and just screwed down the included cartridge and it started right up...I will flush them all out once I decide to fill them up at home.

I don't mind the Safari section as it fits my grip fine, but early testing is leaning toward the metro being more comfortable to write with.

Well, my red Parker 61 arrived yesterday amid all the snow chaos over here in Scotland and all seems well with it. I've started to flush out the capillary filler and am writing with a mix of water and the ink that was in the filler when it came.

In the meantime, and quite unintended as I was aiming at getting another "51", I somehow find myself now waiting for the arrival of a Parker 61 Insignia (1/10 12K rolled gold cap and barrel).

"If you want to succeed in the world, you don't have to be much cleverer than other people. You just have to be one day earlier." -- Leo Szilard

I'm waiting for my first gold nibbed japanese pen: a Platinum 3776 in Chartres blue.

If you really must know... my first japanese pen was a Platinum Preppy. The second was a Pilot Metropolitan. ;)