• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

Everything argh. Two orders on the snail-crawl now, still the dollar 717i's and now a bunch of dip nibs. They took a week to process the nibs I ordered, then carefully shipped them to the wrong PO box.

Be patient. The pen gods always have a purpose.

Can't find a Duraflex anywhere. Anyone know where some are still available?

It was a Gouletpens launch exclusive and they sold out in less then 3hrs. They will be getting their final shipment late next month and you can sign up to be notified via email when its available again.

Someone had a Duraflex at the Steel City Nibs meeting on Wednesday, but I don't remember if I got to try it. There was a lot of discussion as to whether Conklin will come out with more of the nibs.

As for me, I'm still waiting on the Boston Safety (should be arriving soon). And I've added a Lamy LX in Ruthenium, with a medium nib (that's the only nib size left for the LX pens at Lamy USA). And if I decide I don't like it? It won't break the bank -- I paid 70% of MSRP -- which came to less than the cost of a Safari....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

post-8917-0-94063100-1519436661_thumb.jpg

Sometimes you don't KNOW you are waiting for something in the mail. One of my penpals sent a very vintage Sheaffer he restored as a little surprise. I haven't read the details in the letter yet; I just skimmed it enough to figure out what was in that mailing tube before I opened it.

Sharon in Indiana

Edited by sharonspens

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

I ordered a Lamy Safari and a Pilot Metropolitan today. Wanting to try a few inexpensive pens that I can keep at work and not worry about them walking away.

Both in medium nib. Curious to see which one Ill like more.

Edited by Jagamov

I ordered a Lamy Safari and a Pilot Metropolitan today. Wanting to try a few inexpensive pens that I can keep at work and not worry about them walking away.

Both are very good, in different ways. You'll probably have one clear favorite. (I did.) Enjoy!

“We could be heroes/Just for one day” ― David Bowie

Yah, those two Mediums are two very different sizes.

The Metro M is wonderful. I love it for EDC.

My go to personal favorite right now is my Black Lamy Safari with a Black Medium nib with Noodler's Air Corp Blue Black. That Lamy M is one of the most enjoyable nibs I have.

My Kaweco steel sport in BB shipped recently. Looking forward to that pen! I’m thinking of torching it to make a Fireblue version as seen on the Liliput. I really enjoy that finish but it’s not offered on the steel sport.

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

It will be a toss up. I like both (although my Safari is an F, I've got an LX coming in the mail that will have an M, just to compare).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstaineruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

It will be a toss up. I like both (although my Safari is an F, I've got an LX coming in the mail that will have an M, just to compare).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstaineruth

Yeah, I’m excited to get them. I would like to try the fine nib in the Safari so I’ll be curious to see how you compare the 2 when your LX comes in.

My wonderful husband just ordered a Kaweco Liliput, fire blue for my birthday. can't wait! Also some Tombow paper, pen holder and ink. Wahoo!

My wonderful husband just ordered a Kaweco Liliput, fire blue for my birthday. can't wait! Also some Tombow paper, pen holder and ink. Wahoo!

OOOH.... Let us know when you get it how you like it. Because the Fire Blue is GORGEOUS (I'd like one but the price of one compared to the other Lilliput colors is, um, off-putting... :o).

MY husband has come out and said he'll never buy me a pen on the grounds he is afraid of buying the "wrong" one. :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

A jet black Pilot Stella 90s and a couple of Jinhaos (X750 and X450 in red ice).

Edited by twin63

VP in matte blue, medium.

First gold nib. I would not have ordered it except for the fact that I got a $150 gift certificate to Goulet for my birthday :yikes:

Hi to all,

Well im waiting for 2 pens and several ink samples

Im waiting for a TWSBI ECO black EF and 10 ink samples (1 eight randon package and 2 i chose) and this is from GPC and still in transit from USA to Mexico.

The other pen i just bought its a Charcoal in Fine with a Z24 converter

I'm impatiently awaiting a red Parker 61 with the capillary filler and a fine nib.

In the meantime I'm searching out all the posts here about the flushing and care of the capillary filler.

Best

James

"If you want to succeed in the world, you don't have to be much cleverer than other people. You just have to be one day earlier." -- Leo Szilard