What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2018

RMN

Much to my pleasant surprise, this arrived in time for Christmas. My local Post Office did not get around to scanning and depositing the parcels by 3PM, and so I wasn't notified, but when I showed up to give them a box of choccies and wish them a Merry Christmas, one of them rushed into the back office to check because he thought he saw something with my name on it earlier.

fpn_1545645468__this_made_it_in_time_for

(Actually, it was this parcel and another small packet; the latter contains the plastic screws I've been waiting on, with which to replace the metal screws in the caps of my Wing Sung 3008 and Delike New Moon 3 pens.)

<EDIT>

Oops, I just noticed I left out the Nemosine Singularity demonstrator that was also in the parcel, which I bought to rightly join the ranks of the sub-$15 kick-around pens in my pen cups dominated by Wing Sung and Jinhao.

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

My last purchase of the year is on its way: a mint Parker 45 Custom M in red with the original box, papers, and most importantly a soft 14k nib made in the England. This is the first vintage pen I've bought that still has the chalk marks on it.

That sounds awesome! I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see some pics when it arrives :lol:

That sounds awesome! I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see some pics when it arrives :lol:

Just shipped from Serbia so it'll probably be a couple weeks until it arrives in the sticks of China. Will definitely post some pics once it arrives!

It's the first time I've found any chalk-marked Parker that I could actually afford, so I'm really excited.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Much to my pleasant surprise, this arrived in time for Christmas. My local Post Office did not get around to scanning and depositing the parcels by 3PM, and so I wasn't notified, but when I showed up to give them a box of choccies and wish them a Merry Christmas, one of them rushed into the back office to check because he thought he saw something with my name on it earlier.

fpn_1545645468__this_made_it_in_time_for

(Actually, it was this parcel and another small packet; the latter contains the plastic screws I've been waiting on, with which to replace the metal screws in the caps of my Wing Sung 3008 and Delike New Moon 3 pens.)

<EDIT>

Oops, I just noticed I left out the Nemosine Singularity demonstrator that was also in the parcel, which I bought to rightly join the ranks of the sub-$15 kick-around pens in my pen cups dominated by Wing Sung and Jinhao.

Nice looking pen! Is that a Decimo or a full size Vanishing Point? (I ask because it seems to be about the same color as the Decimo I got to order for myself for Christmas -- but of course that pen came the week after Thanksgiving, and I've been using it since then ;)).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

It's a classic Pilot Vanishing Point in blue matte. Not what I'd originally ordered, although I'd have been happy with it but I was unwilling to pay ~US$20 more for this over the metallic 'desert orange' one. It comes with a EF nib, but as you can see in the photo, I also ordered two Stub nib assemblies. The rhodium-plated one will most likely go into my 2012 LE Pilot VP.

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Just shipped from Serbia so it'll probably be a couple weeks until it arrives in the sticks of China. Will definitely post some pics once it arrives!

It's the first time I've found any chalk-marked Parker that I could actually afford, so I'm really excited.

Nice! There are surprisingly good deals to be had from Eastern Europe. Purchases from several eBay sellers in Bulgaria, Serbia, and Slovenia are the reason I have some very nice vintage Kaweco Sport sets :D

A KaWeCo V16 with a B-nib (hopefully stubby) and a 619 MP in a pen pouch with medallion. Color me excited, had been looking for one of these for a while and won a nice mint set from a local online auction site for +1 on the starting price.

401842930-orig.jpg

...still waiting for the Pelikan 400NN Tortoise with the BB-nib... argh... most likely will get that one and the set above at about the same time.

A KaWeCo V16 with a B-nib (hopefully stubby) and a 619 MP in a pen pouch with medallion. Color me excited, had been looking for one of these for a while and won a nice mint set from a local online auction site for +1 on the starting price.

401842930-orig.jpg

...still waiting for the Pelikan 400NN Tortoise with the BB-nib... argh... most likely will get that one and the set above at about the same time.

Very nice! Of the several Sport sets I've won, not one still had the metal badge still attached to the etui, even the one that would have had the special Munich Olympics medallion! This has made me consider buying the modern rendition just because :lol:

Very nice! Of the several Sport sets I've won, not one still had the metal badge still attached to the etui, even the one that would have had the special Munich Olympics medallion! This has made me consider buying the modern rendition just because :lol:

Go vintage! Browsed ebay and found several sets with medallions. Would like to add one of the olympic ones to my budding Kaweco collection... as in, this is the first one. :)

Go vintage! Browsed ebay and found several sets with medallions. Would like to add one of the olympic ones to my budding Kaweco collection... as in, this is the first one. :)

These v16 sets will send you down a rabbit hole, watch out! :lol: I sure know they did me, and they were a lot cheaper a couple years ago! Been watching selling prices. My Munich set was supposed to have the official medallion on the etui, but when I got it that was missing. I loved the pen too much to send it back though!

These v16 sets will send you down a rabbit hole, watch out! :lol: I sure know they did me, and they were a lot cheaper a couple years ago! Been watching selling prices. My Munich set was supposed to have the official medallion on the etui, but when I got it that was missing. I loved the pen too much to send it back though!

Oh that totally blows! :o Damn...

I've been eyeing the v16 for a long time, hoping for a decent price on a semi-flex OB. Someday....

They are lovely bomb-proof little pens indeed! I got my first set, with an OB nib, after my first modern Kaweco, a Brass Sport. I was shocked how tiny the v16 is in comparison! :lol: It came from Bulgaria, in a company-logoed etui, with a ballpoint. I paid less than $50, but shipping took a few weeks to the US. :D

They are lovely bomb-proof little pens indeed! I got my first set, with an OB nib, after my first modern Kaweco, a Brass Sport. I was shocked how tiny the v16 is in comparison! :lol: It came from Bulgaria, in a company-logoed etui, with a ballpoint. I paid less than $50, but shipping took a few weeks to the US. :D

Wow, you got an amazing deal on that...and on an OB at that! So far I've been ok with my modern Classic Sport with an OBB stub ground by fpnibs.com. It lacks the flex and line variation, but it'll do until the lucky day I can grab a deal on a vintage one.

Wow, you got an amazing deal on that...and on an OB at that! So far I've been ok with my modern Classic Sport with an OBB stub ground by fpnibs.com. It lacks the flex and line variation, but it'll do until the lucky day I can grab a deal on a vintage one.

Hear hear! I'm so glad I got my few sets a couple years ago, cuz the prices have skyrocketed! The most I paid was one from Egypt, of all places. I paid ~$100 for it because it's a three pen set in a three pen etui. Never seen the like anywhere else. One ballpoint has a blue clicker button, and the other has a red one. Cool stuff! :lol: