Wingsung 601 Vacumatic Filler

Tefolim

They don't look so bad.

Oh, Sailor Jentle Sakura-Mori! :wub:

EDIT: I didn't understand the issue around room temperature and ink burp/leak picture. Did I miss a step?

After pressing down many times,press down the pump in ink bottle again then take the pen out from ink bottle. (Use soft cloth or paper clean the ink on the section.)

I did as the protocol said.

At that time the room temperature is about 6℃.

Later I set the room temperature on 26℃.

It is the first time that it leaked.

And after that I have not seen that it leaked again.

Both the Xmas and the New batch belong to First edition.

Please wait the second edition.

And a balance style Wing Sung will on sale after 601SE.

Perhaps I am lucky enough that other problems some people met have not happened to me.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• Tefolim

• Mech-for-i

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

I ordered a dark blue one off EBay today. I hope they've fixed a few of the production issues. Unfortunately, I could only find it being sold by one seller. This is infuriating, as it meant I had to pay much more for the pen than I wanted to, given that it's a new model with known issues.

Where are they selling...? I can not find them anywhere...

Where are they selling...? I can not find them anywhere...

Ebay.com, seller art-pen-book-dy

(Just bought a beige one, 249 / 68% sold it said, assume for all the colours together. I make that 117 left.).

Ebay.com, seller art-pen-book-dy

(Just bought a beige one, 249 / 68% sold it said, assume for all the colours together. I make that 117 left.).

Thank you..nevertheless art-pen-book-dy

is not selling anything this moment... :lticaptd:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Fountain+pen+wing+sung&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Fountain+pen+wing+sung+601&_sacat=0

Off an iPad I cant make the link live, but I found one and copied the url. With luck you can copy and paste it. Or maybe it did

Edited by Ted A
To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

A friend of mine has one of these on order. I'll reserve judgment for now, and stick to my (real) 51 Vacs.

Just for curiosity about what these are selling for, I did a quick Google search and found an eBay seller who has them in stock. The listing says that they're 99¢ US (with free non-expedited shipping), but then there is this somewhat bizarre notice at the bottom of the listing which says:

friendly notice:

13.9 USD is 1pc pen's price.
0.99 USD is 2pcs pouch' price.
Which seems a bit peculiar, to say the least.... :huh: Does this mean you have to buy two of them (in which case the price per is about $7.50 apiece)? Or does this have to do with shipping charges (after saying in the listing that shipping was free)?
Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A friend of mine has one of these on order. I'll reserve judgment for now, and stick to my (real) 51 Vacs.

Just for curiosity about what these are selling for, I did a quick Google search and found an eBay seller who has them in stock. The listing says that they're 99¢ US (with free non-expedited shipping), but then there is this somewhat bizarre notice at the bottom of the listing which says:

friendly notice:

13.9 USD is 1pc pen's price.
0.99 USD is 2pcs pouch' price.
Which seems a bit peculiar, to say the least.... :huh: Does this mean you have to buy two of them (in which case the price per is about $7.50 apiece)? Or does this have to do with shipping charges (after saying in the listing that shipping was free)?
Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

It seems they sell quite different items in a single listing. So you can either buy a pen at $13.90 / $14.90 depending on colour, OR two pouches for 99c.

And yes, that listing is a tad confusing!

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

It looks like what they are doing is throwing a really cheap item on the listing so that a sort on lowest price will put them at the top. There is a drop down menu in the listing where the real items (the pens) are priced at $13.90 and then you could buy a pen sleeve for 99 cents

Edited by Ted A
To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

Many tools sellers do that, and I find it extremely irritating. Really does not endear the seller to me & wastes my time if there is a choice between sellers.

Interesting to hear that an 'improved' batch will be available next month. When buying P51's, I have always bought P51 Aero's because they are cheaper than the P51 Vac's, but am intrigued by the mechanism. Maybe this will show me the advantage (if there is one!).

Regards,

Richard.

I received my light blue 601 2 days ago, filled it and noticed some leaking, at first I thought it was because of the pen burping through the feed and nib. After leaving it for 2 days, it leaked alot of ink into the cap, the whole section is soaked. After close examination, it turns out that the pen leaks at the metal ring between the section and the barrel, so there is serious sealing issue there.

I received my light blue 601 2 days ago, filled it and noticed some leaking, at first I thought it was because of the pen burping through the feed and nib. After leaving it for 2 days, it leaked alot of ink into the cap, the whole section is soaked. After close examination, it turns out that the pen leaks at the metal ring between the section and the barrel, so there is serious sealing issue there.

OH, I am sorry to hear that...

Welp I just got one of these and now I am afraid of filing it and having a mess lol. How can I tell what batch I got?

Just got one I ordered on 6th January - only color available was beige, and only one eBay seller with them available (at least in the U.S.A.). I don't know which generation it is, but I dip tested it and it is a very smooth, extra fine writer. I then flushed it and could see the incremental filling with the water entering through the transparent breather tube and the reservoir filling a little more with each push. The one I received certainly works and is a nice pen - a resurrection of a filling system last made (as far as I know) over 60 years ago. I have 2 more on order in colors that then appeared on eBay for a day or two after I ordered the first one. We will see if they repeat the performance when they arrive.

Wing Sung is certainly producing some interesting pens at this time. So are they going to resurrect other classic fillers of the past now that they have really good piston fillers and a Vacumatic? I suppose only time will tell.

is a nice pen - a resurrection of a filling system last made (as far as I know) over 60 years ago.

Amazing..nobody had mentioned Edison Pen Co. located in USA , it had been making fountain pens with vacumatic filler around last 5 years from now...it is called Pump Filler,utilize a latex diaphragm to create compression and vacuum to fill the pen, so a kind of Parker Vacumatic filler...

Welp I just got one of these and now I am afraid of filing it and having a mess lol. How can I tell what batch I got?

The worst batch is the second batch sold on the 25 and 26th of Dec.,2017.

A less worse batch (the third)is the batch now on sale.

Both of the two batch are the first edition.

If the section is constructed in a similar way as the 618 and new 613, you can try applying a bit of silicone grease to the connector thread; worth a shot.

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

Fill it with water first!

The boss said he had mentioned that 601 were under improvement, but some one bought dozens of 601.

If it is leaky then forget it. I have no experience with Hero products though have a 616 on the way. I can bin a pen that only cost a couple of quid but a pen that is 20 odd pounds that has quality issues is harder to justify. Not a great endorsement for the company or its quality control that they are releasing defective pens on the market. I have never had any issues with my Jinhaos but I guess the Chinese still have QC issues. There is no way a Japanese or German company would allow such a situation even with a cheap line like a Preppy or Safari.

Edited by matteob