Who's going to the Raleigh Pen Show?

lalindsay225

Hello all,

It's finally almost here -- the Raleigh Pen Show!! I was able to attend once before, but it was two years ago when I knew far less about pens, and I didn't even know about the existence of FPN! As a working single mother and student, my time and my money are mostly spoken for, but I will be able to visit the show on Saturday. I am looking forward to meeting Ron Zorn, who is going to restore my grandmother's Parker 51, Richard Binder, and Old Griz, as they will all be exhibitors. Is anyone else planning to attend? It will be fun to put faces with names!

Lisa

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lalindsay225

• wvbeetlebug

• kathywc

• OldGriz

I plan to be there Friday @ 1PM.

I may go back on Saturday. Depends on how much fever I have left over from Friday. :roller1:

Edited by nhsmitty

I will be there on Saturday with my sister. I would like to have my pen nib checked out. I think it could use some minor adjusting. I love to be able to test drive a 51. I wanna see what all of the hype is about.

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

I will be there on Saturday with my sister. I would like to have my pen nib checked out. I think it could use some minor adjusting. I love to be able to test drive a 51. I wanna see what all of the hype is about.

Cathy,

I suggest you get there very very early before the show opens.... Richard Binder works on a first come, first served basis and usually has a waiting list to get nib work done....

As for testing out a "51".. come see me... I should have at least one in my pocket that you can try...

I'm going, though I won't be able to be there before the public hours. I'm preparing myself to be overwhelmed and hope to get away without too much damage. More than anything else, I can't wait to meet the great pen legends we all know from FPN!!!

Seems like we ought to have a little lapel pin or some secret sign to signal other FPN'ers. Has that been done in the past?

Flying by the seat of my pants.

I'm going to be there. I hope to be there early saturday, but I will be there sometime saturday. Any body want to suggest a place and time to meet?

kathy wc

We find rest in those we love, and we provide a resting place in ourselves for those who love us.--Bernard of Clairvaux

Wish I could go...my dad doesn't want to make the drive from B'ham though... <_< I really want to go to meet all of my new made buddies here on FPN though...

Evan

Sheaffer all the way!

I'm going to be there. I hope to be there early saturday, but I will be there sometime saturday. Any body want to suggest a place and time to meet?

kathy wc

That is a really good idea. I'm not too terribly familiar with the area though.

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

You should all meet at my table... I am supposed to be directly across from Richard and Ron (that way I can abuse them more :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Either that or meet in the lobby near the entrance to the show...

As for testing out a "51".. come see me... I should have at least one in my pocket that you can try...

Cathy, pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. At my table you can test-drive THE "51" instead of having to settle for a "51".

:roflmho:

http://www.richardspens.com/images/collection/zoomed/51_cedar_sterling_capped.jpg

http://www.richardspens.com/images/collection/zoomed/51_cedar_sterling.jpg

Oh, and it'll be loaded with Blurple.

Edited by Richard

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

Ha! Swoon!!!!

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

Hi,

Well, (bleep) (me) will be going to Raleigh after all.

Look forward to seeing folks. Plan to have about 350 vintage pens with me.

regards

david

Unless something happens between now & Saturday morning, I will be there around noon.

I would like to have my pen nib checked out. I think it could use some minor adjusting. I love to be able to test drive a 51. I wanna see what all of the hype is about.

Same here except I also hope to trade some vintage pens for modern c/c ones, visit Susan Wirth, & let someone install a clear sac on my unusual Majestic. It has a screw off end cap which contains the sac. If all the repair people are too busy, I suppose I can just buy the supplies and have my engineer work his magic.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ashland

Unfortunately, not me this year. :(

Lack of funds and a business trip early next week for which I must prepare.

Waaah!

Enjoy it, all you who are going.

Debbie

I should be there shortly after noon. I'll probably go visit the three amigos first! Ashland, I'll keep an eye out for you and your husband! Anyone else going to be there between 12 - 2 p.m.? I wonder if they have name tags available?

Lisa

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

despite the heat, ya'll can spot me in a black warmup jacket with blue lettering on it that says "MidSouth Fencers Club"

please stop me and introduce yourselves!!!!

kathy wc

We find rest in those we love, and we provide a resting place in ourselves for those who love us.--Bernard of Clairvaux

An early report from the trenches! I thought Ron Zorn's pen repair queue would fill up fast, so I swung by after work for a few minutes (with my three-year-old in tow) to see if he had time tonight to restore my grandmother's Parker 51, and joy of joys, he did! :D B) :) :cloud9: He restored the filling system, put in a new sac, filled it with ink, buffed the finish, and made the inscription of my grandmother's name shiny again. Ron's wife Robyn even entertained Christopher with Gunther, their resident stuffed pelican, when he got fidgety. The pen writes like a dream! (I understand now what the 51 fuss is about!) Thank you, Main Street Pens!

I also had the pleasure of meeting Old Griz and David I of (bleep), and would have stopped to see Richard Binder, but he appeared busy, and then the public show ended for the night.

I'll still be there at noon tomorrow. And there are name tags available. See you there, whoever can make it!

Lisa

Lisa in Raleigh, NC