Fp-Friendly Lined A5 Paper (Without Holes)?

tvradio

Aside from perforated Rhodia pads are there any other A5 sized lined paper I might want to look at? A friend uses Kokuyo looseleaf paper I like (under $7 for 100 sheets which has a nice dotted format that is a cross between lined and dotted paper, but it's a weird Japanese format with 20 punched holes(!) that takes a special 20-ring binder.

I like the paper but would love lined A5 looseleaf paper where I could punch my own holes.

Any ideas?

“We could be heroes/Just for one day” ― David Bowie

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tvradio

• dcwaites

• FPRebel

• Scylax

I don't know any others with no holes at all, but many Oxford Optik/Campus notebooks have perforated A5 pages with only two elongated holes, and are very fp friendly.

Aside from perforated Rhodia pads are there any other A5 sized lined paper I might want to look at? A friend uses Kokuyo looseleaf paper I like (under $7 for 100 sheets which has a nice dotted format that is a cross between lined and dotted paper, but it's a weird Japanese format with 20 punched holes(!) that takes a special 20-ring binder.

I like the paper but would love lined A5 looseleaf paper where I could punch my own holes.

Any ideas?

Check out the Muji refills. They have the multi holes as well as standard two hole punching so you can use them in either type of binders. The paper is very good for the price. Can get rules, plain or grid. They also sell inexpensive binders to suit.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I use both the Kokuyo and Muji paper. Both have two large holes for two ring binders.

Alternatively, find some nice A5 paper and print your own pattern. That way you can experiment with dots, grid, lines, or whatever. You can get the spacing that you want, not what somebody else has decided.

You can even download and print the Whitelines patterns.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Hence this thread! ;)

I am afraid I can't advise you there, as you are in the States.

In Aus., I use these papers in A5 --

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/j-burrows-80gsm-premium-a5-copy-paper-500-sheet-ream-jbcncpa580 and

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/reflex-ultra-white-80gsm-a5-copy-paper-500-sheet-ream-spg193r

The alternative is to find a nice paper in A4 ( and there are plenty of people on the FPN who can advise you what to go for) and have a printer cut it down.

I got some nice Fuji-Xerox paper (which is no longer available) and had one third cut down to A5 and the other two thirds cut down to B5, my favourite size for writing. That gave me two equal size piles, one in A5, one in B5, and a whole lot of off cuts which I use for scribbling, testing pens, etc.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

You don't mention a purpose for the paper.
Clairefontaine Triomphe lined A5
A writing pad (aka notepad). No perforations or holes. Glued top binding with tear out (really fall out) sheets. Because the sheets do tend to fall out, it's not suitable for a journal, but for lined stationery or other use single sheets, this is great paper! I use the blank version frequently.

You don't mention a purpose for the paper.

Clairefontaine Triomphe lined A5

A writing pad (aka notepad). No perforations or holes.

I apologize. I realize by rereading my question that I was not as clear as I thought I had been.

I meant to write 'Aside from perforated Rhodia pads are there any other perforated, lined A5 sized paper I might want to look at?'

I'm a lefty and so spiral pads tend to be problematic for me. I've owned top-spiral perforated Rhodia pads but was not in love with them. So I was just wondering what else was available that people might recommend.

Amazon has a variety of perforated A5 notebooks I've never heard of, like Lenome and DIngbats, and others I've heard of but know nothing about, like Northbooks. So I was trying to see what people night have had experience with.

I apologize. I realize by rereading my question that I was not as clear as I thought I had been.

I meant to write 'Aside from perforated Rhodia pads are there any other perforated, lined A5 sized paper I might want to look at?'

I'm a lefty and so spiral pads tend to be problematic for me. I've owned top-spiral perforated Rhodia pads but was not in love with them. So I was just wondering what else was available that people might recommend.

Amazon has a variety of perforated A5 notebooks I've never heard of, like Lenome and DIngbats, and others I've heard of but know nothing about, like Northbooks. So I was trying to see what people night have had experience with.

I've used Northbooks, and the paper is good for FPs. Made in the US is a bonus. The dotted pkg of 3 I ordered contained one notebook that was printed or cut poorly - the dots ran at a slight diagonal off the page. Contacting Northbooks, the quickly rectified the issue. It's been about a year, don't know if they still occasionally have bad runs or if the process has been refined. The notebooks are nicely put-together other than the one I mentioned, and I enjoy them very much.

Ah, thanks. I've been using dot pads, but I think my next purchase(s) will be lined, as it's been suggested that I might be able to improve my (mediocre) penmanship better with more visible guidance. Amazon has a 2-pack of lined 144p college-ruled pads for $17. Just put it on my wishlist for when I start to run low on my Rhodia.