The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Dromgoole's Podcast Episode 3

visconti giveaway marlen fountainpen pens ink yafa aurora montegrappa

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DromgoolesHouston

DromgoolesHouston

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2017 - 16:53

Here is the next volume of the Dromgoole's podcast. We have an interview with Mark Cole from Coles of London who distributes Visconti. Also we show some cool used pens we got here at the store, and conclude a giveaway.

Edited by DromgoolesHouston, 19 December 2017 - 16:54.

Sponsored Content

#2 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 21:38

I watched the video and thought it was great; thanks for sharing.

While off camera, did Mark say anything about Visconti's quality control? I've heard some rumors that Visconti is actively working to improve but who knows where those rumors started. 

#3 DromgoolesHouston

DromgoolesHouston

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 December 2017 - 15:51

Did not say much in regards to that, but personally I think sometimes things get blown up too much. I for one have worked hand in hand with Visconti for over ten years, selling and dealing with after sales service on a daily basis, and I do not see poor qc. To me its probably one of those things where people are going to leave a bad review when something goes wrong, but a person is way less likely to post when they enjoy a product, therefore it comes off worse than it actually is. Also, whenever I have an issue with a Visconti pen, because yes they do have problems just like any other brand, I enjoy the fact that they support their product. I think Visconti is one of the best in the industry as far as after sales service. Most problems are taken care of at zero cost, where you do not see that from Parker, Waterman, Pelikan, and many other brands.

#4 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 16:42

I actually share your opinion about Visconti but know so many people feel otherwise I was curious if Visconti was trying to address the issue (even if just through PR).

Somehow I've become a Visconti apologist on various forums, not because I'm a diehard fan, though I do really like the brand. I think Visconti's qc issues are a bit overblown but I also think they have more quality issues than other brands. I have a handful of Visconti pens and a couple have required warranty work. Coles was very good about taking care of the problems but I still had to pay for shipping (I think) and it took a couple months to get the pen(s) back. So yes, they do a good job fixing problems but there's still a bit of inconvenience. And the vast majority of my Visconti pens have been terrific and are some of my favorite pens. 

#5 Drawing61

Drawing61

Isle of Innisfree

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2017 - 23:47

Thanks for posting. As a pen lover I am very happy to have Dromgoole's in my neighborhood.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

#6 ASCIIaardvark

ASCIIaardvark

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2017 - 19:46

Is there an RSS feed I can subscribe to somewhere that I'm just not seeing?

...or is this a YouTube channel that calls itself a "podcast" for no discernible reason :/

#7 DromgoolesHouston

DromgoolesHouston

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2018 - 15:00

At this point it is a youtube channel with hopes to eventually become a podcast. Sorry for the confusion @ASCllaardvark.

#8 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,797 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2018 - 17:41

Very cool.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visconti, giveaway, marlen, fountainpen, pens, ink, yafa, aurora, montegrappa

Sponsored Content

|