I would love to get some opinion on the size of pen. I've been thinking about getting the famous 146 (which I would have to order online, probably some nice second-hand if available--don't have any place to buy MB in my area) but I'm not sure if it will really fits my small hand.
In my collection, I have:
Poe (away for fix)
St. Exupery 2017
149 (Oh, well...)
- I've been using either Lamy2000 or 145 as my edc, both of which are pretty nice to hold.
- Poe is good also (as far as I can remember, hadn't used it that much).
- 2017 St. Exupery is somehow not something that I really like to pick up.
I'm not sure if it is because of the size or the metal screw that makes it feel weird.
Or because its metal part makes it more slippery, thus, feeling harder to use.
I'm sure I feel better with Poe.
- I have tried 146 at the boutique in Chicago once...(I didn't try it that long though. The lady who is a store manager (whom I, thinking back now, will not at all feel guilty to refer to as 'overly-arrogant') in MB Bloomingdale seems to have an attitude and lose interest in me right away after I hesitated when she asked me: "Do you want to take one home today?" (Ma'am, it's almost a 1000$ pen!)
Another nice employee who took care of me also unintentionally mentioned:
"I don't want to get into trouble because of the manager.")
So it's a somewhat weird visit.
yet, as much as I remember, that short holding and writing in 146
doesn't feel the best to me. Probably somewhere between good and okay.
- On the other hand, 149, which I had always overlooked due to my small hands,
feels pretty comfortable to use. While gigantuan, it seems to float in my hand.
As though it was in there just doing its big job--like it's an airplane and I'm only a small pilot controling it!
(In contrary to lamy2000/MB145, which are nice pens, but don't seem to have much characterstics in my hand.)
Considering my hand kinda gets fatique when writing in 2017 writer edition,
(Can't pin down if it's the size or metal part that might require more effort when it gets slippery).
Do you think this is legitimate enough to say that I'm one of those people who are more of 149 than 146?
Particularly, there are small-hand people who either go small or big?
(146 platinum is just so gorgeous and tempting! But I'm so undecided about acquiring one.
Esp. given my location, I can't try it. It's as though whenever I might wanna get one I get writer edition instead!)
Thanks for your opinion!
Edited by wpj_ole, 19 December 2017 - 05:38.