Lamy 2018 Special Edition Colours Leaked

lamanorbu

Hello community,

I've just randomly stumbled upon the swedish online Lamy store and guess what I found... Pretty strange that Lamy didn't announce the special colours earlier this autumn, maybe they're are just as disappointed as I am :lticaptd:...

Have a look by yourself:

http://www.lamystore.se/

3AbLMJN.jpg

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astronymus

• Intensity

• ParkerDuofold

• Glenn-SC

All black for the safari? That's boring.

Agreed. Don't they *already* have a black Safari on the market?

And I'd have to see the shade of pink they actually choose before running out to snag one of the Pink LE al-Stars: my experience is that those metal edges on the grip are machined to the point of being way too sharp for my fingers. The matte finish Dark Lilac Safari is less sharp, and therefore way more comfortable.

If they did something like reissue the French blue, now we'd be talking.... In the meantime? Meh....

OTOH, if they have pink ink to go with that pink al-Star, I'd be interested.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Hi all,

Yeah,... I don't know about this one... the "black" Safari looks just like the Charcoal version and I'm not the biggest fan of pink... :unsure:

Oh, well,... at least my accountant will be happy.

- Anthony

It's not exactly all black if the nib is silver as shown....

That's a bit odd when they do have black nibs and could easily have included one.

I won't be wanting any of those colors.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

That's a bit odd when they do have black nibs and could easily have included one.

That's a good point. They put black nibs on the Dark Lilac, and gave those pens a black clip, and it was a very stylish look (one of the things I disliked about Safaris up till that point is that the clips (while perfectly functional) have this tendency to look like paper clips if they're the standard white metal. The first Safari I saw that I thought was actually nice looking was a blue one with a yellow clip, an LE model to commemorate (IIRC) some N-hundredth Anniversary of Sweden becoming a country.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

The nib doesn't look silver. It's just the new black coating reflecting more light.

The nib looks black to me. The reflection of the light make it look half silver and half black.

I'll probably go for the pink one ☺

Chiara

Edited to add that I like the pink one.

Edited by chravagni

And I'd have to see the shade of pink they actually choose before running out to snag one of the Pink LE al-Stars: my experience is that those metal edges on the grip are machined to the point of being way too sharp for my fingers. The matte finish Dark Lilac Safari is less sharp, and therefore way more comfortable.

If they did something like reissue the French blue, now we'd be talking.... In the meantime? Meh....

OTOH, if they have pink ink to go with that pink al-Star, I'd be interested.

There's always matching ink :)

Yes, they do,... but the standard issue is gloss black; the LE is matte black... now see, don't you feel foolish? :rolleyes:

Hi all,

I know a few have said the nib is black and just really reflective of the light, but it sure looks like chrome to me, too. :unsure:

Oh, well, I'm not going to worry about it... I doubt if I'll get either one... unless I'm overwhelmed by the collectionus completeus virus. I haven't decided whether I'll get sick or not yet, but for now; I'm reasonably immune.

- Anthony

There's always matching ink :)

That's true,... let's hope they don't run out of the LE Black before everyone has a fighting chance to get it.

- Anthony

Hi all. Can I confirm that theres currently a shiny black and textured black (umbra) safari. And now a limited edition black?

Doesn't look like it in the pic (pic looks more like existing Charcoal/Umbra tbh) but if ever L decides to do a Black Tinted Vista... PUT ME DOWN FOR A DOZEN!!! :P

If you visit Fontoplumo online shop, the SE Al-Star is already listed for preorder: to be honest that looks really nor vibrant nor pink (I honestly don't dislike the colour), there's even a matching ink both in cartridge and bottle form (it looks suspiciously similar to the stardar issue Lamy Violet...). On a side note, the aluminium finish on the Al-Star is tremendously difficult to capture in photo, and that led to some confusion when I unpacked my Al-star Pacific last year :D I bet it looks quite different in real life, I would wait on further comments on the colour until we have some comparison photos with the black-purple Al-star for example.

Upon further investigation on the All black Safari, it looks like it features black trimmings (nib included) and, althoug being matte black, it features a slightly darker colur and softer finish compared to what is available right now; it doesn't look as textured as the umbra.