The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Lamy 2018 Special Edition Colours Leaked

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#221 Intensity

Intensity

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:40

It’s like having deeper black level with a glossy smooth surface monitor than seeing the same image on an identical monitor but with matte anti-glare coating.

Sponsored Content

#222 Bexinthecity247

Bexinthecity247

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:39

I already have 4 Lamys (3 Safari) and I really want their pink one  :D!! Can you have too many? Ha!

'Someone shoot me please.'

~the delectable Louisa Durrell~

#223 Intensity

Intensity

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2018 - 17:20

I’m up to 6 Lamys: 2 Safari, 2 Al-Star, 2 LX. Hope to add 2000 Makrolon someday and the new pink Al-Star. Although I’d rather have a matte brown Safari than the pink Al-Star—the matte plastic feels much better than the shiny grips of the aluminum versions to me, along with lighter weight.

#224 Bexinthecity247

Bexinthecity247

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:37

I have to agree about the matte compared to the shiny, actually.

I have 2 matte - (one a black and one a purple) and my other Safari is the shiny red. I barely use the shiny red because it doesn't feel as comfortable as the two matte.

Oddly the black one I have (which was found on a job by my Brother in law and subsequently he gave it to me) is a left hand writing nib but I am right handed and it feels no different. My mum who is left handed said it made no difference to her either.

I also have a Joy calligraphy but that pen is so awful I put it somewhere and can't even find it!

'Someone shoot me please.'

~the delectable Louisa Durrell~

Sponsored Content

|