Question About M800 Red Prices

whichwatch

It was an F, and in really good condition. If I was interested in the red one, I would have immediately bought it.

Thank you. :)

Interesting. You like the red one. Haven't seen too many who like it. Maybe I'll pick one up next time when it shows up.

They show up very regularly at this price range locally, so availability isn't an issue. Though I would never pay $600+ for it.

I bought my Brown Tortoise used as well, for $480 iirc.

I need to visit where you live. It sounds like I can make up for the airfare with the cheapness of the pens.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mew

• Lam1

• whichwatch

• Mulrich

Top Posters In This Topic

At the LA Show this past weekend and the Ohio Show before that, I saw several red 800's generally priced in the range of $850 to $895. There is one on Ebay for $1995!!!

Yes, prices on e-bay can be ridiculous. I saw a roll of EXPOSED Kodachrome Super 8 film for over $40.00. Who in their right mind would want to pay anything for a roll of film that was exposed by someone else, out-dated by 30 years, and impossible to process? Sure, as a collectors item, maybe $10 for a sealed roll I can understand.

As for the M800, OMG, but that red is beautiful. I have one in blue, but had I seen the red, it would be in my pen chest now, Thing is, with the prices rising for the red, you'd think that Pelikan would give it another go. I'm sure that Pelikan is aware of how much the red M800 is desired.

Thing is, with the prices rising for the red, you'd think that Pelikan would give it another go. I'm sure that Pelikan is aware of how much the red M800 is desired.

My opinion is that the red is really only desired by many because it was discontinued and prices started to climb. Actually, I don't think it was a great seller when it was in production and that is one reason why Pelikan discontinued it. Demand has increased since its being taken out of production, and supply has dried up considerably. The rise in prices is a natural result. This is similar to what happened to Omas after their going out of business.

I'm not knocking the red 800. I have 4. I'm in the process of completing the sale of one and will eventually sell the others. I'm just trying to put in perspective what I think happened.

I need to visit where you live. It sounds like I can make up for the airfare with the cheapness of the pens.

Now that makes me think that I should have picked up that Red stripe. It wasn't all that expensive to think about too much. Certainly much better than the listing this thread cumulated in.

Prices are generally decent. I bought an m1005 Black for about $350 at the end of last year. There was a Gaudi some days back for $1600 and M1005 demo was offered at about $450. All used, but decent pricing.

Now that makes me think that I should have picked up that Red stripe. It wasn't all that expensive to think about too much. Certainly much better than the listing this thread cumulated in.

Prices are generally decent. I bought an m1005 Black for about $350 at the end of last year. There was a Gaudi some days back for $1600 and M1005 demo was offered at about $450. All used, but decent pricing.

I dont live anywhere near pen shops so I have to scour the internet for deals along with everyone else, so the pickings are slim. Probably for the best.

Wow! Those are great prices! The cheapest M1005 demo I have seen lately was a NOS for $1,000.

But then again, if I lived in Japan I would be even more broken, with all those Namikis and Pilots around...

So, I guess it is better to live in the middle of nowhere :D . The closest pen shop from where I live must be about 1,000 miles or so.

Wow! Those are great prices! The cheapest M1005 demo I have seen lately was a NOS for $1,000.

But then again, if I lived in Japan I would be even more broken, with all those Namikis and Pilots around...

So, I guess it is better to live in the middle of nowhere :D . The closest pen shop from where I live must be about 1,000 miles or so.

Lam1, you in the middle of the prairie, me in the middle of the desert... ever ponder how many pens we could have paid for with all the "postage and shipping" we've paid for over the years?

:yikes:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I still prefer my Pilots and Namiki's. :) A Maki-e Emperor one day... hopefully.

Lam1, you in the middle of the prairie, me in the middle of the desert... ever ponder how many pens we could have paid for with all the "postage and shipping" we've paid for over the years?

:yikes:

Ouch! I never thought of that.

But now that you mention it, it kinda of hurts! I could certainly have bought that Toledo I want so much and still have some spare change... :sick:

I still prefer my Pilots and Namiki's. :) A Maki-e Emperor one day... hopefully.

Oh, "I have simple tastes", 'even' a Vermillion would satisfy me :lol: .

Oooh! That is gorgeous! :puddle: :drool:

But, you know, seeing the image makes me almost give up the idea of one day getting an Emperor, since I don't like small pens! :lticaptd: