The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Inexpensive Broad Nib Pen?

broad lefty leftie

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 tvradio

tvradio

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:50

even the Knox F seems to me like MF and they are too smooth.

I look forward to the day I can say I own a fountain pen that's too smooth! I definitely cannot say that about my Penmanship, Varsity, Preppy or even Metropolitan (the best of the bunch, and not at all bad). Last month I briefly tried a Lamy 2000 and a reconditioned Parker 45 that had gold nibs and were smoooooooth. And I liked it!

“We could be heroes/Just for one day” ― David Bowie

Sponsored Content

#42 calvin_0

calvin_0

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:21

Because I'm a lefty I think a Safari is off the table because the barrel design seems to be aimed more at training proper handling/angle with the right hand.

I'm a lefty as well (recently become a righty), Safari isnt off the board for lefty, if you found it's hard to use Lamy safari or vista, it's probably because of the way you hold your pen. I use Lamy Vista as a lefty and I have no problem with it...

#43 tvradio

tvradio

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:22

Well yes, it's off the table for me because of its design. I've got a Pilot Penmanship that also has a molded grip but I'm fine with it.

“We could be heroes/Just for one day” ― David Bowie

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: broad, lefty, leftie

Sponsored Content

|