Going To Paris To Get A Waterman

slowdown

Hello,

I am going to Paris, and I would like to purchase a Waterman whilst there, possibly a Carène. There are several shops listed on the Waterman site. Does anyone know which might have the best selection?

I understand buying in France will make warranty issues difficult.

On another note, how do I get an extra-fine nib? The website lists Carènes with fine nibs only.

Thanks for your kind reply!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PAKMAN

• amk

• LewBleu

• mol_lon

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent choice...but I would say that would I not.

Most dealers stock pens with medium nibs but a French shop just might have more selection. If not the dealer can send the pen back to Waterman for the FREE nib exchange. How you then get the pen back is another matter if you leave France within say 10 days. The dealer may ship it to you or have Waterman ship it directly to your country.

Warranty is not a problem, you just have to post it to the nearest Service Centre.

Certainly in the UK, EF is available for the Carene.

Go visit André Mora's shop, near les jardins du Luxembourg (7, rue de Tournon).

He is a well know and appreciated seller, speaks english, sells new and vintage pens, ... and will also be please to advise you and let you try the pens you want ! :)

+1 for Mora stylos, and then move on to the Papeterie du Dome near Montparnasse to see some Lepines and other pens and a huge range of inks and stationery, if you have time.

I was fortunate enough to visit Mora stylos when the Waterman exhibition was on a few years back, and it was marvellous, though most of that superb collection would have been well beyond my means. Prototypes, decorative finishes (a lovely eggshell mosaic pen and a wooden-bodied 100 Year Pen adaptation, if memory serves), and wonderful ephemera.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

• 11 months later...

Go visit André Mora's shop, near les jardins du Luxembourg (7, rue de Tournon).

He is a well know and appreciated seller, speaks english, sells new and vintage pens, ... and will also be please to advise you and let you try the pens you want ! :)

This might too late. Nevertheless, it might be useful for future customers. I had a bad experience at Mora Stylos. I wouldn't recommend Mora Stylos. Andre sold me a used ASC Arco Brown pen without disclosing it. There are clear signs of usage on the nib. Ink, scuff marks, etc.

My daughter bought me a Waterman when she visited Paris from the "Galeries Lafayette" 40, boulevard Haussmann Paris. It was a neat present from her trip!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• 3 weeks later...