The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Mini Review Of Hero 7037

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bob_hayden

bob_hayden

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 December 2017 - 13:30

This is another under $2US pen from Hero.  It has a metal exterior similar to some other Heros I have reviewed recently

http://www.fountainp...w-of-hero-7031/

but unlike those the section is black plastic and the open nib is quite unusual -- small, with a semi-circular cross section reminiscent of the Parker Beta.  Mine is rose gold but this pen comes in pink and dark grey as well, and there is a hooded nib version that comes in those colors plus black.  The barrel and cap have gold colored extensions.  On the cap, this carries the make and model number.  The last couple of mm is cut like a helical gear whose teeth catch the light and sparkle.  The cap screws on and off but the threads are rather crude and it can be a bit tricky getting them started when you put the cap back on.  At first the cap appears not to post at all, but in fact it screws onto the end of the barrel which may make it the most securely posting pen ever!  The pen takes large bore cartridges -- presumably Hero 359, and possibly Parker or Lamy.

The pen writes reasonably smoothly and continued to write well after sitting unused for many days.  I would prefer more flex in the nib but this is not as annoying to me as the nibs in the Safaris.  Line width is somewhere between M and F.

The current series of Hero 70xx pens offer good looks and a sturdy metal exterior in the price range of better known plastic bargain pens such as the various Safari clones and the Jinhao 991 and 992.  The 70xx look like more expensive pens than these, without looking too gaudy like some other Chinese metal pens.  They are also considerably lighter than some other popular Chinese metal pens such as the Jinhao X450.  My 7047 weighs 27 g.  Recommended.

Sponsored Content

#2 bob_hayden

bob_hayden

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2018 - 00:33

I ordered one of the grey ones and if anything it is even better, though the nib required minor alignment and smoothing.  I think I have enough pink pens so I do not expect to order more of these.  I welcome any efforts to increase sample size;-) 

#3 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:03

Bob, could you post a picture or two of the pen as you review them? Hero pens are so common and use such generic names, it kinda stinks having to look it up as well just to see wha tit looks like.

#4 bob_hayden

bob_hayden

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:14

I am guessing you have a smart phone and can take the picture and instantly upload it to FPN.  Life is not so simple here.  It's a LOT more work (for me) than searching eBay for "Hero 7037 fountain pen" ;-)

#5 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:16

you can copy the image URL from the ebay listing itself and attach it as an image.

#6 bob_hayden

bob_hayden

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2018 - 00:28

Sounds like a great way for you to add whatever images you feel would improve this thread;-)

Sponsored Content

|