The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Custom Fountain Pen With Titanium Nib

titanium nib

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jj9ball

jj9ball

Extremely Rare

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:22

Being someone who likes to make pens, I always have one of my own creations in my pocket.  I lose these creations about every other month for one reason or another and have to make myself a new pen.  The pen you see here was my experiment.  I had heard a lot about the unique feel of a Titanium nib and decided to create such a pen for myself.  I got it made, inked it up, and HOLY COW... too flexy for my taste.  I press too hard when I write the way it is.  This thing made me feel like I was using a magic marker.  So its time to find it a new home.  If you like good line variation and a smooth nib, this should be great for you.   It just wasn't to my own taste.   The pen is around 5 1/2" long and has a Cap that does post.  The section measures about 13mm and the pen weighs in at around 24 grams.  The nib is a F Bock titanium and comes with a K6 screw in converter.  Because I did intend to make it for myself I bored out the inside fairly deep for eyedropper use.  It will hold around 5.5 ml of ink.  I would love to hear everyone's opinion.  The pen is for sale here.  www.jandjwooddesigns.net

Attached Images

• IMG_9744.JPG
  • IMG_9745.JPG
  • IMG_9747.JPG

Let me make you a deal on ink!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.com

Come see some of my handmade pens!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

Sponsored Content

#2 RockingLR

RockingLR

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:22

wow absolutely beautiful pen!  i'm not sure about how titanium nibs as i've only used steel and one gold nib but looks like a lot of fun! 

#3 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:05

Thanks for sharing your new work with us; I took a good look on your site & discovered there was ANOTHER pen, "calling my name!"  I have received your automated message saying "it is being prepared for shipment.

Your pen with the Titanium nib will undoubtably find a new home, with someone anxious to try that nib.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: titanium nib

Sponsored Content

|