The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Dating A Tiffany&co. Paloma Groove?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sierrabravo

sierrabravo

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 December 2017 - 00:51

Hello,

I recently picked up a Tiffan&Co. Paloma Groove. I've attempted researching the pen and, besides a photo for a eBay listing, I haven't been able to find any information on the specific production year and don't believe it is a current model due to the blue ring on the barrel.

I am hoping someone on this form would be able to help me date the pen, and maybe shine some light on the history (if it has any) of it. 

In case the photos aren't clear the four markings are "TIFFANY&CO.", "GERMANY" "Pablo Picasso" and the silver purity marking "925".

Thanks in advance for the help,

Sam

Attached Images

• IMG_0140.jpg
  • IMG_0141.jpg
  • IMG_0142.jpg
  • IMG_0143.jpg
  • IMG_0144.jpg
  • IMG_0145.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 fullfederhalter

fullfederhalter

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:07

I have a Tiffany silver and 18kt gold ballpoint pen designed by artist Jean Schlumberger which I attempted to learn more about by writing to Tiffany.  Tiffany wrote back saying that to answer my questions, I would have to pay to have one of their staff research their files.  I can't recall the hourly charge, but I know that it was more than I paid for the pen!

There seems to be a little bit more information on the internet for your pen.  One auction site dated it as being circa 1990s.  Apparently, your pen was part of an entire collection which also included colored enamel over silver.  As you likely already know, the collection was the design of Paloma Picasso, daughter of the artist.  Congratulations on a very nice looking pen.

Sponsored Content

|