The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pif Noodlers Konrad And J. Herbin Lie Die The

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 RockingLR

RockingLR

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 20:59

I have decided that I want to pay it forward for my Noodler's Konrad and the ink Lie Die The.

To be considered for this I would like to challenge you to let your creative funk fly! Post below with something creative be ii writing, drawing, interpretive dance....something that YOU are creative with and it has to be YOU who created it...no cheating here please...it's not limited to anything specific...and I will select the winner from those submissions.  Have fun as I will have fun seeing them all. 

It'll be free shipping in the U.S. and APO/FPO. If you're outside the US I kindly ask for some of the postage if over $10 USD. Thank you.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :D

Attached Images

• PIF .jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 December 2017 - 13:43

Not an entry. Just wanted to say thank you for this kind gesture.
Khan

#3 AberHulk

AberHulk

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:36

Since I already have a flex pen I will not enter but I am looking forward to the entries! Great PIF by the way !

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

― C.S. Lewis

“Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.” 

― Frank HerbertDune

#4 jandrews

jandrews

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Away
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:13

Hi!

I googled the name of the ink as written in the title - Lie *die* the (it is "de" right?) and the first thing that came up was an Atreyu song called "I would kill/lie/die (for you"). Not my style, but I was motivated and inspired by the possibility of ink and pen. I've had a limited bit of exercise lately due to some health stuff and am still out of breath while posting this, so thanks for the workout! I hope I've made up for lack of talent with passion! Here is my submission, enjoy! 

https://youtu.be/PsXSG8gyxfs

josh

#5 RockingLR

RockingLR

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:58

Hi!

I googled the name of the ink as written in the title - Lie *die* the (it is "de" right?) and the first thing that came up was an Atreyu song called "I would kill/lie/die (for you"). Not my style, but I was motivated and inspired by the possibility of ink and pen. I've had a limited bit of exercise lately due to some health stuff and am still out of breath while posting this, so thanks for the workout! I hope I've made up for lack of talent with passion! Here is my submission, enjoy! 

https://youtu.be/PsXSG8gyxfs

josh

Whoops! my spelling was way off  you are right it's Lie De the...and was even written on the bottle right in front of me. hahahahaha. I blame the lack of caffeine in my system when I wrote this! lol. Thank you for your submission I loved It! :D

Edit: I just noticed your holding Rhodia notepads! Thats awesome! You have set the bar high sir! 

Edited by RockingLR, 12 December 2017 - 13:02.

#6 Qotg

Qotg

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2017 - 17:06

https://imgur.com/gallery/ca3Fs
It's a drawing, I was testing my diamine asa ink on yellow.
How much would I pay if I live in the UK?

#7 jandrews

jandrews

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Away
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2017 - 21:08

Whoops! my spelling was way off  you are right it's Lie De the...and was even written on the bottle right in front of me. hahahahaha. I blame the lack of caffeine in my system when I wrote this! lol. Thank you for your submission I loved It! :D

Edit: I just noticed your holding Rhodia notepads! Thats awesome! You have set the bar high sir! 

win or not I aim to please...or whatever particular emotion my efforts evoke :) I figured I could get an edge by being the only one in my category. I would love it though if it inspired a few more dance submissions.  :bunny01:

#8 jandrews

jandrews

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Away
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2017 - 21:09

very cool!

#9 Qotg

Qotg

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2017 - 21:50

very cool!

The funny thing is, at first, I was attempting to be productive and actually work on making notes for flash cards, but ended up with this.

#10 RockingLR

RockingLR

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 13:23

Really neat drawing! I love the color shift due to the paper too.  sorry i somehow missed this entry.  I'd know once i take it to the post office but i doubt more then $5. 

#11 Julio18

Julio18

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2017 - 00:49

Thanks for the PIF. I live in Guatemala so if that's a problem I understand, but if not I would like to enter. This is a combination of my two favorite hobbies with fps, drawing Celtic knots and trying different types of letters, of course inspired by the two inks.
Greetings from Guatemala
[attachment=420798:20171214_185402-1328x747.jpg

Attached Images

• 20171214_185402-1328x747.jpg

Edited by Julio18, 15 December 2017 - 00:57.

#12 Goingbuddha

Goingbuddha

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:26

I'm a lousy artist, but I'm making a Tarot deck for my wife from old book pages.   

Attached Images

• Hanged One.jpg

In the end only kindness matters

#13 jandrews

jandrews

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Away
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:03

Thanks for the PIF. I live in Guatemala so if that's a problem I understand, but if not I would like to enter. This is a combination of my two favorite hobbies with fps, drawing Celtic knots and trying different types of letters, of course inspired by the two inks.
Greetings from Guatemala
[attachment=420798:20171214_185402-1328x747.jpg

wow, that's beauutiful - what pens did you use?

#14 jandrews

jandrews

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Away
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:04

I'm a lousy artist, but I'm making a Tarot deck for my wife from old book pages.   

what an awesome idea that i'm sure will score some bonus points with the wife! How long have you been working on it?

#15 Julio18

Julio18

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2017 - 16:22

wow, that's beauutiful - what pens did you use?

I used my Pilot Metropolitan in M and a Inoxcrom pen that someone gave me as a gift but I haven't been able to find the model.

#16 Goingbuddha

Goingbuddha

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2017 - 17:02

what an awesome idea that i'm sure will score some bonus points with the wife! How long have you been working on it?

Weeks.   I had a book when I was young, "How to Draw With Pen and Ink" and did some drawing then. (Over 30 years ago)  I have not drawn since.    

#17 RockingLR

RockingLR

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 18:49

Just as a heads up, this PIF will be closing on the 23rd of December so I can get it mailed out on the 26th. It will be a little late for Christmas holiday but it'll be a fun belated gift :D It gives everyone a week to finish their creative Idea's and gives me some time to go through and pick the winner :D

#18 Goingbuddha

Goingbuddha

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2017 - 20:40

It is very much appreciated.   You are kind to make the offer.   

#19 csgebhart

csgebhart

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 December 2017 - 22:01

Here is my entry. I am a quilter. I took a photograph and printed the photo onto fabric, then quilted it.

fpn_1513893534__coneflower_fullquilt_sma

~ Cheryl >^..^<

My inks I'm willing to trade: Blackstone (Barrier Reef Blue), Callifolio (Violet), Cross (Blue), De Atramentis (Archive Black, Document Violet), Diamine (Ancient Copper, Eau De Nil, Green Umber, Prussian Blue, Sherwood Green, Twilight), KWZ (Gummiberry), Levenger (Forest), Monteverde (Caribbean Blue), Noodler's (Bulletproof Black, Lexington Gray, Polar Brown), Parker Quink (Black), Pelikan 4001 (Brilliant Black, Brilliant Brown, Turquoise), Pilot Iroshizuku (Syo-Ro), Private Reserve (Purple Mojo, Sepia), Robert Oster (Fire & Ice), Sailor Shikiori (Yodaki), Waterman (Inspired Blue, Tender Purple).

My pens: Cross Century II, Cross Classic Century, Faber-Castell Castel Loom, Fountain Pen Revolution Guru, Franklin Christoph Model 02, Kaweco Sport, 2 Lamy Safari, Monteverde Rodeo Drive, Noodler's Ahab, 2 Noodler's Nib Creapers, Parker 25, Pilot Falcon, 3 Pilot Metropolitan, Pilot Penmanship, Platinum Carbon Desk Pen, Sailor Pro Gear Slim, 3 TWSBI Eco, TWSBI Eco-T, Unknown brand pen with Bock nib, Waterman Expert, Waterman 52 Vintage.

#20 RockingLR

RockingLR

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:19

This PIF is closed. All your entry's are fabulous and you've made my decision incredibly difficult. The winner will be named by tuesday the 26th as I have some serious consideration to do and a holiday to enjoy. Merry christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone. Thank you for your fantastic entries! 

Edited by RockingLR, 24 December 2017 - 01:21.

Sponsored Content

|