The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Jinhao 140 Fountain Pen

jinhao

6 replies to this topic

#1 GhostAsset

GhostAsset

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2017 - 13:34

Hello!

Does anyone know anything about the Jinhao 140 from the Birmham Pen Co? Its not a model that Im familiar with. Past experience tells me that the nib on any given Jinhao is a wet writing medium nib, which I usually swap out for a fine Goulet or Nimonsine nib. Does anyone know if the pen requires a #5 or #6 size nib? (I know Jinhao isnt everyones pen of choice, but I have pen thieves in my office!)

Any suggestions or comments as to the nib size and overall quality are appreciated.

Thanks!

Sponsored Content

#2 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2017 - 22:36

Hello!

Does anyone know anything about the Jinhao 140 from the Birmham Pen Co? Its not a model that Im familiar with. Past experience tells me that the nib on any given Jinhao is a wet writing medium nib, which I usually swap out for a fine Goulet or Nimonsine nib. Does anyone know if the pen requires a #5 or #6 size nib? (I know Jinhao isnt everyones pen of choice, but I have pen thieves in my office!)

Any suggestions or comments as to the nib size and overall quality are appreciated.

Thanks!
[/qu

Edited by oneill, 09 December 2017 - 22:37.

#3 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2017 - 22:40

Hello!

Thanks!
[/qu

I am glad that you said that Jinhao is not everyones choice but what you should have said is that they are nearly everyones choice,and if you have pen thieves in the office they know a GOOD Pen when they see it.Jinhao Lover
Oneill

#4 dfc

dfc

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:07

It looks to me like a 5 or smaller I live in the pittsburgh area and bought the set of 3 as much for the boxes as the pen they seem to have jinhao's that no one else has ever heard jinhao 120, can't find anything on either 120 or 140.   Didn't receive it yet they seem to be a little slow should only take 2 days will try to post once they arrive

Edited by dfc, 17 December 2017 - 09:12.

#5 dfc

dfc

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2017 - 17:45

a

#6 dfc

dfc

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2017 - 17:46

pens arrived yesterday nibs devoid  of marking or decoration look like #5 to me

Edited by dfc, 20 December 2017 - 17:53.

#7 dfc

dfc

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2017 - 18:04

I don't knows if you can see the pictures evry fine nib 1st picture has a #5 beside it

Attached Images

• 20171220_0212091.jpg
  • 20171220_0214521.jpg

Edited by dfc, 20 December 2017 - 18:06.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jinhao

Sponsored Content

|