• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmccarty3

• Chrissy

• Tasmith

• KellyMcJ

Well, Monteverde is, IIRC, owned by Yafa. Where the inks are made, or who by, I couldn't tell you (the only one I have is a bottle of this odd blue-grey ink that was swag from the DCSS a few years ago).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I don't recall seeing the name of the maker anywhere, but I certainly do like their inks.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

The packaging says the inks are made in the EU, but nothing else specific. I also really like their inks.

Monteverde inks (and Colorado Pen inks, which are identical) are made in Austria. Coincidentally, Montblanc and Seitz-Kreuznach inks are also made in Austria. Also coincidentally, all four indicate that they were made in Austria, but bottled elsewhere (USA for Monteverde & Colorado Pen; Germany for Montblanc and Seitz-Kreuznach). If I had to guess, I'd say the same manufacturer probably makes all of them. It's probably some huge production facility that makes all sorts of inks and dyes and pigments for a million different uses.

As my ink collection nears 400 (mostly samples), I'm only recently trying Monteverde inks...and so far, I've been pretty impressed with them. They're beautiful. Very vibrant. Their Ocean Noir is a deep indigo color with a copper-colored sheen. It's pretty stunning.

Edited by KreepyKen

I've used three Monteverde inks: Brown, Charoite, Horizon Blue. I don't blame Anderson Pens, Goulet Pens, and Jet Pens for not carrying Brown. (They all carry "Brown Sugar" and "Scotch Brown." But you really have to hunt for "Brown.") Brown sucks. Charoite and Horizon Blue are both excellent. In fact Charoite might be my favorite ink. It's certainly in the top three.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

They keep coming out with more and more fantastic colors. Of the ones I have, I particularly like Horizon Blue and Brown Sugar.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I've fallen in love with Monteverde Sapphire even though their water resistance isn't very good (at least remaining legible is important to me and I wish more of their inks had some water resistance.)

It's a really gorgeous deep blue- both somber and eye catching at the same time. Great for business I think. (I'm trying to upload a photo but it's not working at the moment).

Monteverde inks (and Colorado Pen inks, which are identical) are made in Austria. Coincidentally, Montblanc and Seitz-Kreuznach inks are also made in Austria. Also coincidentally, all four indicate that they were made in Austria, but bottled elsewhere (USA for Monteverde & Colorado Pen; Germany for Montblanc and Seitz-Kreuznach). If I had to guess, I'd say the same manufacturer probably makes all of them. It's probably some huge production facility that makes all sorts of inks and dyes and pigments for a million different uses.

+1 for this. I think you can also include C d'A and Kaweco in the group.

They are pretty dry inks from what discovered. They are well behaved. I tried them on cheap 10 cent hilroy paper thst feathers a bit and has bleedthough with Merangue black ink. No bleedthough or feathering observed. I had bleedthough from Daiso blue black. They seem to be a pretty decent school ink since they seem to work on the worst papers I tried it with.

Dryer inks are less likely to bleed through because they dry so quickly on the page before they have a chance to soak in. They now have so many in their different ranges that I bet some bleed through more than others. -_-

Dryer inks are less likely to bleed through because they dry so quickly on the page before they have a chance to soak in. They now have so many in their different ranges that I bet some bleed through more than others. -_-

fpn_1513432317__img_3434.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

According to the current December 2017 issue of Pen World magazine Monteverde inks are made at it's Southern California facility.

Sounds like poor wording on the part of Pen World Magazine. This is a new bottle of ink, and they haven't suddently shifted production since the beginning of the month:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4559/38380921424_cde2528d10_b.jpg

Sounds like poor wording on the part of Pen World Magazine. This is a new bottle of ink, and they haven't suddently shifted production since the beginning of the month:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4559/38380921424_cde2528d10_b.jpg

Quote: "Monteverde inks are made at the company's Southern California factory." There is also a picture of the room where the inks is being made.

Quote: "Monteverde inks are made at the company's Southern California factory." There is also a picture of the room where the inks is being made.

And yet, that's not what the box states. They certainly would need a room for packaging and mixing (if they do mixing in the US) however. So the existence of a room doesn't clear up the mystery.

There are very heavy fines for manufacturers who misstate the origin of goods sold in the US, but not so much for journalists or company spokespersons taking liberties with the definition of "made".

Edited by DasKaltblut