Lamyusa Sale!

drwright

Thank you so much for this initial post. I was able to purchase the LX and al-Star models at a very reasonable sale price and I did buy two bottles of T52 at $3.15 each. Today the prices are back up to their regular price. I tried to use their Pen70 code but it did not work. I am grateful to you. My family is very happy with their gifts.

Thank you.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Intensity

• thudthwacker

• zaddick

• marlinspike

Even though I already have enough Safaris, I took advantage of the sale to get a Lx and a green plastic Safari at giveaway prices. I also threw in a bottle of the Pacific ink, because I love the ink and at $3 a bottle, why not.

At $3 a bottle you can almost just toss the ink as the LAMY bottles are such a nice design. I will not as I happen to like turquoise ink.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I made another order for a couple of all-stars ,and put in the ink to get free shipping. That store is insane. Are their sales always that good? Do they ever have stock?

The distributor in the US switched so they are selling off remaining stock. Kinda a going mm out of business sale. Get while the getting is good.

My pens and ink arrived today as I was heading home for the weekend. Hooray. I hope others get their shipments soon.

My pens and ink arrived today as I was heading home for the weekend. Hooray. I hope others get their shipments soon.

I Just got them at the start of the weekend. And I'm so happy. I can't wait to really use it when I get back to school

Apparently, the sale will get over on January 15th. Just ordered two more bottles of T52 Pacific Blue Ink. I am enjoying my pens now.

My shipment arrived on Friday, and I've been using my new Charged Green Al-Star since yesterday morning. I decided on Sailor Rikyu-cha for the first fill -- it's not the same kind of gold-green that the pen is, but I think they look nice together. And I'm likely to fill another pen with the Pacific Blue ink -- I love turquoise quite a lot and haven't had any in rotation for a few weeks now, so I'm overdue.

My shipment arrived on Friday, and I've been using my new Charged Green Al-Star since yesterday morning.

I have to say, I wouldn't have guessed that metallic chartreuse would turn out to be one of my favorite colors. But this pen makes me grin every time I look at it.

Likewise, I like it a lot. I was also surprised how nice the gold LX is in person--I was a bit worried it'd be too shiny and "blingy". My number one Lamy color is still the rose gold LX (that sadly cost me a lot more a few months back). The palladium LX looks almost off-white in person--for some reason I thought it'd be more silver.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

My order just arrived.

I really like the looks of the Gold LX, but I have to say I would never have bought this pen at its standard price. To me, the LX doesn't offer much over the Al-Star to justify the price difference. But at the sale price, much cheaper than an Al-Star, I'll definitely enjoy mine!

• 2 weeks later...

I got throgh yesterday with my green Alstar with 1.1 stub (I had neglected it for many years) and Ku-Jaku, and really was loving on it throughout the crazy race of the day. I was asleep by 9pm after the 100 mile drive home, and woke up early, got out the IPad, and BAM!

I missed the crazy deals and there were no nibs. I have wanted gold nibs for my studio for a long time,.

I am hoping the Lx nibs are special. Have 3 coming.

What is an Lx?

Hoep I can make it to LA pen show, to fix the mangled nib on a 27n.

Love the flexy 27!

Cheers

Edited by adamselene

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness

LX nibs are basically the same as normal Lamy nibs in use, just slightly different appearance. Source: I have a lot in the same size in both silver steel, black steel, and black steel for LX, and they all feel the same with normal variation between them. LX is just like Al-Star but comes with extra aluminum storage case and has matching metallic accents instead of black/silver accents on Al-Star. Also slightly different logo appearance.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

LX nibs are basically the same as normal Lamy nibs in use, just slightly different appearance. Source: I have a lot in the same size in both silver steel, black steel, and black steel for LX, and they all feel the same with normal variation between them. LX is just like Al-Star but comes with extra aluminum storage case and has matching metallic accents instead of black/silver accents on Al-Star. Also slightly different logo appearance.

Well, no. gold nib this time

Looks like I have to buy some converters. Can the Studio, Al-Star and Lx use the same? Z24 or Z26/28for Lx?

Will the Lx take the Lamy Italic steel nibs?

Edited by adamselene

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness

I'm confused, you said "LX nibs". Nibs for Lamy LX (Z52) are basically the standard steel Lamy nib (Z50), but with the additional cosmetic thin curved gold color trim line around the tine slit. They are identical in shape and feel about the same in writing and are made of steel. The Gold nib (Z55-Z57) is of the same basic shape as Z50 and Z52. All of those are completely interchangeable between pens that accept that nib shape. Some opinions are that Z52 is not as smooth as Z50, but in my experience with a bunch of nibs of each kind the difference is small and can be attributed to sample variation.

Lamy LX is identical to Lamy AL-Star in all ways except external finish and logo texture.

Z24 (discontinued) and Z28 are made for Safari/Al-Star/LX pens and have little nubs that lock into the pen barrel. Most places now sell the new Z28 model. Amazon listing is for Z24, for example, but if you order a 5-pack, you'll get the new Z28 stock.

Edited by Intensity

• 2 weeks later...

They currently have Lamy 2000 (markolon) in stock with the buy one, get one free deal for Valentine's Day! Hurry! They're not going to last long.

P.S. I believe EF, F, and M were available.

Edited by TnTnT

They currently have Lamy 2000 (markolon) in stock with the buy one, get one free deal for Valentine's Day! Hurry! They're not going to last long.

P.S. I believe EF, F, and M were available.

Dang, wish I knew they were adding this. M only now :(

Wow, missed that :(. Super sad, as I don't want Medium, and I've wanted makrolon 2000 for a long time. That's a new addition to their inventory, by the way--I thought they only sold their remaining stock. Odd.

Wow, missed that :(. Super sad, as I don't want Medium, and I've wanted makrolon 2000 for a long time. That's a new addition to their inventory, by the way--I thought they only sold their remaining stock. Odd.

It seems there are a few different colors of Safari/Al-star that weren't there before too. Maybe someone found a box they forgot about?