The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Seeking Ink Recommendations For Eyedropper Desiderata

ink desiderata eyedropper

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jonny_J

Jonny_J

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:00

I recently got a Desiderata eyedropper-filled shorty. You can see my review, test sketch, and technical glitches here: http://www.fountainp...-point-of-view/

Anyway, as I said in my review, Platinum Carbon Black is the ink this pen really seems to like. Noodler's Black is too dry; I keep having to lick the nib  to get it started again. Aurora Black is too wet; it pours out of the breather hole. (Although others have reported success with Aurora Black, that was in sac fillers, which have a lot less fluid pressure than eyedropper fillers do). If anyone out there has personal experience and knows of a less expensive ink that will work in this pen, I'd be interested in hearing it. If it were black, and water-resistant enough to wash over, that would be a bonus. Otherwise, I guess the no-brainer solution is to just use P.C.B, which is the ink Pierre recommended. 

Sponsored Content

#2 Jan2016

Jan2016

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 14:58

Using it with Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses right now.

Works :-)

Sponsored Content

|